AY IT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Now You are talking Customer ancillaries!! Man. LOL
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by on22cz
I think 1 point per click would be a fair deal. Additional 1000 points for every successfully completed transaction (ticket purchase). They could also apply tier multipliers.
Agree on the point per click, not sure, though the 1000 additional points for a successful booking is fair. They are far too good at defending their website from successfull bookings.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
After this discussion it shouldn't surprise anybody that Finnair is at the moment looking not only for Mobile Developers for their Vantaa office but also a Test Engineer, Test Manager, Test Automation Engineer and Senior Developer for their Tartu office. I don't know if Finnair is struggling to hire enough skilled workers in Tartu or if they just want to expand by hiring more personnel for their testing operations.

Careers at Finnair
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by haapalainen
After this discussion it shouldn't surprise anybody that Finnair is at the moment looking not only for Mobile Developers for their Vantaa office but also a Test Engineer, Test Manager, Test Automation Engineer and Senior Developer for their Tartu office. I don't know if Finnair is struggling to hire enough skilled workers in Tartu or if they just want to expand by hiring more personnel for their testing operations.

Careers at Finnair
Would have been great if they were looking for test folks before their relaunch, but anyway, testing sounds like a way forward to me.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FFlash
Now You are talking Customer ancillaries!! Man. LOL
With an incentive for a customer, the officer in back-office will also benefit. With a bit of exaggeration, they could promote booking multi-city itineraries with a promise of earning up to one-way intra-European upgrade worth of points. For the sake of gamification, Error page could reset your score...Oh wait...

Originally Posted by FlyeBye
Agree on the point per click, not sure, though the 1000 additional points for a successful booking is fair. They are far too good at defending their website from successfull bookings.
Let's not be too greedy. Clicking would compensate for it.
Steve_Hun and FlyeBye like this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
It is not very scientific, but the impact of the new site on me, is that if there would be consistent ways to buy value tickets from somewhere else, I would not go anywhere close to the new Finnair website.
You can buy Value ticket on Expedia. Granted it does not work for "intricate" itineraries (for a certain definition of intricate) but it works for simple returns on AY metal.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Today's pearls

1/ Trying to log in:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://auth.finnair.com/cas/login" on this server.Reference #18.73xxxxxxxxx

2/ Trying to buy a simple one-way

Lentojen haku epäonnistui (ca Couldn't fetch flights)

A gave a feedback on this one

"Translation: Couldn't get money from customer - he moved on to Lufthansa"

3/ "If you want to book using point, switch to our old website" After a lot of redirects ending up on exactly the same NEW website page

Couldn't they just hire 1 person who has a tiny bit of idea about coding? High schools in Vantaa has plenty of nerd boys (and girls), a third grader would be a definitive improvement over the current lot.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Courmisch
You can buy Value ticket on Expedia. Granted it does not work for "intricate" itineraries (for a certain definition of intricate) but it works for simple returns on AY metal.
Did expedia.fi allow 24h cancellation window with money back? I have barely ever used OTAs but now looking into more difficult combo where I need the 24h window.
Or does it need to be expedia.com US site? any others?
sorry this has been asked here but cannot find where.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FFlash
Did expedia.fi allow 24h cancellation window with money back? I have barely ever used OTAs but now looking into more difficult combo where I need the 24h window.
Or does it need to be expedia.com US site? any others?
sorry this has been asked here but cannot find where.
By a random check, it is not possible. I think US OTAs are legally obliged to offer it, so I'd go for a US site. IME Orbitz works perfect - and for Friday and weekend bookings, you get time until Monday. Probably any other website from the Expedia group will work equally well.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 4:05 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
No experience with the exact case, but IME expedia bookings are just like a ay.com booking. To me it seems finnair CS can access and modify it as they pleases. Meaning there is no "travel agent monopoly deal" stopping Finnair and I'd say it is likely you can call AY and cancel within the 24h window. But I am purely guessing here, so take it for what it is
Old Sep 25, 2019, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by intuition
No experience with the exact case, but IME expedia bookings are just like a ay.com booking. To me it seems finnair CS can access and modify it as they pleases. Meaning there is no "travel agent monopoly deal" stopping Finnair and I'd say it is likely you can call AY and cancel within the 24h window. But I am purely guessing here, so take it for what it is
No, you can't cancel the booking with AY. AY can access the booking of course, but the refund would have to be made by Expedia and AY can't decide for them. Expedia respects the 24 hour rule, though as long as the carrier does. Booking with Expedia (even the non-US ones) should be safe in this regard.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Why 24h cancellation option is needed?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:05 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
No, you can't cancel the booking with AY.
OK, I'm sure you are right.
But they can do a lot of qualified things like sending a formal receipt which I believed would be a TA-only thing if the business indeed is owned by TA, so that was my basis for the guess.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
In case you book flights while being drunk and then realise the next day you can‘t fly.

Has happened before to Flyertalkers.
mhle and intuition like this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Checking upgrades. If not available, cancel tix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.