Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY + AF/KL ticketing alternatives?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:55 am
TTL
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
AY + AF/KL ticketing alternatives?

There are 6 daily connections between HEL and AMS. My problem is that I need a domestic legs along almost every time and AF codeshares those with AY.
If I try either of the booking engines of AF or KL I only get alternatives flying via CDG. I would like to fly KUO-HEL-AMS either with KL or AF tickets all the way and on single PNR. Where to get them from? SMT offers those in AF quota for €1400 return in economy. Could also consider FlyingBlue in the near future as only 60 qualifying segments are needed for platinum. And there would be 6 segments with every trip of mine once monthly. Maybe you can also guess why I traveled to London every so often earlier.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Eh, just today, my boss was just mentioning about one of his male relative moving working at Finnish medical agency. Allegedly, he was pissed by the move to KUO
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
AirFrance and KLM are effectively totally separate entities at HEL. They only share ticketing agents and the (Aspire) lounge.

I don't think it's possible to combine KL HEL<>AMS with AF/AY domestic (except on YY). You can combine KL with AY domestic with, e.g. Kiwi.com, but it is an aggregate of one-way fares, so uneconomical.

The AF codes on AY domestic are only for connections to/from CDG (or beyond). Likewise the AY codes on AF domestic to/from HEL.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by TTL
Could also consider FlyingBlue in the near future as only 60 qualifying segments are needed for platinum. And there would be 6 segments with every trip of mine once monthly.
Be aware that FB is set to change at beginning of April. No more segments, no more level miles, just XP. And you will have to work your way up with a reset of your XP when you reach a higher status.
Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:39 am
TTL
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Thanks for useful info! Seems that AY gets my business also in the future.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Talking

Originally Posted by TTL
Maybe you can also guess why I traveled to London every so often earlier.
Welcome to baltic herring club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.