FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finnair | Finnair Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus-636/)
-   -   The Big UPGRADE Thread all you need to know about AY upgrades (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1842907-big-upgrade-thread-all-you-need-know-about-ay-upgrades.html)

ffay005 May 16, 17 2:29 pm

The Big UPGRADE Thread all you need to know about AY upgrades

Okay, my ambitious aim is to
1) offer a bank of information about all different ways how to upgrade and how to be eligible and what to expect
2) reduce the number of threads concerning different kinds of upgrades or one-time upgrade-related questions

In the wiki post, I will write a long list about the different upgrade opportunities that AY offers and also list the requirements, costs, process and perks of these upgrades. There will be some gaps and probably some of the information will be incorrect or lacking, so I'd be happy if we could work on this together to correct and amend.

I hope that after some discussion, we could make a Wiki that we can edit when things change and that everyone can turn to with their upgrade questions, be it a first-timer on the AY forum or a veteran.

Happy J landings! ^

ffay005 May 16, 17 2:29 pm

(I removed the contents from here and made a Wiki post instead – easy to edit by everyone)

Steve_Hun May 16, 17 2:45 pm

Just WOW! Thanks ffay005 for pulling all this info together!

NoWindowSeat May 16, 17 3:04 pm

Many thanks for your efforts, ffay005, excellent initiative ^

kauppias May 16, 17 3:13 pm

excellent idea 👍

Courmisch May 16, 17 3:29 pm

Are you sure the points and voucher upgrades require paid economy? Can't you upgrade X booking codes?

It could make sense to use points (or points+money) for X and then vouchers to F.

lkrt May 16, 17 3:37 pm

I have made some formatting as well as amended some of your questions into answers. Hope that's fine!

OH-LGG May 16, 17 3:49 pm

STO should be ARN.

How much is upgrade to BGO ? 7500?

SH feeder is included in 50000 points LH -upgrade.

lkrt May 16, 17 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by OH-LGG (Post 28320252)
STO should be ARN.

How much is upgrade to BGO ? 7500?

Sorry, all of those fixed. Put them just the wrong way around at first.

ffay005 May 16, 17 4:14 pm

You're welcome, guys! Let's try and make this a Sticky once we've gathered enough info to the wiki.

Originally Posted by lkrt (Post 28320196)
I have made some formatting as well as amended some of your questions into answers. Hope that's fine!

Absolutely, that's the purpose of the wiki! ^

About upgrading X tickets: I remember that at least CeruelanBlue, and someone else too, have mentioned that you can upgrade those with vouchers, but not with points. CB, if you read this, could you confirm?

OTOH, I've got an award booking which I've tried to upgrade, but it doesn't work either with points or vouchers (even if tool shows availability). However, it's not a AY+ award booking but a BA one. I've attached my AY+# to it, though, and seat assignments worked just fine (exit row €0). I should give AY a call to see if it'll work over the phone. Maybe I'll call tomorrow.

WilcoRoger May 16, 17 11:16 pm

STO should be ARN.?

Why, no more BMA?

Hartsa May 16, 17 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 28321684)
Why, no more BMA?

I think BMA is always serviced by ATRs so no J and thus no upgrades.

OH-LGG May 16, 17 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Hartsa (Post 28321708)
I think BMA is always serviced by ATRs so no J and thus no upgrades.

That's correct!

WilcoRoger May 17, 17 12:27 am

Originally Posted by ffay005 (Post 28320365)
About upgrading X tickets: I remember that at least CeruelanBlue, and someone else too, have mentioned that you can upgrade those with vouchers, but not with points. CB, if you read this, could you confirm?

I can confirm - I had several X upgraded with vouchers. Very useful when there's no U availability but F bucket still available. I called the CS, explained the situation, she typed away and booked me. Also works even when there's no X anymore, but F is still available.

Jainzar May 17, 17 12:48 am

Does that always work? Or does there need to be upgrade availability on the SH segments.

I never did a LH-upgrade only SH where the northern Europe segment is also included and there AY needed to create first upgrade availability on the feeder.