Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Peregrine415

Individual plating on AY5. I highly recommend the smoked arctic char.
This is also the shorthaul SFML on a different plate.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum

+1 I had that on the way to ICN last week, it was lovely
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Just had a awful experience on the night flight to BKK, no starters (everything served on one tray) but both the reindeer and the beef were fatty and scraggy - inedible. Due to the fact that the lounge offerings also been pretty poor the situation was not the best. But on the other hand I could sleep all the way trough.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:48 am

Flying the new LAX - HEL route AY002 next week, saw that the options are as follow:

Option 1
Beef Wagyu with celeriac and potato purée, kale and butternut squash
Option 2
Poached salmon with creamy lemon-dill sauce and Jasmine rice
Option 3
Chef ́s Special

Anyone has insights on what the Chef's special could be?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Usually chicken. Don't count on it being 'special' in the real sense of the word.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:42 am
R2

On flights from HKG the Chef's Special is chicken with rice...so much for the 'special'
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
I tried the salmon appetizer and arctic char main several times. What a great dish!!! I am so happy they managed to plan dish that is actually good and stays excellent even in flight conditions! The salmon appetizers are great quality and feels like a good restaurant dish. Arctic char is ok+ too.

The chef's special indeed is not so special usually. Except on this CKG-HEL flight it was spicy chicken and was pretty ok. And was actually spicy. Chef's special usually seems to be chicken dish.

HEL-HKG I asked for cappuccino from the machine but they refused to make it. I use word refused cause they seem to be able to do a moderate quality type of milk foam in A350 if they want. But mostly they try not to. Now they claimed the machine was not functioning. They made powder cappuccino which of course was clumpy and horrible surprise surprise. Maybe they should just take the whole cappuccino away from the menu if they don't even want to do it. Them lying about what they can and cannot do bothers me more. They should know that emeralds fly frequently and know what they can and cannot get Haha. Well the personnel was anyway more like robots on that flight. Protocol fulfilled nothing more.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:08 am

I, too, can warmly recommend the arctic char. Just enjoyed it on HEL-DEL. I usually preorder the reindeer ex-HEL, but decided to try something different this time as I have three longhauls in J ex-HEL coming up within two weeks and don't want to get an overdose of reindeer. Will choose it another time too!

HEL-DEL breakfast is the very familiar tomato-mozzarella-Alepa-baguette. It does, however, come on a tray with a few small pieces of fruit, a croissant and a yoghurt. For some reason, the menu doesn't give any description of the breakfast.

Last edited by ffay005; Apr 22, 2019 at 2:00 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by ffay005

HEL-DEL breakfast is the very familiar tomato-mozzarella-Alepa-baguette. It does, however, come on a tray with a few small pieces of fruit, a croissant and a youghurt. For some reason, the menu doesn't give any description of the breakfast.
There is salmon option as well. I also tried tomato-mozzarella last time. Although I had skipped the dinner, still could not finish the baguette.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:03 am

Next time, ask them to heat the tomato-mozzarella up. Tastes better!

Now that you mention it, yes, there was a salmon rieska available as well.

At the AY Kitchen event, they told us that the baguette is available on all longhauls, so if you want a substantial snack instead of Pirkka crisps and Fazer candy, just ask for it.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
One more recommendation for the Smoked Salmon (with horseradish coleslaw?) and Arctic Char dishes from the Myllymäki collection. Both very good, even if the arctic char was slightly overheated.

Glad to also see proper dessert on LH flights to besides the cheese / ice cream / petit fours. This time strawberry cheesecake, and quite a generous slice of it. No Alepa baguette for breakfast unfortunately, CC tried to feed me a not very fresh looking riistaleipä, politely declined
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:08 am

Here's the strawberry cheesecake: Mansikka-juustokakku, 12 palaa - Rollfoods

AY used to offer this many many years ago on MD11 flights... If you want to buy your own cake, at least Metrotukku stocks them.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum, OWE
Originally Posted by ffay005
Here's the strawberry cheesecake: Mansikka-juustokakku, 12 palaa - Rollfoods

AY used to offer this many many years ago on MD11 flights... If you want to buy your own cake, at least Metrotukku stocks them.
They served this cake half frozen on my latest flight. Maybe it’s stored frozen or the palane fridge is too cold?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:24 am

It's a deep-frozen product, yes. But it thaws in about 30 minutes in room temperature at home. When I've bought it, I actually like to eat it while not yet completely thawed. It tastes more fresh that way.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
I also had the strawberry cheesecake. Imo quite tasteless. However petit fours were really good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.