Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

In the footsteps of the Delhi Deli: same-plane return to DEL & 20k points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In the footsteps of the Delhi Deli: same-plane return to DEL & 20k points

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by ffay005
It seems to vary from state to state. Never knew that! 25 must be the highest in the world...
Originally Posted by lkrt
Whoops!
I am not going to complain about Norwegian salad laws for a while after seeing this 🙃

Originally Posted by on22cz
Good to hear another positive experience with the Indian crew. I may give them a try.

Out of curiosity, does Plaza Premium at DEL have a staffed bar? What kind of salad is there worth tasting after stepping off a well stocked AY flight and awaiting the return? I can't think of a standard Plaza Premium lounge that would have better liquor selection than AY.

Enjoy your return!
Thanks! Return was in Y, and maybe it's just because of that, but my first impression of return crew is somewhat negative. Slow in removing meal trays and various other small stuff. I think it's most correct to say that the DEL crews are highly variable...

I was honestly not in the mood for salads as my sleep was not the best, but the selection was nothing amazing. Kingfisher as was mentioned is a safe choice, I suppose.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Superrman
Posting from Plaza Premium. Salad is for 25+ year olds in DEL, I learned today... [insert four-letter word here]
I've seen a picture of the sign, was it actually enforced?

Originally Posted by ffay005
It seems to vary from state to state. Never knew that! 25 must be the highest in the world...
Yep, it beats the asinine 21+ here in the US. Luckily in the past my horizontal Finnish drivers license has worked since licenses issued to under 21's are vertical and most of the time they don't bother checking the date
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
India is, at least in theory, opening up. I would still hesitate, though. The biggest problem I see here is that they randomly test approx. 2 % of all arriving pax at the airport. Perhaps this doesn't apply to transit pax, but if it does, and if they don't let you board your connecting flight before the results are in, then...

https://www.traveloffpath.com/india-...ents-for-2022/

India Covid-19 Entry Requirements from 11JAN:
  • Submit a self-declaration and proof of negative PCR test (72 hours) on the Air Suvidha portal
  • Take a PCR test upon arrival if randomly picked
  • Complete 7-day quarantine period and take a PCR test on their eighth day in the country; I suppose transit is allowed, though
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
I guess the biggest problem is DEL min connection time (8 hrs) and INT-INT connection is not allowed.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I guess the biggest problem is DEL min connection time (8 hrs) and INT-INT connection is not allowed.
this must be fairlyishly new as I did a same plane turn there right before this covid mess came about
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:26 pm

Like said, world is (going) crazy.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
any official source for that?
see https://www.airindia.in/delhi.htm (MCT 1h?)
but https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/up-t...ources-2630588
https://www.newdelhiairport.in/covid19

This looks like trouble.
Somebody out there to try it?
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Carotthat
any official source for that?
Please note, that only INT-DOM and DOM-INT connections via Delhi airport are currently allowed. The minimum connecting time for INT-DOM in DEL is 8 h, due to all passengers having to undergo COVID19-tests (at their own cost) on arrival at DEL airport and wait for the test results. The minimum connecting times via DEL for DOM-INT remain unchanged (allowed under normal minimum connecting times).
https://easy.finnair.com/fi-fi/news/...india--2442464
Old Jan 8, 2022, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

"At Delhi Airport, you can get the test done for INR 500 & get the result within 6-8 hours. Click here to book Covid-19 test now. Passenger has to wait for the test results before leaving the Airport or taking a connecting flight."

Finland (as well as the rest of Europe) is included on the "Countries at Risk".

Let's see if this changes 11JAN.

https://www.newdelhiairport.in/covid19

(500 INR is 6 EUR. For 2900 INR or 35 EUR you can get a rapid PCR within 90 min.)
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:00 pm

Is someone really going to DEL ?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 1:14 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
Finnair is quoting the Delhi Airport page.
Officially there's no rule there forbidding a DT - if you can make it in time.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Is someone really going to DEL ?
i just had to check the prices for fun. Seems the AY Delhi Deli is not a very good deal these days atleast for a direct turn 😂
Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Carotthat
Finnair is quoting the Delhi Airport page.
Officially there's no rule there forbidding a DT - if you can make it in time.
No chance. International transit has been stopped in Q1/20 (so no DT, the intl transit counters are not staffed and the security there is closed) and all pax from Europe need to test on arrival since last week, so you have to wait for your PCR test to be done (2-4h), enter India and then checkin again. Also omicron is currently raging in India, so a trip there is not really fun...
SPBanker and Carotthat like this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:06 am
Original Poster

AY HEL Schengen lounge soup

No need to take a Delhi Deli run to see what the outcome of Delhi Belly looks like. Just keep your eyes open in HEL(l)
r2d2, cistavoda and miamiflyer8 like this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE), *A Gold, ST Elite Plus
Another problem is the Indian visa... They have cancelled all the tourist visas again. I went there on the first AY DEL flight on December 6th... I had a business visa and it took them about 20 min at the gate with multiple phone calls to determine that my visa was good enough to board...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.