Wiki Posts
Search

AY IT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Any fresh links to multi-city booking?
No I think they broke it. Can't access it anymore from Google Flights either.
It is SO annoying when they take down perfectly fine features (e.g. Upgrade Availability Checker or Point Accrual Calculator) without offering any working alternative. @FinnairPlusPekka - we want to spend our money, but it's being made extremely difficult.
ffay005, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 3:04 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Is this real in 2021? I cant believe it.

I asked CS where I can book multi-city -tickets. Answer was: no possibility and not sure if it's coming back on website. Use chat or call us.

I'm shocked. Is this FINNAIR in 2021 ?????

WHAT IS GOING ON NOW FINNAIR ????????
Old Nov 14, 2021, 3:19 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
"Our customers have expresed a wish for simpler booking. We have already reduced the number of destinations, and thereby made booking simpler as there just isn't much to choose from. Now we take the next step by removing multi-city as it is much easier to travel to only one place. In the future, we plan to remove the complicated process of choosing destination altogether. For example, travellers staring in HEL will only ba able to book flights to OUL, while ARN based travellers will enjoy the choice of HEL as destination. Extensive research have shown us most travellers from these cities only travel to one destination, and so they will have a very easy booking process in the future, all acustomed to their individaul needs."
OH-LGG, jp_fin, FFlash and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 5:40 am

Exactly as I outlined in the thread in which Pekka introduces themselves.
Finnair, do NOT take down features from your old websites without offering a proper working alternative on your new website.

-Point accrual calculator: gone for MONTHS already
-Upgrade availability checker: migrated to new website, but can only check availability when having an active booking
-Multi-city tool: gone for a few days already, no alternative on the new website
-Advance passenger info (API/TSA) for US flights: old 'manage my booking' is gone so cannot add it anymore - only option is via chat or phone

COME ON!!

Last edited by EuroFlash; Nov 14, 2021 at 7:00 am
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Is it still possible to give the US API info during OLCI? I think it used to be.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Oh my dear goodness AY, these aforementioned flaws are crucial for your revenue stream, do we customers really need to point them out to you?!?
Making Buying easy is crucial, and making buying process complicated, let alone flawed , is CATASTROPHIC.
Purjelentaja, Ukki and EuroFlash like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: AY+
Now that we are on the subject of AY making it hard to give them money, a recent flight came into my mind. I got an email offer from AY to upgrade my flight. After clicking the link I got a text warning that at the moment it is not possible to pay for an upgrade. Only points or vouchers can be used to upgrade. This is not that big of an issue for frequent flyers but if AY wants the average customer’s money, they should make it possible to use money. One cannot pay for an upgrade, it is hard to use cards on board as the connecting is unstable.. what else?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:55 am

Everyone should send feedback to AY about all this madness going on.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
AY is a small airline, and my guess is that they've simply decided to use their limited resources towards the products that sell best. Most people buy a return ticket, so that's what they'll sell, and ignore the rest, knowingly losing money in the process. However, it does sound really silly that you stop selling something that you have (had) the resources for. Why would it be a problem to keep the old booking engine running?

Are multicity tickets available via OTAs? (Not that I recommed using an OTA, but...)
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ffay005
Are multicity tickets available via OTAs? (Not that I recommed using an OTA, but...)
Seems to be the case, I tried a multi-city via Google Flights and it gave me several links to OTA's and a link to AY which surprise surprise didn't work.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:21 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by ffay005
... Why would it be a problem to keep the old booking engine running?
I am just guessing, but how about it didn't work with the new cloud-setup?
CDO is leaving by year end and transferring all systems to the cloud seems to have been one of his main obejcts. The've kept the old site alive for a very long time to cover for flaws in the new one. Award bookings was recently moved to the new site, wasn't it? And perhaps someone said "it's time, kill the old site" and these functions *) were collateral damage.

*) not only multi-city, but also the "stopover fucntion" https://web.archive.org/web/20210228...r.com/stopover
It was a "big campaign" done together with visitfinland.com and the link is still live
https://www.visitfinland.com/?utm_so...innairStopover

Not to forgot all the AY+ related stuff missing, like calculator, upgrade search and so on.
ffay005 and OH-LGG like this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by intuition

Not to forgot all the AY+ related stuff missing, like calculator, upgrade search and so on.
Add here timetable and flight list.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: AY+
The support said they plan to bring the multi-city/open-jaw booking back online, but they don't have the exact timeline yet.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by .roger.
The support said they plan to bring the multi-city/open-jaw booking back online, but they don't have the exact timeline yet.
Same they said for the great new features to 'Family & Friends', same they said for the Point Accrual Calculator. I am just SO incredibly frustrated with the terrible IT experience, time after time. Why are they taking away useful features and don't offer any proper alternative. They are losing money, and they're losing it mainly from their most loyal customers. For them it's up for grabs, but it looks like they just don't want it.
Purjelentaja and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Tried the watsapp service first time now (related to the Bags thread) and answer was quick.
Good, but not good. This fact that people say it takes a king size road trip to get through phone, let alone answer for an email, is not well aligned, they answer watsapp in seconds. Makes me think there are kids working who dwell on tiktok and all that and answer people there who happen to ask there.

I thought my sales coach taught me to contact customera always with the channel the customer prefers. But AY makes customers downgrade ourselves to please at AY’s chosen whatever hotline who knows where.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.