Finnair Carry on Baggage allowance

Old Dec 5, 18, 3:10 pm

Programs: Got a K-Plussa black! S-card remains green :D
Originally Posted by ffay005 View Post
Well, I do hope they take after US carriers here, boarding strictly by group numbers and refusing carry-ons after the bins fill up, thus minimizing the effect to status pax.

I wouldn't be a very happy Platinum passenger if they take my within-the-limits bag from me and let some Group 9 pax take their kitchen sink with them.
Yeah. Funniedt ever so far happened to me checking in for BP at BCN and they insisted to put that idiotic yellow tag on my ONLY carryon of 20/40/50 size and, I was in J!! I tried to explain that they are acting silly for a J traveller with only one small bag. But I saw they were stupid clearly not getting it and just kept telling me ”you have to put it under the seat in front of you.” I had row 1
I finally ignored and just boarded. Lucky me they did not force my bag to cargo
Old Dec 5, 18, 3:22 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, A3*G, 1865 Voyager, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD
First of all, I would change the carry-on requirements ...
I absolutely agree, especially since they are quoting the need to lower the number of bags onboard. J, platinm and gold are allowed 2 full-size and one half-size bag (personal item is up to a 40x30x15 bag!!). And you can probably bring a laptop-bag and a tote bag along without anyone objecting.

Allowance could be 1 PC for econ, perhaps 10KG limit, 1PC + "1 personal item" for J and status, perhaps even 23kg limit.
Police that allowance like a LCC does and I think there would be very few problems with

Secondly, police those J bins. I actually don't see that as a problem in real life – I can't remember people putting their stuff there unless they are among the last to board and CC instruct them to do so. Have you witnessed it on a regular basis?
Policing is done very occasionally. The policing is only that some FA closes the lids during boarding so they are not inviting.
But mostly FA think they should give away the space to anyone as that "makes the boarding smoother".

The "dump and head for exit row by entitled status pax" I've seen on a few occasions the last 2 years. So not on a regular basis, but it happens. FA soliciting the space to anyone is actually more frequent. I'd say that happens on 25-50% of flights - I notice it because I actually board pretty early and can see whose bags goes where.

Thirdly (and this is impossible, I know) create proper gate areas at HEL ...
Exactly!
Old Dec 6, 18, 9:24 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post

Yeah. Funniedt ever so far happened to me checking in for BP at BCN and they insisted to put that idiotic yellow tag on my ONLY carryon of 20/40/50 size and, I was in J!! I tried to explain that they are acting silly for a J traveller with only one small bag.
I had a similar experience at a different outstation, but I had an exit seat. I told them that it doesn't make any sense since you are not allowed to put baggage there. What I got as an answer was that this is true, but they need to tag all smaller carry-on. No exception.
esledo likes this.
Old Dec 7, 18, 12:28 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum
Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
I had a similar experience at a different outstation, but I had an exit seat. I told them that it doesn't make any sense since you are not allowed to put baggage there. What I got as an answer was that this is true, but they need to tag all smaller carry-on. No exception.
For once, it seems that in BUD they were the reasonable one Told the guy that I'm sitting in exit row, so no floor stowage, so he agreed not to tag my carry on.
Old Dec 9, 18, 9:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum, AA, BA, SK, DL + hotels
Even in A350 J, pax struggle to find room for bags. Both on HEL-DXB and DXB-HEL. Only ten full size lockers available for 32 pax since two of the twelve lockers are filled with CC equipment. And two of those ten lockers are semi-filled with extra pillows and blankets.

Wouldn’t it make sense to install overhead bins above the center seats, too, even if the cabin becomes less airy after that?
Old Dec 12, 18, 4:46 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Accor Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post

Yeah. Funniedt ever so far happened to me checking in for BP at BCN and they insisted to put that idiotic yellow tag on my ONLY carryon of 20/40/50 size and, I was in J!! I tried to explain that they are acting silly for a J traveller with only one small bag. But I saw they were stupid clearly not getting it and just kept telling me ”you have to put it under the seat in front of you.” I had row 1
I finally ignored and just boarded. Lucky me they did not force my bag to cargo
Exactly the same happened to me the other day at BRU. Seat 1A... What’s wrong with those people!?