Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Cold plates sound okay. For main course, I'd have the salmon. The beef doesn't sound bad, either. And for dessert, I would kindly ask for 1+1. They sound good!

Curious about the eggless breakfast. It actually sounds pretty okay.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I'd go for the ribs, as the starters are fish and chicken.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Fish for the main as they are almost always good ex-HEL.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
BKK-HEL

The chicken glass noodle cold plate was stunning, the tuna filet cold plate was the exact same they had earlier on this route. Salmon main option was superb. So far, so good.

Then the breakfast! It was good. The onion and leek pie was however a bit too intense for me this early in the morning. It was however a high quality one and delicious.

r2d2, ffay005, intuition and 5 others like this.

Last edited by EuroFlash; Jun 4, 2022 at 7:22 pm
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
Euroflash - I think you were on my flight, were you on the June 3rd departure from BKK?

I also had the salmon and while the portions seemed tiny in the dishes, actually it was all really tasty and I couldn't finish all the food. Or rather, I didn't want to sit that late at night with a large dinner weighing down my stomach. Same thoughts about the onion pie - it was good but seemed kinda heavy for morning. I actually really liked the egg and sausage thing they served on the way to BKK, and that is coming from someone who doesn't like eggs.

Thinking about the service flow - sure its still on the single tray, but I sort of liked how it was delivered from the tiny aisle trolley along with a dinner beverage. The FA removed the coverings, added a sprig of cilantro to the salad bit, added a drink and offered some bread from the basket. Later they came round with the dessert or cheese and afters drinks. It sure beat the single tray, true cafeteria style of BA - plonk it down and move on - Club World style.

I WAS disappointed not to have seen hide nor hair of a cinnamon bun. Are those gone for good?
SPBanker likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by sondra_finchley
Euroflash - I think you were on my flight, were you on the June 3rd departure from BKK?

I also had the salmon and while the portions seemed tiny in the dishes, actually it was all really tasty and I couldn't finish all the food. Or rather, I didn't want to sit that late at night with a large dinner weighing down my stomach. Same thoughts about the onion pie - it was good but seemed kinda heavy for morning. I actually really liked the egg and sausage thing they served on the way to BKK, and that is coming from someone who doesn't like eggs.

Thinking about the service flow - sure its still on the single tray, but I sort of liked how it was delivered from the tiny aisle trolley along with a dinner beverage. The FA removed the coverings, added a sprig of cilantro to the salad bit, added a drink and offered some bread from the basket. Later they came round with the dessert or cheese and afters drinks. It sure beat the single tray, true cafeteria style of BA - plonk it down and move on - Club World style.

I WAS disappointed not to have seen hide nor hair of a cinnamon bun. Are those gone for good?
I was actually on the Saturday evening flight, June 4th

The food from BKK-HEL was by far superior to the beef cheek vomit they served from HEL to BKK - did not enjoy that flight that much.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:36 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
The food from BKK-HEL was by far superior to the beef cheek vomit they served from HEL to BKK - did not enjoy that flight that much.
A matter of taste obviously. I think the beef cheek on HEL - BKK was really tasty and tender, way better than AY long-haul J meals used to be pre-covid. Mrs. r2d2 had the salmon and was also positively impressed (well, her previous experience from longhauls was from AY16 and the infamous chicken caesar salad, so her expectations were low).

The only negative with the dinner was the miniscule piece of cheesecake offered as the other option for dessert. It was good, but super small. And there was no round of drinks (nor peanuts) before the dinner, but it might be because of the late departure.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: Finnair , Marriot Gold
Hel-Del really disaster. Never eaten so bad a meal on AY. No menus or no explanations. Just the choice of 1 vegetarian or salmon. Had to send the Indian meal back and had the salmon which was so bland. No bread offered. Had to ask for it. Del-Hel was better, 3 CHOICES computer printed menus. I hope they improve with the help of their entire Indian staff.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by jakas
Hel-Del really disaster. Never eaten so bad a meal on AY. No menus or no explanations. Just the choice of 1 vegetarian or salmon. Had to send the Indian meal back and had the salmon which was so bland. No bread offered. Had to ask for it. Del-Hel was better, 3 CHOICES computer printed menus. I hope they improve with the help of their entire Indian staff.
I am flying JFK-HEL-BOM in November in J and have asked for an Hindu Meal and this does not give me any confidence. Their website states its only Veg meal from HEL, DEL and Goa, wonder why.
I flew Turkish last time and they gave me Sword Fish as my Hindu meal. All the meals I had on Turkish were really bad and to rub salt in the wounds they had excellent Indian food at the Lounge in Istanbul.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
BKK-HEL menu. What would you choose?
food pics coming soon

You get both starters
​​​​​​.
The salmon was excellent. I also liked the mango mousse.

When did you fly? I was on the Friday evening flight
Old Jun 5, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Does the AY crew object/refuse/stumble/choke, when asking to get the official late night "diner" as next mornings' breakfast (and maybe the breakfast as a small supper right after departure) ?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:44 am

HEL-BKK SFMLs. That's a sliver of salmon (I think) in between the eggs and the potato thing on the early afternoon breakfast. Wasn't too bad overall and I would likely chose it again.

Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:31 am

The breakfast is a combination of short-haul warm breakfast with cold-cuts from the short-haul cold breakfast. Well the fruit is served from a bowl. Rather unimaginateve to always repeat the same dishes
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Cambo
Does the AY crew object/refuse/stumble/choke, when asking to get the official late night "diner" as next mornings' breakfast (and maybe the breakfast as a small supper right after departure) ?
I would say it depends on the crew, on your status and foremost on how you present the idea. I've had crews go out of their way in serving me "dine on demand", some pursers have even suggested it proactively.

But when I ask, I always remind myself that I'm asking for a special favour and am prepared to get a "no", with which I'm then satisfied.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by r2d2
The only negative with the dinner was the miniscule piece of cheesecake offered as the other option for dessert. It was good, but super small. And there was no round of drinks (nor peanuts) before the dinner, but it might be because of the late departure.
Indeed the current cheesecake portion is really small, almost like some kind of small piece of a larger tasting menu. On the other flight I tried also the mango mousse which was also quite small dish, but clearly more towards normal dessert sizing.
r2d2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.