Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY IT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 4:12 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by intuition
Manage my booking seems to have died today.
Accessing it from my member page or with a deeplink it returns with an empty page.
Typing everything in manually at the MMB page seems to work
It still is out of order. Now I found out why. The link from My bookings fails to include passenger name. Brilliantly.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 23, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by intuition
It still is out of order. Now I found out why. The link from My bookings fails to include passenger name. Brilliantly.
Works fine for me on the Finland/English version of the site...
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:16 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I switched site but same result. So I guess there is something "wrong" with my PNR preventing the code behind MMB from pulling my name.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Might be the "special" letters in your name?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
AY IT again on top of things. First came several times these "General error" messages after feeding pax details

then some weird HTTP errors and now this is what greets the unsuspecting traveller-to-be. Way to go!

(and after a while back to the general error message)

EDIT - it seems that the site showed phantom campaign price availabilities and the whole thing came crashing down when actually wanting to buy it (at least the "yleisvirhe" strongly seems so in retrospect) Very user friendly and informative.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Nov 23, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
and the fun continues...

Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Open-jaw Upgrades

Another IT glitch for upgrades, trying to use the Black Friday campaign to upgrade short-haul segments of open jaw (HKG-HEL-BUD/VIE-HEL-HKG). VIE-HEL shows availability in upgrade checking tool, but MMB gives back an error message "no availability". Suspect this to be because the system might consider it as a return HKG-BUD ticket.

Now trying to sort upgrades via CS chat. Hopefully can get those done, even though this is one of those "online only" upgrade promos.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
A lot of issues lately with AY flights not crediting to BAEC and claiming flights resulting in rejected claims...

This is because the flight details you submitted do not qualify for Avios and Tier Points.
Very annoying BA / AY IT issues...
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Just flew AY flight, bought with CX code and issued in 160 stock. Plat newspaperw were delivered before takeoff and iOS device showed my seat as black so no problem with comp drinks.

Seems that they have fixed most of the issues with codeshares: everything else worked except seat selection on AY leg (it was auto-assigned 1-2 weeks before departure though) and of course when doing the check-in everything available was freely choosable. Don’t know if the problem with AA still exists.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Furry
Just flew AY flight, bought with CX code and issued in 160 stock. Plat newspaperw were delivered before takeoff and iOS device showed my seat as black so no problem with comp drinks.

Seems that they have fixed most of the issues with codeshares: everything else worked except seat selection on AY leg (it was auto-assigned 1-2 weeks before departure though) and of course when doing the check-in everything available was freely choosable. Don’t know if the problem with AA still exists.
It's still an issue on BA codeshares/AY operated flights though.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Don't know if this has been discussed already here, but AY IT was so clever that they designed the usage of gift voucher impossible if any extra services are selected (ie. seats). When extra services selected it won't show the fields to type in your voucher&code at check-out.

We had a good laugh with the Platsku Agent about this
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:25 am

It also seems to be impossible to use vouchers when booking on mobile.
aama likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
Still codeshare seating won´t work. I know the workaround to call in but still. This must be one of longest IT issues that I have seen. And I have seen - usually they get fixed. But while AY has has digitalisation as one of key strategic initiatives they cannot solve basic stuff. Rant over.

Otherwise as OWE life is good in AY economy. Or bearable. In J there is othet options.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, AF Platinum

Secret Lumo benefit of 2 x 400k milestone gifts or AY IT fail?

SPBanker likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
sshhhhhhhh
WilcoRoger likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.