Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Seeing this, I would expect AY to introduce the requirement of points/segments earned onboard AY to lower tiers as well. No more AY status to those flying on cheap AA tickets.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I'm glad I started this season with segment strategy,
Are you going for 150 segments?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005
94 already booked/flown so I cant stop here.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:20 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Intrestingly enough it says in the segment meter that 100/150 segments must be AY

Now what will count as an AY flight, both metal and code or just one or the other is enough?
My guess is the code = ticketing/marketing carrier needs to be AY.
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
Why not.
Last time I run by segments, I got the 92 threshold and also covered 50 SK flights
For me that is possible of work trip load is high and then some mass tourism, MR to top off missing legs. Doable but then it will be ver heavy year travelling, losing on other parts of life if one has got life
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat

My guess is the code = ticketing/marketing carrier needs to be AY.
My guess too, but BA honors metal-only so that's not entirely impossible as well.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:28 am

Any insight yet what will they offer for Lumos?! People are talking about booking segment runs like headless chickens but do we know what awaits at the finish line? 😁
ffay005, Steve_Hun and Tapio like this.

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
So.... who's with me for the "cheap J challenge"? No idea how to do it yet, but have to start searching for lh+lh ticket combinations. Unless of course the benefits turn out to be crap.
NoWindowSeat and Tapio like this.

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
My guess too, but BA honors metal-only so that's not entirely impossible as well.
True but their network coverage by own metal is in a different league.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by cistavoda
So.... who's with me for the "cheap J challenge"? No idea how to do it yet, but have to start searching for lh+lh ticket combinations. Unless of course the benefits turn out to be crap.
I'm doing my research on this.. just as a contingency plan and a mental exercise!

... until it's all ticketed.
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Any insight yet what will they offer for Lumos?! People are talking about booking segment runs like headless chickens but do we know what awaits at the finish line? 😁
Best post in the thread so far!

It is just that...
this is how FT'ers work!

So.... who's with me for the "cheap J challenge"? ....
Sure, count me in. Needs to be same-day returns.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
So my cunning plan is to take my wife to NYC for a nice long weekend e.g. departure from HEL to JFK on Mar 14th and return 18th, of course in Y with modest 600 EUR return. Though I need to do some "business" during the stay, but she understand it as she will be busy with shopping and sightseeing.

Business will be real J business (~2300 €) as target is head back to HEL with the same plane arrived, then modest 11 hrs layover in HEL in Mar 15th and then evening connection to DEL. Of course same plane return to HEL on Fri 16th. Then a nice 23hrs layover in HEL and back to JFK on Saturday evening. Then a relaxing evening at NYC and late brunch on Sunday before heading back home after a relaxing long weekend in the big apple (with 100 k tier points).

Hey - I start to learn this game!
cistavoda and jmmi like this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Tapio
So my cunning plan is to take my wife to NYC for a nice long weekend e.g. departure from HEL to JFK on Mar 14th and return 18th, of course in Y with modest 600 EUR return. Though I need to do some "business" during the stay, but she understand it as she will be busy with shopping and sightseeing.

Business will be real J business (~2300 €) as target is head back to HEL with the same plane arrived, then modest 11 hrs layover in HEL in Mar 15th and then evening connection to DEL. Of course same plane return to HEL on Fri 16th. Then a nice 23hrs layover in HEL and back to JFK on Saturday evening. Then a relaxing evening at NYC and late brunch on Sunday before heading back home after a relaxing long weekend in the big apple (with 100 k tier points).

Hey - I start to learn this game!
Grreat business concept! One package for one season and there you are!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:56 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I find it interesting that they triple the plat points requirement, but only doubled the plat segment requirement. They clearly want to hand out a few lumo card to segment runner!

Another interesting angle of the relative tier levels is:
Stay at lumo level for 10 years and you have your LT plat.
Stay at plat lever for 10 years, and you have nothing. You need 20 years as plat to secure a LT gold.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by intuition
I find it interesting that they triple the plat points requirement, but only doubled the plat segment requirement. They clearly want to hand out a few lumo card to segment runner!
They've clearly had OH-LGG in mind. Fly 50 weekends ARN-HEL-PRG-HEL = 150 segments and he will even have time for a two-week mass tourism trip to BKK before it starts all over again ^

Originally Posted by intuition
Another interesting angle of the relative tier levels is:
Stay at lumo level for 10 years and you have your LT plat.
Stay at plat lever for 10 years, and you have nothing. You need 20 years as plat to secure a LT gold.
My guess is they've never even thought of these...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.