Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

In the footsteps of the Delhi Deli: same-plane return to DEL & 20k points

In the footsteps of the Delhi Deli: same-plane return to DEL & 20k points

Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
I was eating everything in the lounges at DEL, and no problems whatsoever.
Only, it burned at least twice
Old May 5, 2019, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Paging @cistavoda... How did your DT go? What did the transfer desk guy actually do, and how long did it take? And did you find yourself in a hurry transiting?
Old May 5, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by ffay005
Paging @cistavoda... How did your DT go? What did the transfer desk guy actually do, and how long did it take? And did you find yourself in a hurry transiting?
No queue at all at the desk. Transfer desk took a photo of my BP (printed at HEL) and wrote DT on it. They asked where I'm coming from and upon hearing HEL, he said something along the line "Oh, good for the miles". I was at the lounge in about 10 minutes after arrival. Took a shower and had a salad. Then it was boarding time
ffay005, florens, SPBanker and 4 others like this.
Old May 5, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by cistavoda
..."Oh, good for the miles"
DEL staff has caught on to our idiocy it seems I didn't get a comment like that during my DTs, first time big ?? face, second time the transfer agent was busy talking on phone, while taking photo of my BP with another phone, so no comment there
cistavoda likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cistavoda
No queue at all at the desk. Transfer desk took a photo of my BP (printed at HEL) and wrote DT on it. They asked where I'm coming from and upon hearing HEL, he said something along the line "Oh, good for the miles". I was at the lounge in about 10 minutes after arrival. Took a shower and had a salad. Then it was boarding time
Great, thanks! Looking forward to the mango yoghurt ^
cistavoda likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 7:46 am

You know, the photo taking started some months ago, didn't it?
So, I wonder what they do with these pictures? Even, the take the pics with their own smartphones...

Maybe they have a whatsapp group called "DT"???
Old May 5, 2019, 8:00 am
Original Poster

When I did my DT back in JAN18, the transfer desk guy took my BP and passport and asked me to sit down and wait. Then he made a phone call somewhere, probably to AY check-in. All this took about five minutes. I believe that they've decided to make the process smoother by taking a pic and sending the customer straight to security while the transfer desk guy then places his phone call or maybe even sends the pic without the customer having to wait.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:16 am

Maybe, would explain this. Hopefully they delete the pic afterwards.
Last time, th agent almost forgot that and called me back
Old May 5, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
I think they have a group Idiots of Finnair and post all the BPs there.
ffay005, esledo, cistavoda and 4 others like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
I mean, DEL DT idiocy has been going on for a few years now atleast, and DEL international transfer is basically dead at that time in my experience. Not rocket science to be expecting us at this point
ffay005, cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Currently doing DD. I hope I’m not screwed – my HEL-printed return BP doesn’t have a Finnair logo, it’s printed on plain stock. Well, if the transit guy doesn’t like it, I guess he must hand-write a new one on AY paper for me.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Superrman
I mean, DEL DT idiocy has been going on for a few years now atleast, and DEL international transfer is basically dead at that time in my experience. Not rocket science to be expecting us at this point
Yes, at least the agent at HEL who printed my return BP didn’t bat an eyelid when she wanted to know when my return flight was, and I replied “in about 12 hours”.
on22cz and Superrman like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:21 am

Yes, at least the agent at HEL who printed my return BP didn’t bat an eyelid when she wanted to know when my return flight was, and I replied “in about 12 hours”.
Last time the super-friendly agent at transfer desk @ HEL said: "no way, you have to do it in DEL".
esledo likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Smooth experience at DEL today. We touched down on the runway at 5:49, the door was opened at 6:05 and I was at the transfer desk at 6:13. Transfer Guy took his picture, said “miles and more”, smiled and sent me on my way.

There were 20 South Asian men standing in line at transfer security so it took a while, but I was in the lounge at 6:30.

They announced boarding at 6:55, although in reality it only meant that the gate was open. Actual boarding started around 7:10 and we were in the air at 8:12.

I don’t know what they do with that pic, but I believe they do not send it to the AY representative because at the gate I got the beep and was flagged “unable to board”. The gate agent, however, only looked at his screen and waved me through without actually doing anything, like scanning passport info etc. One would assume that the purpose of the transfer desk visit is to prepare the gate so that no red beeps occur, right?

Crew has been mediocre both ways, a bit better on the inbound, and they ran out of the salmon appetizer on the outbound, which was an unpleasant surprise. Well, this flight takes me to Platskuhood so no more running out of appetizers for ffay005 for a while ^
SPBanker, FFlash, on22cz and 6 others like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
this flight takes me to Platskuhood so no more running out of appetizers for ffay005 for a while ^
whadduujuumiin? the app circle just jumps to the next level - Lumo to go...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.