Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Any experiences of what is served as CHML on the HEL-MIA route in business?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I had the chance to compare AY C with that of AF and KL - AY was a tie with AF and considerably ahead of KL. (It's been a long time I had no direct aisle access in longhaul C - KL's 2-2-2 made me climb over my neighbour's legs)

The hard product on AF was slightly better (very similar seat to AY', but better legroom/footwell), the catering was maybe a notch below AY on a good day. This being AF, the wine selection was good, but it's good on AY, too. KL's offering was the least good of the three (I cannot say worst, as it was good, but least good)

The service was again a tie between AF and AY (on a good day with Finnish crew), KL was a tie with AY (on not a good day with Finnish crew)

Interesting excursion to the uncharted waters of ST and saving a LOT of money in the process (WAW-Japan was 1500€ in front of the bus via CDG outbound and AMS on the way back - thanks the relevant FT thread for the info! ^ Skipped the last leg out of AMS, came home on HE - probably first and last flight with them. Still, the AMS-WAW boarding pass gave access to pro security and Crown lounge)
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:46 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mhle
HEL-WAW has only one option (duration <2 hours), HEL-CDG has two options (duration >2 hours). I have not flown to TXL or PRG, but TXL is an interesting case as the flight duration is exactly 2 hours.
HEL-WAW still has two options, they're just food or no food
Ed Size likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: AY Plat, EBG, M&M Brussels airlines, Pan Am, etc
Some random comments from HEL-SIN last night:

-Departure was 1h delayed for some technical glitch. Don't know if they fixed it in the end. Wifi and route maps were down for the whole flight.
-Thus meal service started really late, and I was about to skip it and sleep.
- Glad I didn't though. Salmon tartar and pork ballotine both pretty good, esp the mashed potatoes with the pork. Cheese plate a bit meh as usual.
- Arctic blue GT ok, but it's not Napue. Montepulciano red good with pork.
- Breakfast really quite good. Nice omelette with shredded chorizo, good coffee and OJ, and the fresh fruit actually tasted fresh, croissant was not warm but really soft and fresh.
- Crew was ok+. Guy on my aisle really hustled. Left a bit hasty feeling, but he got things done. Plat recognition from purser really mechanical, but at least she did it.

All in all, pretty OK for a delayed midnight flight.
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
It might be worth it to let AY know you were disappointed with the non-functioning wifi. 5k-10k points usually offered.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by ffay005
It might be worth it to let AY know you were disappointed with the non-functioning wifi. 5k-10k points usually offered.
I suppose you need to have the right status to receive points for non-functioning wifi. But I accepted their apology...
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by on22cz
I suppose you need to have the right status to receive points for non-functioning wifi. But I accepted their apology...
AYlympia states he's AY Plat.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
AYlympia states he's AY Plat.
Yes, I was just putting my experience on the table. But sure, Platsku seem right for being given the points.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: AY Plat, EBG, M&M Brussels airlines, Pan Am, etc
By the grace of janica, I am indeed. So far my best return from complaints dept has been a Delicard voucher, when HKG-HEL served me some totally flavourfree hospital-grade steamed fish and rice, instead of the preordered chef Sorsa roe and salmon goodness.

But maybe I should try to improve on that.
on22cz likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:44 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Bangkok-Helsinki

Beef Curry for main

Duck for starter

Ice cream with blueberry liquor
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:05 am

That's an innovative ice cream sundae you've got there! I'll have to try that next time! ^
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:10 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
How was the garlic bread? I was happy to see it was making a comeback as it was one of my favorites years ago. But so far it's been more of a disappointment, every time I've tried it, it has been mushy and tasted more like cardboard than garlic bread.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
That's an innovative ice cream sundae you've got there! I'll have to try that next time! ^
Once they had left only that ”milk iccream” or whatever that is and I was like ”eeehh naaaa” and the FA persuaded me ” it is quite good when I spice it up a bit” and then served it me with fresh blueberries and something else. It went down and I was surprised by the AY crew innovativeness and service, for once!
ffay005, cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
How was the garlic bread? I was happy to see it was making a comeback as it was one of my favorites years ago. But so far it's been more of a disappointment, every time I've tried it, it has been mushy and tasted more like cardboard than garlic bread.
Unfortunately garlic bread was dry and cold
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:12 am

2nd meal BKK-HEL today

Chicken noodles

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.