Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New Finnair Holidays -more tier points available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO

AY just launched new Finnair Holidays.

It's a packet with flights and hotel in destination.

For every 1€ spent 3 tier and award points earned.

https://holidays.finnair.com/fi-en/

Earning points
‘Traveller number 1’ in the booking will earn Finnair Plus points (award/tier) for the Finnair Holidays trip. The number of points will be calculated based on the total price at the time of departure (excl. credit card fees and service charges). Points earned for the trip will be added to ‘traveller number 1’ Finnair Plus account within 2–3 weeks of the return date. Other members travelling in the booking will earn Finnair Plus points for flights according to Finnair Plus terms and conditions.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
AY just launched new Finnair Holidays.

It's a packet with flights and hotel in destination.

For every 1€ spent 3 tier and award points earned.

https://holidays.finnair.com/fi-en/
Interesting, might have to take a closer look at how Finnair Holidays prices compares to buying flights+hotel separately.

Strangely for example my next holiday destination Hamburg was not on the list at all, and I couldn't find a way to choose business class flights either.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:31 am
Original Poster

I cant find any details is traveller#1 earning also normal award and tier points based on flight and then Holiday points added.

Or, is that total what traveller #1 earns. Like 3 nights in BKK cheapest hotel gives 1929 points (award and tier) with 643€ used.
If this is all, these Holidays are useless and 100 % höpöhöpö.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
This is really great! Now people only need to spend 1,67 MEUR to reach lifetime platinum!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
This must be the Aurinkomatkat back end in disguise. Good idea to offer these services to foreigners too.

However, if you don't earn regular points for the tickets, this might be the first step towards a disaster... (On the other hand, some of those prices are so cheap that it might not be part of a bigger move, but just a way to get the cost down even more)
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by heatsink
Good idea to offer these services to foreigners too.
At least at the moment departures from only Finnish airports are available.

Like OH-LGG said, if traveller #1 doesn't earn any points for the flights this is completely useless (and the text is written so that it seems to be the case).
Old Jun 29, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AY+, BAEC
For me it seems like every passenger gets the normal points for the flight and passenger #1 gets 3 tier + award points for every euro spent on Finnair Holidays excluding credit card fees and service charges. I wonder will you get even more points if you pay it with Finnair DC/Amex/Finnair MC Would be quite nice amount of points.

Finnair FAQ:

Saanko Finnair Plus -pisteitä koko Finnair Holidays -matkasta?

Kyllä, matkan yhteyshenkilö, joka on myös varauksen ensimmäinen matkustaja, saa jokaisesta Finnair Holidays -matkaan käytetystä eurosta kolme Finnair Plus -taso- ja palkintopistettä. Kolme Finnair Plus -taso- ja palkintopistettä myönnetään 31.1.2018 mennessä tehdyistä Finnair Holidays -matkavarauksista.

Finnair Holidays -matkasta myönnetyt pisteet lasketaan matkan kokonaishinnasta, pois lukien maksutapa- ja palvelumaksut. Pisteet matkasta lisätään ensimmäisen matkustajan (matkustaja numero 1) Finnair Plus tilille 2-3 viikon kuluessa matkan jälkeen. Finnair Holidays -matkan pisteet lisätään Finnair Plus -tilille lähtöpäivän tapahtumapäivämäärällä. Finnairin ja oneworld-yhtiöiden lennoista kertyvät pisteet myönnetään jokaisen matkustajan henkilökohtaiselle Finnair Plus -jäsentilille Finnair Plus -sääntöjen mukaisesti https://www.finnair.com/fi/fi/finnai...air-plus/rules.

Do I earn Finnair Plus points for the whole Finnair Holidays trip?

Yes, the trip’s contact person, who is also the first passenger in the reservation, earns three Finnair Plus award and tier points per each euro used to pay for a Finnair Holidays trip. Three Finnair Plus award and tier points are awarded for reservations made by 31 January 2018.

The number of points earned is calculated based on the total price of the Finnair Holidays trip, excluding credit card fees and service charges. Points earned for the trip will be added to the first passenger’s (passenger number 1 in the reservation) Finnair Plus account within 2–3 weeks of the return date. The departure date is marked as the transaction date for adding points earned for Finnair Holidays to the Finnair Plus account. Points earned for Finnair and oneworld airlines’ flights are awarded to each passenger’s personal Finnair Plus account according to Finnair’s Finnair Plus rules https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/finnai...at-is-finnair- plus/rules.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
These trips wouldn't earn hotel credits and on-property status benefits (breakfast, lounge, etc) - just another thing to consider.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
One thing the site won't tell us is the Y booking class, so apparently there is no way to know whether you earn 25 / 50 / 100 % points.

Last edited by ffay005; Jun 29, 2017 at 6:00 pm
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by ffay005
One thing the site won't tell us is the Y booking class, so apparently there is no way to know whether you earn 25 / 50 / 100 % points.
I got the survey from AY late last year where they asked would I be interested in a concept named "Finnair Holidays" where on top of my normal points earning I would get 3 tier points per 1€ spent on airfare and hotels so I think it's on top of the normal points earning from flights.

Basically in the survey they asked me what I think of current Aurinkomatkat and other tour operators offerings and would this kind of concept attract me to book airfare/hotel from the same place instead of shopping separately.

You can see travel class a "Tour operator notes" on booking page. I tried a dummy booking to BKK and class was Z/R, but it didn't specify ticket type.

I think this is a good idea, and by the first look prices seem quite good (for example in Dec 2017 1 week in BKK from TKU with hotel 780€) but of course not directly directed for us mileage junkies

Bring a possibility to choose your ticket type, allow open jaws, multiple cities, ex-ARN etc and we're sold!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The concept reminds me of BA Holidays, where one earns higher amount of Avios.

Do we need to book hotel for the whole trip or can we do it for only part of it? E.g tix for 1 month in TH, but I only need 3 night in BKK.

BTW, what about flexibility? Change/cancel/name change -> the latter might be interesting for actual holidays, let's say granny couldn't make it but auntie could join.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I called Finnair Holidays customer service to find out about the points accrual.

All passengers get points for the flights, also traveller 1.

At the moment the ticket type is always Value. Later they might have campaigns with Campaign ticket type.

These do make Finnair Holidays quite lucrative, although it has some limitations (like having to book a hotel for the entire trip).
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by r2d2
I called Finnair Holidays customer service to find out about the points accrual.

All passengers get points for the flights, also traveller 1.

At the moment the ticket type is always Value. Later they might have campaigns with Campaign ticket type.
Great, thanxs!

So if that is true these holidays are worth of something. But of course before action, I want to see the rules is it really Value and 100%.

But how is it with NA (JV) destinations? What kind of ticket is that?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:06 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Interesting concept: One can buy a trip to Ko Chang, including flights only to BKK (distance 6-7hrs by road + ferry). But one can´t buy a trip to Kuala Lumpur.

Is it only for flights operated by AY or by AY+ JV then?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Okay, Value tickets, good prices, extra tier points. Sounds almost too good to be true. My advice would be to book now before they start "enhancing" this.

My American and Asian trips usually involve more than one destination, and unfortunately the concept is not really suitable for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.