Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: AY+ Silver
Originally Posted by FFlash
They promised more news in April, so they have a week to go still..
I was thinking exactly the same. When asking the CS about it few days ago, they just said more info will be visible on the website at some point... Wait and see
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
The website was down last night for updates, but I have not seen any enhancements yet...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: AY+ Silver
Hannamari from the chat told me
It is the date now but it can be changed still
When I asked: "Also, it was said that the Finnair Plus program will have improvements in April, do you have an exact date for that, as it is already the 24th? :-)"
And she added the following when asking if it would be in May or June:
Unfortunately we cannot say exact date but please follow our website
Old May 1, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: AY LUMO
More information is coming in April – stay tuned!
This must be April 2019 then. Or April fool.
AhogZ, SPBanker, esledo and 3 others like this.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
Ok, Lumo can have 4 guests to the lounge on AY flights. If one is travelling on a non-OW airline, is the lounge invitation personal or can there be 4 guests as well? (Talking strictly about HEL lounges)
Do Lumos get arrival lounge access?
Old May 3, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Based on today's Helsingin Sanomat magazine Finnair will install onboard wifi capability during this summer for all planes in the European Airbus fleet. I hope they will keep it complementary for Platinum members.
https://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005664526.html (in Finnish)
Old May 6, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by lkrt
Ok, Lumo can have 4 guests to the lounge on AY flights. If one is travelling on a non-OW airline, is the lounge invitation personal or can there be 4 guests as well? (Talking strictly about HEL lounges)
Do Lumos get arrival lounge access?
Wondered the same thing. It also says the four guests must travel on the same flight as the Lumo, so if the guests are on separate flights will they be denied access_ While it's not published, I believe it's a YMMV situation with arrival access.

With SK, Gold gets access arriving on intercontinental flights, while Diamond gets access with any flight. This is something I really value so it would be a nice perk.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:36 am

Now something came up.

LOWER POINT PRICES FOR FINNAIR AWARD FLIGHTS

From 4 June, we’re making it easier for you to reach your dream reward by lowering all Finnair award flight prices. Get the best point price by booking online: flights in the Nordics will be available for 15,000 points, flights to Europe, Dubai and Tel Aviv for 30,000 points and intercontinental award flights to Asia and North America for 90,000 award points.* The award points prices will be the same for all members, including Finnair Plus Junior members.

INTRODUCING FINNAIR PLUS TIERS TO JUNIOR MEMBERS
From June onwards, Finnair Plus Junior members can earn tiers just like regular Finnair Plus members and get the same great tier benefits. Junior membership automatically updates to a regular Finnair Plus membership when the member turns 18.

COMING SOON:
FINNAIR PLUS FAMILY&FRIENDS

With Finnair Plus Family&Friends, we will make it easier for families and friends to collect award points together and to reach their dream travel destinations.

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/finnair-plus-renewals
Old May 24, 2018, 8:37 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Good news for juniors and later also for friends and families... email just arrived.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:41 am

Just ordered couple days ago long haul award for Junior 62.500 points so this is not improvement. Now it wil be 90.000 points.

It was almost the best award where can use award points.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:51 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
Just ordered couple days ago long haul award for Junior 62.500 points so this is not improvement. Now it wil be 90.000 points.

Award flights may not be the best way to get maximum out of AY points... And soon the juniors will grow up anyway.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:57 am

These "improvements" are mostly for those who fly 1-2 times in a year.

This looks like AY is fighting against DY U2 FR etc. and trying to please travellers who are flying to European cities for a weekend once or twice a year.

Hey, My dream destination is ARN. Who wants to collect award points with me so we can execute our dream.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
These "improvements" are mostly for those who fly 1-2 times in a year.

This looks like AY is fighting against DY U2 FR etc. and trying to please travellers who are flying to European cities for a weekend once or twice a year.

Hey, My dream destination is ARN. Who wants to collect award points with me so we can execute our dream.
From my own experience those campaign fares earn nearly nothing. I managed back in the days with 24 flights (50% Nordics, 50% Europe) not even 10k. A long way to go with those fares.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
So from June onwards also Juniors can become Lumos!
Old May 24, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK

Confusing letter. Click on junior pages and still it says there: 50% discount for jr awards

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.