Wiki Posts
Search

AY IT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by FFlash
+1 here. I had to call in. Frustrating.
On the Finland English pages, voucher purchases work. Just don't select any extras, not even free ones. To be sure, I did not input my FF# while booking.

I would expect that works on the Suomen suomeksi sivut as well, but I admit that I have not tried.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I go crazy now. Every freaking time logging in and doing something, not a single visit that has been flawless. Now a new piece of EDITED again, I am trying to select seats on my reservation and the page just stops circulating with a message "Ladataan....odota hetki" i.e. "Uploading...wait a moment"
EDITED....

Last edited by FFlash; Nov 8, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
The Finnair Chat on the web page is just odd.

Many times the Chat button just appears and annoys.

When you need it, it is not there and you just need to wait that it appears.

Why can't you have it always available in a certain location on the web page?
ffay005 and FFlash like this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Yeah, they say the chat is shown when a person is available to help you but it seems odd. Why not show it always and then tell the customer that ”we have n minutes’ wait”. It’s annoying to refresh just to see the chat available, therefore I use either Twitter DM’s or Plat email.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:03 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I think it is designed to be annoying on purpose. It employs the exact same tactics as "1 gazillion people booked this hotelroom last hour". It is designed to break your concentration and make you stay longer on the page in order to build up your engagement or whatever.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:13 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by Aviating
The Finnair Chat on the web page is just odd.

Many times the Chat button just appears and annoys.

When you need it, it is not there and you just need to wait that it appears.

Why can't you have it always available in a certain location on the web page?
It's probably the most idiotically designed CS Chat I've ever used (from the customer's point-of-view obviously, who knows it might work for Finnair).

One potential trick: when using a mobile browser to access the chat, (due to probably browser system limitations) the chat opens in a new tab. The new tab gives you an URL. I recall working myself to the chat once or twice by using the URL directly. You still have to wait until agents become available (idiotic!), but at least you don't have to play hide and seek with the chat button in the first place.
LoungeEnthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:20 am
R2

The big issue with the chat function - if/when you actually get to chat with an AY CSR - is that they can not really do much for you. Most requests related to new or existing bookings they always ask me to call in as they can not do this or that on the chat for whatever reason.
cistavoda likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:28 am

Looks like Finnair may be replacing the desktop websites again with the previously introduced mobile theme. My normal HK site now looks like this. Stumbled upon this while searching for award flights (for which the booking engine forces you back to the old site). But one of the biggest PITAs seems to have been fixed, so far the site hasn't logged me out at all, and it's been > 1 hour, with completely exiting and closing in between As far as design goes, I'm hoping this is not the final layout. A bit too much white space and light features for my taste.

New AY site?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by SuloL
Looks like Finnair may be replacing the desktop websites again with the previously introduced mobile theme. My normal HK site now looks like this.
AFAICT, the mobile version does not support multi-city and awards, so I sure hope they fix those gaps first...
remymartin and SuloL like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Courmisch
AFAICT, the mobile version does not support multi-city and awards, so I sure hope they fix those gaps first...
That's right, only simple returns and one-ways work with the new version. I actually had a hard time getting my awards booked, as the site would not initially redirect me back to the normal booking engine.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Has anybody else had problems searching for flights on the Finnair website? I've gotten the "Virhe tietoja lähettäessä" (error when sending data) message for weeks now. I can replicate the error when using Firefox and Chrome on macOS both at home and work.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by HELboy
Has anybody else had problems searching for flights on the Finnair website? I've gotten the "Virhe tietoja lähettäessä" (error when sending data) message for weeks now. I can replicate the error when using Firefox and Chrome on macOS both at home and work.
Yes. Seems to happen probably 75% of the time for me. Using Chrome & Safari on macOS. More often than not, usual fixes like page reloads, private modes etc. don't seem to work at all.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:03 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes. It is like the 90's - you can use any browser you like as long as it is explorer on windos. (sic)
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by intuition
Yes. It is like the 90's - you can use any browser you like as long as it is explorer on windos. (sic)
Exactly, and it's been like that for a while now. I have given up using Firefox for anything on finnair.com, sometimes Chrome works but not always, Exploder seems to be the only working browser for finnair.com. Extremely poor web design from Finnair.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by HELboy
It seems that the bot check is usually causing this for me. If I refresh the page I’ll get the bot check which is quite annoying and then I’ll have to start over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.