Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Is Finnair.com getting more and more "unstable"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Finnair.com getting more and more "unstable"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:35 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Question Is Finnair.com getting more and more "unstable"

Not sure if it's just me, but the Finnair site seems to get more and more unstable and when I try and retrieve my bookings I'm spending longer time looking at

than my actual bookings (if they even appear).

Same when trying to get the fare calculator to spit out a value (ht ot mis, but at home and/or at work on different Mac's / Pc's).

Whilst on the subject, the iPhone app idea is actually very good but not very stable. Sometimes one is told the added booking id is in valid and 5 min later it's added.

The iPad version is an utter waste of 1's and 0's full stop!
FFlash and manywhere like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
+1 completely agree. I never made a big noise out of this but always just thought that it is perhaps only me as IT beginner, but maybe not. I have seen so much better and stable websites elsewhere. However, I accept to be wrong here
Cupart likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:37 am

I suspect we are soon about to see a new website. Or at least a updated one. The other night I saw a side layout that I've never seen before. However, I can't "duplicate" my sightings so I assume they were testing something temporary.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:13 am

For me, the my bookings page seems to be completely reloaded two times -- not by me but the website --, first attempt loading, after a while a complete reload and after another while a complete reload. Previously I only seen it reload once before starting to show my bookings. Something has definitely changed. Wonder if Plats get access to beta site first?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The blue dots of death - really hate them. And of course the site is totally unresponsive, even though it seems that it's loaded.

When are they going to employ someone who actually test their website?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
This sort of problem has been affecting me for months and months. I can't really say if it got worse recently.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
When I get the blue dots, reloading the page seems to be the magic trick for me. Works nearly every time.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:23 pm

Finnair has always had a subpar website, dating back at least 15 years.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:06 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
The blue dots of death - really hate them. And of course the site is totally unresponsive, even though it seems that it's loaded.

When are they going to employ someone who actually test their website?
Originally Posted by Courmisch
This sort of problem has been affecting me for months and months. I can't really say if it got worse recently.
I too have hade issues with the site for months now. Blue dots of death are common, but can sometimes be fixed with a page reload.
It might be that the site is getting slightly worse with each iteration, but as it is beyond usable as it is, I try to stay away as much as possible.
(BTW, do note that the much hated SK web finally has been fixed and you can easily buy tickets directly from SAS. Not a thing you can accuse finnair of...)

Originally Posted by manywhere
For me, the my bookings page seems to be completely reloaded two times -- not by me but the website --, first attempt loading, after a while a complete reload and after another while a complete reload. Previously I only seen it reload once before starting to show my bookings. Something has definitely changed. Wonder if Plats get access to beta site first?
It does indeed force a reaload itself, at least two times. For me there also is a script going bananas trying to figure out the screen estate. It takes about 15 seconds for each page to stabilize.

Oh I do love the "mobile first" web development - a great user experience!
Attached Images  
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:55 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
So I guess Finnair have read the post (on their amazing coding abilities of whoever did this) and decided to do a revamp of the AY site based on the FT comments here (Irony is most likely the undertone here)...

Oh wait, some things just never change :-D

Not the end of the world but just annoying as one knows it is possible to get a website up and running without and issues ;-)
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Now I am not able to sign in at all. In the morning sign in still worked. It takes a long thing before anything happens.. ...sign in page... ...redirecting... ....then:

Virhe

Tapahtui järjestelmävirhe. Yritä uudelleen. (3006) (3006)
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
I’ve had that most of the time since last weekend.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
What a mess at the moment ... seems like some serious IT problems, as Finnair's Twitter account is directing users to their beta site at https://beta.finnair.com/fi-en

Anyhow, at least now we know what the new design looks like.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by HELboy

Anyhow, at least now we know what the new design looks like.
I hate when they utilise the damn "hamburger menu" on a desktop version of a site...
intuition and HELboy like this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Finnair admits issues via twitter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.