Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair 7 HEL-MIA in June What's Going On?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA & jetBlue

I am heading to Europe this summer for a trip with my wife, booked tickets with AA miles. MIA-LHR with AA and heading back in J with Finnair LHR-HEL on the A350 and HEL-MIA on I don't know what.

I am aware they are having a pilot shortage issue and Iberia is running flights for them right now until sometime in May. I just don't know whats going on with my flight June 4th. At first it was a Finnair operated A330, then it switched to an A343, which I know are no longer in the fleet, also Finnair operated. It has not switched off from the A340-300. My booking on Finnair website and AA.com still show HEL-MIA Finnair A340-300. But now, if I try to book the flight on Finnair for that date HEL-MIA does not even show up for booking. Unless the flight is sold out, I can't figure out what's going on. I just don't want to get stuck in a Hi-Fly plane, and using my miles for that type of trip.

Anyone know whats going on?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Yes, it looks like all AY7/8's are zeroed out now from 01MAY17 until 30SEP17.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I may be in the same "boat" with AA award tickets in J on AY7 in August.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Yes, it looks like all AY7/8's are zeroed out now from 01MAY17 until 30SEP17.
Zeroed out as in off the schedule, not sold out?

I assume they are trying to figure out what to do first with the fleet issues, before telling me, sorry your flight has been cancelled, would like to go with AY and do the LHR-HEL-MIA but if its not going to happen on AY metal then I believe they will have to re-ticket me on a BA or AA flight in the same class.

Guess I will give them a week or so until I call AA and figure out what is going on.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by flymia
Zeroed out as in off the schedule, not sold out?
Zeroed as they are not going to sell it anymore until OCT17.

This must be a fresh thing, even made today. Have to wait couple days for AY to update it's own schedules.

AY9/10 ORD still showing A340 in MAY17.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess it was a blessing in disguise that we were not able to find the HEL-MIA on any date in May when looking for a way home after a TATL cruise and some time in the Nordic. Ended up taking a detour as HEL-AMS-YYZ (9W) instead.

Hope all who are affected by this sudden pull of flights would get a resolution soon.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 3:21 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Just spoke with Finnair customer relations regarding status of Flight 7 (am booked on July 16th) and was told to call back on March 29th when new information should be available.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by rje
Just spoke with Finnair customer relations regarding status of Flight 7 (am booked on July 16th) and was told to call back on March 29th when new information should be available.
Something is going on.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Something is going on.
My guess, is they are trying to figure out what plane goes on the route/who they can lease from, or if they need to scramble and get people onto other One World airlines.

I guess I will wait until the end of the month, then call AA if nothing has been resolved.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (Lifetime Gold), HH Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I'm also booked on AY8 in July. Called Finnair Platinum line but CS agent did not know what is going on. They just told that my flight is still scheduled and fully booked now which I doubt given the seats availability a couple of weeks back when I did my reservation...
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
I would be prepared for bad news and a major setback...
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:17 am

AY July MIA flight fully booked in March. Höpöhöpö.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 10:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
A lot of travel agencies are reporting "sudden" weak demand for trips to NA. "Sudden" as in starting around feb 1.

Finnair reports weakening demand in january and february, with february well below feb 2016.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Just sit down and think for a while: all of a sudden no availability until late autumn. Not a single seat.
That would mean only one thing, starts with a letter 'c'
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
A lot of travel agencies are reporting "sudden" weak demand for trips to NA. "Sudden" as in starting around feb 1.

Finnair reports weakening demand in january and february, with february well below feb 2016.
And the inauguration took place Jan 20. We have to wait four years for golf around Miami, so sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.