Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Pirkka.

Most likely not only for HAV
remymartin and FFlash like this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by ffay005
Pirkka.

Most likely not only for HAV
LOL.

Lounge serves Taffel now as Fazer took over. Before it was Menu (Kespro wholesale brand for industrial kitchens).
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
HEL-HKG Midnight menu

I flew AY99 and AY100 in the past two weeks, here some comments about the new menus:ř

ex-HEL: the signature cod dish by Tommi Myllymäki was quite dry and lacked character. The grav lax appetizer was better, yet also lacked strong accent flavors, despite the horseradish and mustard. Two choices of appetizers, cant recall if that's new on the midnight menu.

ex-HKG: I had pre-ordered the Jaakko Sorsa meatballs, which were excellent. One of my best dished in Finnair J. The (seemingly green) FA insisted that my preorder determined my starter, and after two tries of ordering the salmon appetizer, I gave up. I got the meat option, which was lackluster. IMO very stupid service from the young male FA.

tl;dr: choice of appetizers back on ex-HEL midnight menu. Or did it ever even disappear?

EDIT: Amuse Bouche served both ways, the other flight's crew's view of a proper midnight meal drink service (a glass for each item) was not adequate

Last edited by SuloL; Feb 25, 2018 at 4:49 am Reason: More stuff
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:50 pm

... and wine

This year none of AY wines won any prices in the Business Traveller survey. The wine list won the silver medallion for the best presented Wine list in Business class. Source: Business Traveller March 2018.
I do agree that the wine list looks nice. Often one is diaspointed to read how well the wine would go with x dish not available onboard. Wouldn’t it be nice that it would also recommend the wines matching for today’s meals (alternatively the recommendations could also be shown in the menu).And how about the wines in short-haul J. Wouldn’t it be nice to have two choices of Red and white Wine as like it used to be in Y.Some one commented the improved Wine list in long haul flights. I fully agree that it would be great to have a choice for Champagne (rose? or maybe a very good And interesting sparkling Wine)Sorry for the autocorrected spelling errors.
NoWindowSeat and Purjelentaja like this.

Last edited by nordic; Feb 27, 2018 at 3:59 pm
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Using the chat function of the AY website I was able to get a description of the schedule meals for my flights. The currently had up to May 5th's flights planned out. Respond took a total of 12 hours (overnight US hours).
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:02 pm

Couple days ago NRT-HEL, lucky op-up

Starter was very good, main food way too dry (it was Chef Maezawa special) and cheese plate quite delicious.

Only coke and water for drinks, it was quite difficult morning...
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: finnair plus platinum
On my flight to Bangkok this month, on the menu there were recommendation of wine for each course
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Can someone please remind me (again) when the pre-orders (option 1, 2 3 etc) of LH J meals opens up?
Have a J segment in 30 days time (midnight HEL-BKK flight) and I don't seem to have the options available other than the usual kosher, low sodium etc.

I did receive the mail from AY reminding me about the upcoming flights so I checked and there were no options...
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by Cupart
Can someone please remind me (again) when the pre-orders (option 1, 2 3 etc) of LH J meals opens up?
Have a J segment in 30 days time (midnight HEL-BKK flight) and I don't seem to have the options available other than the usual kosher, low sodium etc.

I did receive the mail from AY reminding me about the upcoming flights so I checked and there were no options...
I'm thinking the system might be broken. Flew 2 LHs recently and the Option 1/2/3 (+Reindeer etc.) didn't show up at all starting from at least T-14. I, however, had selected Option 2 a little after booking, after which the menus had been changed, so I had something totally different.

CS might be able to assign you something, at least they were able to remove my request when asking.
Cupart likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:00 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
So just double checked in case I was missing something and it's defo not there...

It's been like this for the last week or so so surely it cannot be a technical glitch (seems to be quite a good few of these on AY's website)
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
So just double checked in case I was missing something and it's defo not there...

It's been like this for the last week or so so surely it cannot be a technical glitch (seems to be quite a good few of these on AY's website)
I have an afternoon HEL- BKK flight coming up exactly in a month (28 March) and just checked my meal selection. For me Option 1,2 & 3 and the other 3 ex-HEL meal options are all displayed in the drop-down list. Must be a Platinum perk
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore

It s there, you need to follow the link as said on the the top of your screen shot.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Flew HEL-SGN recently and was thoroughly annoyed by the "everything at once" concept. The starter and the main course were good (I didn't prebook anything as to simulate a first-timer), but the presentation just felt like Economy class without the aluminium foil on top. The cheese plate was weak and the breakfast options were poor.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:15 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
I have an afternoon HEL- BKK flight coming up exactly in a month (28 March) and just checked my meal selection. For me Option 1,2 & 3 and the other 3 ex-HEL meal options are all displayed in the drop-down list. Must be a Platinum perk
Same for my JFK flight, all options, 3+3, are in the drop down list.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Ed Size
It s there, you need to follow the link as said on the the top of your screen shot.
As far as I understand it, Cupart is not looking for the menu, but how to actually pre-order it. The menu indeed should be available from the link that is visible on the screenshot, but as you can see, "option 1, 2 & 3" and the other ex-HEL options are not listed in the drop-down list, from where you should be able to pick it.
Cupart likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.