Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Sudden change by AY disruption management

Old Mar 14, 17, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)

I just got confusing message from AY. A new e-ticket from AY disruption management and the only change is that they changed one of my flights from AY flight number to CX flight number (was AY operated by CX).

According to EF, AY flight number is still found in the system but maybe it is something which will change next. From CX point of view, everything looks quite same - equipment and departure/arrival times are just the same. And if it would have been an equipment change then they wouldn't issue a new e-ticket.

Still issued from AY ticket stock with 105 number. But I don't exactly understand what is going on. Has anyone had similar experiences?
Old Mar 14, 17, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)
Found it - Finnair has stopped the codeshare with CX on that route (AKL/HKG). They are in the process of switching current reservations to use CX flight number and future ones booked to CX flight number.

Of course I have a booking class which with CX flight number will earn 50% while with AY flight number 100% (Value). Likely the system will credit me automatically 50% and I will have to discuss with Plus service regarding the correction.
Old Mar 14, 17, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB silver, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
Originally Posted by miikka View Post
Found it - Finnair has stopped the codeshare with CX on that route (AKL/HKG). ...
Sad to see that codeshare go, but I guess it was in the cards. It used to be offered at decent prices but skyrocketed few years ago.
Old Mar 14, 17, 12:59 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Of course I have a booking class which with CX flight number will earn 50% while with AY flight number 100% (Value). Likely the system will credit me automatically 50% and I will have to discuss with Plus service regarding the correction.
I wonder if you might have a valid Original Routing Credit claim here. Usually, of course, it's used for last minute changes, but I don't recall seeing any time limits in the T&C.
Old Mar 14, 17, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Gold, Scandic L2
I would think that, since the original flight was on AY stock, this is a valid ORC claim. It helps that the ticket is 105-issued too. So it certainly won't hurt to ask afterwards.

Anyway, what's the matter with CX and/or AY? Is Finnair preparing a partnership with Hainan and Cathay punishes them or what?
Old Mar 14, 17, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QR PC Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, SK EB silver, Nordic Choice Platinum, Liberokerho GOLD, SJ Black
CX decided to re-introduce check-in to final destination on separate tickets, and AY is punishing them!
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:46 pm

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Found it - Finnair has stopped the codeshare with CX on that route (AKL/HKG). .
Oh this is bad news. So what is now the best current J "double longhaul" mileage-hoarding ticket?
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very few left. DEL-NA and NA-CHINA comes to mind.

Of course there are still EU-Australia, but with QF cheating with EK, connections in SIN/BKK/HKG are bad IIRC.
Old Mar 14, 17, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
If you can book it, AUS can be also via JPN, no EK there.
Old Mar 14, 17, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
Oh this is bad news. So what is now the best current J "double longhaul" mileage-hoarding ticket?
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
Very few left. DEL-NA and NA-CHINA comes to mind.
I thought FFlash meant routes where you can get AY codes for both LH segments. I don't think DEL/CHINA-NA count? I was going to say HEL-US-South America, but there are no AY-coded flights there, not by AA nor LA/JJ
Old Mar 15, 17, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure why AY flights (AY marketed and AY operated) would be excluded? But if we only are looking for oneworld operated codeshares with AY marketed code, that is 2 longhaul and canbe booked on one single ticket then I think there are none.
Old Mar 15, 17, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by intuition View Post
Not sure why AY flights (AY marketed and AY operated) would be excluded? But if we only are looking for oneworld operated codeshares with AY marketed code, that is 2 longhaul and canbe booked on one single ticket then I think there are none.
Ah yes, of course. I was being euro-/HEL-centric

Search this Thread
Search Engine: