Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair Plus will get ”fantastic new improvements”

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:34 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tsastor
Haha! Anyone else remember when GOLD was the highest tier? At that time Golds had this benefit IIRC.
Sure we old farts remember..didnt Plat only come after OW membership in 1999...something like that..?

My first AY cards had nothing about OW, that I remember for sure.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat

Sure we old farts remember..didnt Plat only come after OW membership in 1999...something like that..?

Finnair Plus Cards and Benefits
Internet Wayback machine, besides showing photos of retro AY Plus cards, tells tells the following story:
On September 1, 1999 Finnair joined the oneworld™ airline alliance. This greatly expands members' benefits and offers you an even wider and more flexible flight network.
oneworld brings with it a change in award levels; the three-tier program is now four-tier: above the former Plus, Silver and Gold tiers is the Finnair Plus Platinum tier. And you can collect Plus points on oneworld airlines flights. oneworld points are also accumulated to your tier points.
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat

That is correct. I remember that I got my Platinum card in December 1999. Just when Finnair became member of the OWA. I was Gold and as I had the points to meet the Platinum requirements I was Platinum from day one. Personal meeting and Rimowa carryon...

Still using the original Rimowa sometimes and the travel wallet I received as a welcome gift as well...
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:26 pm
R2

I also got my first Plat card back then. Remember how for several years they offered to deliver the new Plat card in person. If they are smart they will do the same for Lumos now. I also have a few Rimowas left, most of which are broken and I never use them anymore anyway, never liked hardshell suitcases much.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Aviating
That is correct. I remember that I got my Platinum card in December 1999. Just when Finnair became member of the OWA. I was Gold and as I had the points to meet the Platinum requirements I was Platinum from day one. Personal meeting and Rimowa carryon...

Still using the original Rimowa sometimes and the travel wallet I received as a welcome gift as well...
I got my first plat in the 2000s but they still did the personal delivery, that was a nice touch. Rimowas where delivered by courier in those times, however.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Lumo PDF Tier Guide says Lumo member can upgrade friends too :
Travel class upgrades for friends and family requires fewer points
https://www.finnair.com/go/2018.2-14...asoOpas_EN.pdf

when rules on AY site says:
You can upgrade up to three family members from Economy Class to Business Class with your points to join you, when you have bought a Business Class ticket. The point charge for an intercontinental return flight is 50,000 points per person, and 10,000 points per person for return flights within Europe.
https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/finnai.../platinum-lumo
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:41 pm

Deleted
Old Feb 4, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum

Interesting... apparently I can check 5 bags for free. This won’t help on this trip, but next time I travel with all of my SCUBA gear, it will be nice. Still doesn’t specifically mention that I can take overweight bags but in practice up to 32kg has only been a problem once or twice.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by napapiiri

Interesting... apparently I can check 5 bags for free. This won’t help on this trip, but next time I travel with all of my SCUBA gear, it will be nice. Still doesn’t specifically mention that I can take overweight bags but in practice up to 32kg has only been a problem once or twice.

On occasion I have been know to travel with 5 bags 😂 since I travel mostly in premium Y it is very useful to get 4-5 bags. With ba/AY over weight is not an issue for elites but with SK it seems to be 23kg only.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
On occasion I have been know to travel with 5 bags 😂 since I travel mostly in premium Y it is very useful to get 4-5 bags. With ba/AY over weight is not an issue for elites but with SK it seems to be 23kg only.
Any good hints how to survive with 5 bags alone in VR/public transportation? Even 3 big bags is quite bothersome (even if you make a train).
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:53 am
odo

Still doesn’t specifically mention that I can take overweight bags but in practice up to 32kg has only been a problem once or twice.
Technically, the allowance is not 32kg per se, it's just that heavy baggage fee is waived for Platinum/Emerald members.

Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by reflektia
Any good hints how to survive with 5 bags alone in VR/public transportation? Even 3 big bags is quite bothersome (even if you make a train).
Sure! Since I sllways go to the airport using trains

I have 1 tatonka barrel that doubles as a backpack

The four rollers that I combine on the handles with a 1€ strap from wish and my carry on is strapped to the last big bag its quite comical when even Japanese tourists point at me

To be fair I only have 5 bags COMING back from the states going over I usually have 2 as I pack the other bags inside

Use the whee chair door to enter the train and if you are going to the main station then pick The first unit so you will be closest to the station!

Of course this advise works best for insane people who bring tons of American food that is super expensive here

A cab works well if only going to Helsinki, but I live in the boonies 😎
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by odo
Technically, the allowance is not 32kg per se, it's just that heavy baggage fee is waived for Platinum/Emerald members.

So in reality its 32kg then 😂😂 ba uses the same type of message. With ba my whole family gets the extra bags which is useful as they allow us 20 bags then 😂 but only mine get the to be heavy 😎
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:01 am

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by reflektia
I can manage 4 large rolling bags alone without much trouble as long as they all have 4 wheels. Turn 2 bags back to back, grab both handles with one hand, and it rolls like one unit. I am not a large person at all and I have managed 4 big bags plus a backpack on VR/public transit like this many times. Loading the bags onto the bus can be hankala, but never found it to be unmanageable.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus

Interestingly, I have the same allocation as a lowly Gold

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.