Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

"We can handle any type of Weather" on welcome video

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum

I found this quite ironic on a recent flight after suffering a cancellation due to snow. Perhaps they ought to edit the video to remove it, especially as it has the cabin crew member blowing away the snow.

Speaking of misleading they should also stop advertising the 'short route to Asia' to people outside of Finland - compare the amount of time it takes with BA and others doing direct routes to the total travel time of Finnair via AY. Seems to me they are trying to use marketing to get the price creeping up, rather than being lower to take the connection into consideration.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
Of course a direct flight is faster. Their ads focus on people who don't live right next to Heathrow, and are not misleading.

I agree with you about the weather ad, though. It's stupid to make promises you can't keep. If you're going to make that statement in an ad, you'd better be damn sure that weather is *never* a problem. Your customers will stop believing you otherwise, even if you're 99% right.

That said, afaik the problems this week weren't just due to the snow. I heard that they were restricted to using a single runway due to unfortunate winds. Add snow to that, and there's not much room for error anymore.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
HEL going to one runway operations is nothing new during heavy snowfall.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
Really? But this time seemed to be much worse than before. Maybe the issue was that they were using 15/33 rather than 04R/22L. Or then it was something else. Still, I feel that this wasn't normal.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Speaking of misleading they should also stop advertising the 'short route to Asia' to people outside of Finland - compare the amount of time it takes with BA and others doing direct routes to the total travel time of Finnair via AY. Seems to me they are trying to use marketing to get the price creeping up, rather than being lower to take the connection into consideration.
Yes, please do compare Edinburgh-Osaka with BA vs AY. Or while you are at it Manchester-Fukuoka.

As for the prices - also do a comparison LHR-NRT with BA vs with AY.
NoWindowSeat and Cupart like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.