AY IT

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Funny or sad AY IT solutions again:
I wanted to change my seat on 32B. My 1st choice is 10F which is:

-not available via app check-in
-not available via Finnair mobile check-in
-available via Finnair.fi site check-in.
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 2:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
-available via Finnair.fi site check-in.
Isn't that one just an embedded amadeus.com page?
Old May 26, 2018, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Isn't that one just an embedded amadeus.com page?

Looks like

AY Mobile check-in goes same si.amadeus.net
Old May 26, 2018, 6:13 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Maybe the amadeus.net site deliveres an alternative site to mobile visitors, making the app and mobile checkin differ in execution and fail some steps like seat allocation.

Or maybe the desktop version does not respect the imaginary seat block and you will now be in the personal space of a entitled platinum member!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:22 pm

AY booking engine after selecting flights skips direct to passenger details. Now cant see level where was booking codes shown and currency converting made.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Well hidden but at least at step 3 ("pay for extras") You can see booking class, by expanding the bottom-bar with flight details.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:05 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Also visible on payment confirmation page. I had to scroll 4 pages down to see it...
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:19 pm

Yep yep. Again useless IT project how good is now poor.

Where is currency converter?
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Gone, I think.

There is one more major problem. The select flight page displays all flights, even those that can't be combined. I clikced on a outbound got message "select inbound". Selected an inbound, but then outbound selection was cleared and message "select outbound" appered. I did click around many different options and it seems some flight pairs can only be selected as PRO. Even when Light or Value is available on both outbound and inbound, they are not combinable ?!?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
I keep having an issue where I book tickets, get a booking code and 5-10 minutes later a cancellation message saying payment was denied. Paid with an Amex Centurion card and Amex says that Finnair does not even try to charge the card. Finally figured If I use VPN so my IP is same as credit card billing country it works fine. Its confusing to me why they would not even attempt to get payment purely based on IP address being from somewhere else, it pretty common to buy tickets while on the road.... You would think that when you have a ticket that is months away, a passenger that matches a frequent flyer profile and has traveled before using the same card it would be fairly safe to accept payment. Anybody else have this issue? It would not be so bad if they would just decline the card and ask for an other card but they give you a booking record and then after they cancel it there is no other option but to start over just to end up it happening again.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: M&M mainly
[QUOTE=SAN_Finn;29895302]I keep having an issue where I book tickets, get a booking code and 5-10 minutes later a cancellation message saying payment was denied. Paid with an Amex Centurion card and Amex says that Finnair does not even try to charge the card. Finally figured If I use VPN so my IP is same as credit card billing country it works fine. Its confusing to me why they would not even attempt to get payment purely based on IP address being from somewhere else, it pretty common to buy tickets while on the road.... You would think that when you have a ticket that is months away, a passenger that matches a frequent flyer profile and has traveled before using the same card it would be fairly safe to accept payment. Anybody else have this issue? It would not be so bad if they would just decline the card and ask for an other card but they give you a booking record and then after they cancel it there is no other option but to start over just to end up it happening again.[/QUOTE

Since Friday I have been trying to book a ticket, but every time I get the message "we have a problem with a credit card... try use another one". Tried. Nope. Not working for any credit card. Anybody else facing this? Anyway, I will have to call them as also chat disappeared.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

There seems to have been another site update. There is a new log-in page too starting last week, so the CC-issues may have started at the same time.

For me, the log-in and session control is the major issue, being even worse than before (one would think that was impossible, but no).

Now, for every link I click, for every new page loaded, the browser is redirected to log in (https://auth.finnair.com/content/sv/...ORTALPCM_local)
That page flashes briefly, probably discovers that I am logged in and then proceed with another redirect to the page I first wanted to go to.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Now the claim missing points page is also not working.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by aama
Now the claim missing points page is also not working.
Yeah, still not working, unable to choose Qatar from the list. Had to use the Missing-points form.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:09 am
Moderator, Finnair

Today, july 19, I received an email with my account-balance per july. I guess they don't anticipate I will earn any points the last 2 weeks of july. Then again, they didn't include any of the flights from the 2 first weeks of July either...
ffay005 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.