Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY IT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I was thinking the same thing – if it changes paid seats, it’s a real nuisance because you’d need to take a ss to prove AY what your original selection was. Otherwise, they’d charge you again if you want to change seats.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Seat selection at the time of the booking doesn't seem to work at all at the moment. Just booked a 4 leg LH flight quite some time in the future, so no seat was booked on those flights. However seat 3A was blocked on all 4 legs. Made my seat choices, completed the booking and there - I was seated on 3A on all legs. Finnair IT, this time at least some kind of predictable.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:16 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Bought a ticket yesterday and thanks to you guys I actually paid attention whether after ticketing it keeps the seats I've selected during booking or not. It did not. Had to go to MMB and select my seats again.
ffay005 and seldomrfly like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
SEB Mastercard shows now up in the statement as -10, with a +3k spend, which should be north of 6k points...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:34 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Aviating
SEB Mastercard shows now up in the statement as -10, with a +3k spend, which should be north of 6k points...
Did you miss the small print in the T&Cs 😜
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
There's an issue with credit card points, I've been told. My Mastercard points from December were added last week, then they were removed, then they were added again and now they were deducted with a negative transaction again. Let's see when they'll be able to fix it.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
So freaking annoyed again. I am here with my wallet open but Finnair does everything to prevent me from giving them some cash flow.
Trying to book flights to Verona. I know Finnair flies there, but perhaps seasonally, since when I try to book for April, the engine only produces the famous "sorry no seats for your dates found" while I suspect the real reason is that they don't fly in April. This many times happens that I get that silly message when the reason is NOT about the seats but the fact that they don't fly direct for the chose dates.

WHY on earth is it so difficult just to design an answer "Finnair flies xxx dates to YYY" - okay I know sometimes this message comes through but very often NOT.
WHY is it so difficult, in case their season is not having flights at chosen time, to design an answer "Finnair does not fly direct to Verona/YYY in April, please check the schedules for closest airports that Finnair flies which are Milano and Venice" - this would be very helpful for someone who WANTS to fly Finnair but does not know which nearby airports could be feasible (Well, a seasoned FT'r would know, but I am just a MR-idiot)
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by FFlash
I suspect the real reason is that they don't fly in April. This many times happens that I get that silly message when the reason is NOT about the seats but the fact that they don't fly direct for the chose dates.
Real reason is that VRN is'nt AY's scheduled destination.

Last edited by OH-LGG; Mar 4, 2019 at 9:31 am
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Real reason is that VRN is'nt AY's scheduled destination.
Haha, you are right I found that out.

Anyhow, this is a reoccurring annoyance anyway. Happens all the time and drives me crazy.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
One very simple thing that would make life easier, not necessarily in VRN case above, but in similar cases (think seasonal destinations operated a few times per week, but with one-stop connections on other days) would be to introduce a tickbox for nonstop flights.

When I book SIN, I don't want to be offered a host of dates where prices are cheaper via BKK. Looking at the calendar, it's impossible to try to find the cheapest directs to SIN as the calendar offers all sorts of crap. Have to use Matrix first and then book via AY even if it's a very simple roundtrip.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:01 am

Anyhow, this is a reoccurring annoyance anyway. Happens all the time and drives me crazy.
Which destinations are wrong in AY machine?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:38 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

Haha, you are right I found that out.

There is some kind of script on the booking form that does validation of input. Within its scope is to alert user that a destination is seasonal. Annoying in its own way, because as soon as you enter CAN for instance, there is an alert saying "Finnair flies to CAN between x and y".
But it isn't always up-to-date and I guess they manually need to maintain the list of dates in that script resource. So no surprise the alert does not work for all seasonals.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
There is some kind of script on the booking form that does validation of input. Within its scope is to alert user that a destination is seasonal. Annoying in its own way, because as soon as you enter CAN for instance, there is an alert saying "Finnair flies to CAN between x and y".
Oh, you mean this:
Finnair lentää suoraan Helsingistä Sapporoon 15. joulukuuta 2019 - 23. helmikuuta 2020.

Also, it's not a daily flight and AY refuses to offers connections with domestic JL flights if you wish to travel on a different day.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:43 pm

Last operation day given comes from booking engine allowing bookings 360 days ahead.

Like today on 04MAR19, AY65 HEL-CTS 27FEB20 cant be booked.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Last operation day given comes from booking engine allowing bookings 360 days ahead.

Like today on 04MAR19, AY65 HEL-CTS 27FEB20 cant be booked.
Huh? The 27th of February is exactly 360 days ahead, so it's currently the last day you could book. The 28th opens for bookings tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.