Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Summerhouses near Finnair destinations.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:46 am
TTL
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest

Originally Posted by intuition
If that is the case (and it might very well be) then MMX is doomed. There is no way it can survive if they only offer list prices.
OT: Have been thinking of a "summer"house with garden and sea view either från den vackra jylländska västkusten eller någonstans i närheten av Ystad. The latter location just got a bonus!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:40 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
There are upsides ofcourse with MMX, and like I said, I really hope AY is committed to it. Just remember it has no rail connection and busses only go westwards.
But if you can swing it, Ystad is not a bad choice. I personally would go more towards Österlen, as Ystad is caught up in Wallander fever. It is like buying Apple product, you pay 50% extra just for the brand!
TTL likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
Asking as an outsider, what are the popular places in the south for holiday homes?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:24 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I found this digress very interesting and a nice moderator saved our off-topic into a new thread. ^

Originally Posted by vanaema78
Asking as an outsider, what are the popular places in the south for holiday homes?
I assume you are asking south of sweden? Almost all seaside location is popular.

Ystad is vastly popular mainly for sandy seaside, cute city with showbox houses and Sandsskogen (pine growing in sandy soil).
Countryside around Ystad and to the east (Österlen) has rolling hills and some nice views and is much more sparesly populated.

The northeat of scania around Åhus has "gravel-sand" but popular for people living nearby cities (that are not seaside).

Northwest of Scania , for example Kullen area is very popular where a number of fishing villages has become almost 100% summer houses or second homes, combining stunnig scenery, hiking areas, commutable to major city.

Seaside Blekinge is very popular due to archipelago. People liking Ingå area i Nyland would probably like Blekinge.

Now I like to hear from others if they have a favourite area close to a AY destination!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
This has nothing to do with Finnair, but I’d be interested in experiences of owning/purchasing property incl. apartments on the Côte d’Azur.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Even as a national, I consider NCE to be an over-priced urbanization disaster. Also, on winter time business trips to Sophia/Antibes, I could see how dead the place is off-season.

But whatever suits you. Some relative split and sold off their property there recently. There are plenty of estate agents ready to take your monies - and plenty of buyers to compete with.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I liked the penthouse suite of the Hyatt on the Promenade d'Anglais
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Even as a national, I consider NCE to be an over-priced urbanization disaster. Also, on winter time business trips to Sophia/Antibes, I could see how dead the place is off-season.

But whatever suits you. Some relative split and sold off their property there recently. There are plenty of estate agents ready to take your monies - and plenty of buyers to compete with.
I’ve actually never been to Nice town itself. But there are plenty of pretty little towns and villages both by the sea and up in the hills. And the Riviera is long - too bad Finnair does not fly to Marseilles. Don’t mind deadness off-season!

Is it easy to buy if you are not a French citizen?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:32 am

From a legal standpoint, there should not be any problem for EU citizens to own property and/or live there. I assume some, but not all, estate agents will also provide English services and some help with the paperwork - not that I'd know.

There are plenty of foreigners living in France, especially in that area.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue

I’ve actually never been to Nice town itself. But there are plenty of pretty little towns and villages both by the sea and up in the hills.

By urbanization disaster, I am referring to the coast line, not the city of Nice. The infrastructure has not kept up with the influx of inhabitants and tourists.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by TTL
OT: Have been thinking of a "summer"house with garden and sea view either från den vackra jylländska västkusten eller någonstans i närheten av Ystad. The latter location just got a bonus!
AY with partners hasn't been very good at these Swedish destinations – they've tried a little this and that over the past few years, and then silently withdrawn the routes one after the other. So whatever you do, don't count on there being direct flights.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
Originally Posted by intuition
I found this digress very interesting and a nice moderator saved our off-topic into a new thread. ^

I assume you are asking south of sweden? Almost all seaside location is popular
Looks like a nice a area to have a summerhouse on a budget.
even cheaper than Estonian islands...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.