Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY IT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Yes. Combos walk over Plats. And it means those rows are real priority rows.

Lets see which boarding group they get.
Now someone at AY hasn't really understood who makes the revenue for them and what customer service and customer loyalty is. For 35€ anyone, even random one time customer, can override Golds and Plats that spent probably thousands of euros a year on their flights! Is there any better way to show how much (or how little!) they appreciate their loyal customers? Obviously value of our business to them is less than 35€

I think there is now time for strong protests, feedback time!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Combo is 11000 points and upgrade 10000 points.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I wonder if the next stage is elimination of Euro-J. Call those first few rows Comfort (it's already called that in the reservation system), get rid of the curtain, sell the seat + boarding + meal for €35 / 11 000 points.

Include the Comfort package in tickets with longhaul connections, and voilà, there you have it.

Moreover, how often have you seen anyone buy the hot meals that you can preorder in Euro-Y now? And they aren't even that expensive. Sure, on Canary Island flights you see them. But rarely on your typical Euro flight.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Okay - this morning I checked in for the AY1337 tomorrow. Was not able to select the first Y row isle seat. Showed up free/paid on expertflyer. After reading this thread I tried again just a couple of minutes ago, and it worked (unfortunately the midseat looked occupied). Maybe they release them at some point.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
Moreover, how often have you seen anyone buy the hot meals that you can preorder in Euro-Y now? And they aren't even that expensive. Sure, on Canary Island flights you see them. But rarely on your typical Euro flight.
I was in same impression as well, until my morning flight in Y to FCO a few weeks ago. There were surprisingly many breakfast trays delivered, I would say tens of those.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 11:52 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by aapee
Okay - this morning I checked in for the AY1337 ...
OMG !one one eleven! Didn't realise the new number series would get us a leet-flight. Now I don't miss AY666 as much anymore.

Sorry for off-topic.
cistavoda and Furry like this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
Originally Posted by aapee
Okay - this morning I checked in for the AY1337 tomorrow. Was not able to select the first Y row isle seat. Showed up free/paid on expertflyer. After reading this thread I tried again just a couple of minutes ago, and it worked (unfortunately the midseat looked occupied). Maybe they release them at some point.
Here is how my seat selection looks now for Sundays HEL-LHR flight. First 2 Y rows are pay-to-sit with meal service.

Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:42 pm

So, that picture shows us that
1) exit rows are still available for free for Plat/Gold, unless of course the curtain is situated right in front of them
2) the 11 000 points seems to be for two segments, so it's 5500 points one way (which makes sense since J upgrade is 10 000)
3) AY misleading info at its best: 140 cm extra space at row 11? – okay, it says jopa, but that clearly indicates another plane type altogether, which I find misleading
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
So is 35EUR for two ways as well?

https://www.finnair.com/fi/fi/inform...pre-order-meal
"Seat and Meal -paketin hinta on 35 € tai 11 000 Finnair Plus -pistettä."

Direct translation
Seat and Meal -package costs 35 € or 11 000 Finnair Plus -points.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Just crossed my mind, that if you purchase the Seat+Meal combo can you select the seat somewhere else than the first 2 rows?

I don't see myself buying this combo unless it is an early bird morning departure with a wake-up at 4AM or similar and lounge is still closed for breakfast. And IF I bought the combo I don't want to be seated just behind the divider curtain, but prefer exit rows or alternatively further back where there is very often more space when people tend to pack into front of Y-cabin.

EDIT: Another, highly potential scenario: A party of 3 people travelling together and one of them will not want to eat nor pay 35€.
Will they be split and not able to reserve seats together and wait until T-X hours if a front row seat is released?

<rant>
Many open questions and until we have definitive answers I am considering this enhancement as garbage, sorry AY!
And not only from Plat/Gold point of view but in wider context.
</rant>

Last edited by ff_flyer; Nov 2, 2017 at 3:29 pm
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
If only AY could focus on real issues instead of these "great new products". My guess is that this one won't last that long.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
For the general public 35€ equals three hot lunches during the week. (9,50-10,50€ seems to be the range for greater Helsinki area lunch restaurants) Or a dinner in many of the holiday destinations in the East and South of Europe. For that you get an airplane meal and a few rows ahead? I don't think it's gonna fly (pun intended)

"Anneli, shall we pay 70€ for an AY meal on our way to BUD or shall we wine and dine for the same money once we landed?"

Once you have heavy LF and the options are to IVDB pax and pay EU261 compensation or put them in the "meal" seats, it's not even a choice for AY. OTOH, Jorma who bought his package will see that Tauno, who did buy nothing sits next to him in the front, will think hard next time whether to invest those 35€.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Once you have heavy LF and the options are to IVDB pax and pay EU261 compensation or put them in the "meal" seats, it's not even a choice for AY. OTOH, Jorma who bought his package will see that Tauno, who did buy nothing sits next to him in the front, will think hard next time whether to invest those 35€.
I don't think it'll work like this. Tauno will just get to sit there, without the meal. It's not like those rows will be a separate class, at least for now, and surely the FAs will have a list, on paper or electronic, to see who's entitled to the meal.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
Originally Posted by AndyA
Here is how my seat selection looks now for Sundays HEL-LHR flight. First 2 Y rows are pay-to-sit with meal service.
Here is the same flight for check-in. Apparently they release the seats if they are not paid for by someone before the time of check-in.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by ffay005
I wonder if the next stage is elimination of Euro-J. Call those first few rows Comfort (it's already called that in the reservation system), get rid of the curtain, sell the seat + boarding + meal for €35 / 11 000 points.

Include the Comfort package in tickets with longhaul connections, and voilà, there you have it.

And let's call it the Finnair "Plus" experience.
I was also surprised to see some people getting a preordered menu on a Saturday evening flight from FRA this summer.

To / from AGP it is quite common even on night flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.