Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Finally tried the raindeer. I really liked it - wasn't overcooked, and tasted like a nice hearty homely meal, especially after current lounge experience in HEL.

Not smart enough to upload a pic though
hackneycab2 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I had the reindeer a month ago. I must have had bad luck then as I didn’t really think it was anything special.

Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Greetings from AY122.

It seems like it would be best to self-cater at Alepa if doing DT in DEL as it is an option.

During the FT visit to Finnair Kitchen we were informed that DEL-HEL catering had just changed back to DEL. For a period of time the DEL-HEL catering had been done out of HEL.

Out of my one-week trip to India the DEL-HEL Y-meal was the worst I have experienced.

The chicken tased like mud and I did not dare to eat anything after the first bite. The sweet pepper-water melon salad was frozen when served. How about temperature control of the food?

The purser did what he could, and I was served a left-over salmon dish from C. Taste was ok, though nothing special, at least I do not feel I will get sick of it....

I will definitely try to have a word with one of our hosts at Finnair Kitchen.

cistavoda likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by Tapio
Finally had a time to push this forward so made a call to AY CS. As mentioned by couple of other above as well it was possible to pre-order a special meals for kids in J. They were offering e.g. burgers or pizzas. All in all, burgers selected for the kids so the meal part is now under control.
Here is the outcome; some berries to start with (not in the picture), then some starter (chicken and vegies) and the burger as a main course. I understood it served the purpose, but was obviously quite sizeable for a smaller kid. Ice cream and chocolate cake were the options for the desert.

Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Tapio
Here is the outcome; some berries to start with (not in the picture), then some starter (chicken and vegies) and the burger as a main course. I understood it served the purpose, but was obviously quite sizeable for a smaller kid. Ice cream and chocolate cake were the options for the desert.
I think I'm gonna be a kid on my next flight...
ffay005, intuition, FFlash and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:15 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I think I'm gonna be a kid on my next flight...
"Hamburger and champagne for the kid, please!"
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
ROXETTE’S Per Gessle is composing matching music to the AY J class menu.

Did anyone tried this yet? Taste is better? or marketing at the max?

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/tommymyllymaki
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:51 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Marketing.

I have, from the last occassion, two sets of headphones with pre-recorded audio to "enhance taste". Sure, it alters the food experience to listen to birch wood burn slowly while waterdrops drip and wind blows natural tones. But to say food tastes better is a stretch.

I can send you the mp3 and you can try at home
Ed Size likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Ed Size

I'm waiting for the FINNISH Per kele and sausage combo.
vulle and FFlash like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:03 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by cistavoda
I'm waiting for the FINNISH Per kele and sausage combo.
I've heard they are launching new menues in april: You'll listen to Lordi and eat Salmiakki with Koff.

(That would be the first time Lordi enhanced anything
Ed Size, cistavoda and FFlash like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by intuition
I've heard they are launching new menues in april: You'll listen to Lordi and eat Salmiakki with Koff.

(That would be the first time Lordi enhanced anything
All things I like in Finnland as a combination - just great. (Okay Lordi are not really my favourite band)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:53 am
R2

Originally Posted by Ed Size

On AY102 today they handed out printed cards promoting this with the menu. However, they did not serve the foods in question nor did they have the music available. According to the promo card the Roxette soundscapes is available in the IFE system. The purser was blissfully ignorant of the entire initiative.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AY 6 JFK-HEL 1759-0850 (+1) A-330-300

Standard PDB of water, blueberry juice or champagne. I was happy to get a refill on my champagne too

Tasty amuse buche of scallops and zucchini

The chicken confit was really tasty as was the ahi tuna

Petit Fours, ice cream and some very tasty Port

The cold breakfast was far more extensive than expected and hit the spot after the few hours of sleep I managed to get
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AY 131 HEL-SIN 2355-1715 A-350-900

I'm quite happy that Finnair has a good scotch (Glenfiddich)

The Pork Ballotine was good though I'm not sure what that weird Finnish roll I selected was.

I like that Finnair allows you to enjoy cheese plate AND dessert. A lot of airlines make you select just one

Halfway decent omelet. I do wish that a flight with a 5:15 PM arrival had a lunch/dinner type meal instead of breakfast.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:40 pm

AY 132 SIN-HEL 2345-0535 (+1) A-350-900

I like that on each flight I had a different snack with my drink. These wasabi peas were excellent

Really good beef, in fact I didn't have a bad entree on AY

I went with the cold option this time and quite enjoyed it. Good job to AY on catering, these were my first flights with them and I was very impressed with the food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.