AY Raffle 18JAN18 - 18APR18

Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I did manage to get through Quizz 2 eventually, though I don't remember how exactly.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:04 am

Quiz 2
  • How can you use your Finnair Plus award points? : All
  • How can you benefit from your Finnair Plus membership with Finnair Holidays? : Using and earning with Finnair Holidays
  • If you happen to lose your Finnair Plus card, how can you get a new one?: By logging in at Finnair.com and requesting a new one
  • What kind of partners are part of Finnair Plus? : All but space travel
  • What can you do with your Finnair Plus points in Finnair Shop? : All but buy an award flight
Hopefully I marked down these right. It was a bit of hit an' miss with answering "using Finnair Plus award points" question, had to triple check the AY+ website to finally get it right.
joakgarp, Leo123 and Clydez like this.

Last edited by manywhere; Jan 28, 2018 at 2:31 am
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Yet another quirk

"Complete following achievements to enter the raffle: Up-to-date profile"

vs

Completed missions....

• Complete your Finnair Plus profile +300p
Heh??
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by manywhere
Hopefully I marked down these right. It was a bit of hit an' miss with answering "using Finnair Plus award points" question, had to triple check the AY+ website to finally get it right.
You did! Thanks! ^ ^
manywhere likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: AY+ Silver, IHG Gold Elite
I got the classical Monopoly moment "Bank error in your favor: collect 5000 points".

Haven´t flown a single flight during the period and got the book a flight - 3 flights & 5 flights achievements with a total of 5000 points. Let´s hope it sticks.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Vesseli
I got the classical Monopoly moment "Bank error in your favor: collect 5000 points".

Haven´t flown a single flight during the period and got the book a flight - 3 flights & 5 flights achievements with a total of 5000 points. Let´s hope it sticks.
Beware of the raffle before you enjoy those points, you might lose your nerves during the raffle chaos and end up at psycologist and get classical monopoly moment "Pay your doctor fee: 3000 marks"
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:35 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Still spinning globe of death for me, so I'm drawing a "Go straight to Star Alliance. Do not log in here again, do not collect 5000 points"-card.
AhogZ, FFlash and jmmi like this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
My "personalized" mission is the "Fly Finnair to Asia and earn 8000 extra award points". First I thought, great, 8000 extra award points for a LH flight to Asia, not bad. Then I looked at it more closely and it turns out that you have to visit ALL of the Finnair's Asian destinations during the promotion.

So let me think, should I book flights to Japan and Vietnam to get 8000 extra award points total...nah. It's cool and all for people who have already visited all of the destinations (as the promotion looks back your flights up to 2014), or maybe missing one, but now it gives no incentive whatsoever to even think of coming up with creative travel plans to achieve the mission.

Last edited by AndyA; Jan 30, 2018 at 4:25 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
It's all the countries where AY flies to, so one in China, one in Japan and one in Thailand would suffice. Having said that, my full house would still need Vietnam and India - absolutely no way that I would fly two needless longhauls for just an extra 8k points. NO incentive for me at all.

Add to this my hurdles that would require me spending points on things I get for free as Plat - well, "meh" would be an overstatement.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
It's all the countries where AY flies to, so one in China, one in Japan and one in Thailand would suffice. Having said that, my full house would still need Vietnam and India - absolutely no way that I would fly two needless longhauls for just an extra 8k points. NO incentive for me at all.

Add to this my hurdles that would require me spending points on things I get for free as Plat - well, "meh" would be an overstatement.
Yea, true, just the countries, but as you said, the point still stands. No incentive at all.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:29 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Doesn't this remind about Finnair birthday (or whatever) promo, where you'd get a tonne of points for flying to all asian destinations during the anniversary year?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The newest tier quiz involves a very tricky question:
"If you don't have enough tier points, can you convert award points into tier points?"
The alternatives for the answers are:
"No"
"Yes, 10 000 award points converts into 30 000 tier points"

I thought it was a trick question!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by lkrt
"Yes, 10 000 award points converts into 30 000 tier points"
That would be a fantastic improvement. Maybe they know more than we do.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
hahah�� , exchanging 600k tier points right now.
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Clydez
hahah�� , exchanging 600k tier points right now.
yeah, my 300k makes me 900 000 tier points now, so I guess I can start drinking Lumo now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.