Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY co-branded Mastercard for Finns

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I got the new MC this week, previous was valid until April.

Talking of which - the DC came a week earlier, valid until 4/2020 (!) with a letter informing that they are shutting down on 31/5/2019. Why on Earth send out a card with a printed validity of 11 months after the shutdown??
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: Finnair , Marriot Gold
I got confirmation that they are sending the card but the letter says 1 point for every 1€ spent ?? Is it a mistake in their covering letter ?

https://www.nordearahoitus.fi/henkil...astercard.html
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by jakas
I got confirmation that they are sending the card but the letter says 1 point for every 1€ spent ?? Is it a mistake in their covering letter ?

https://www.nordearahoitus.fi/henkil...astercard.html
They have not updated their page. Here is the correct version: https://www.nordea.fi/henkiloasiakka...astercard.html
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:10 am

so its a mistake in their covering letter, it is now 1€= 2points
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I got the new MC this week, previous was valid until April.

Talking of which - the DC came a week earlier, valid until 4/2020 (!) with a letter informing that they are shutting down on 31/5/2019. Why on Earth send out a card with a printed validity of 11 months after the shutdown??
Same here. I got both (Finnair/SEB MC and DC) at the same day in envelopes of the same type, and I have the same question marks over my head about the DC validity.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
For those who got new SEB MC were the new cards equipped with the contactless payment option? (Lähimaksu)
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
For those who got new SEB MC were the new cards equipped with the contactless payment option? (Lähimaksu)
Yes they are. (1 month old SEB MC)
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Originally Posted by seldomrfly
Yes they are. (1 month old SEB MC)
It was already on the card issued last May.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by Courmisch
But I guess the Nordea Finnair MC fee is not waved in any circumstances, not even for Nordea tier customers - unlike the regular Nordea MC Gold (or other banks with similar systems).

Just paying back the 60€ is going to require some spending, depending how much one values Finnair points.
In May and November last year, Nordea was offering the AY+ MC with no annual fee for the first year, as well as 2000 bonus points. Currently there is a signup offer for March where you get the 2000 bonus points, but no waiving of the annual fee. I wonder if the 0e for the first year has been enhanced away, or if good things do come to those who wait?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
At HEL there is a real strong campaign going on for the Nordea AY/MC card - all the LED boards show their commercial on on infinite loop (as per last Monday) No offers on view however.

As long as SEB waives the fee for Plats, I'll stick with them, but I'll have Mrs WR drop her Stockmann card and sign up for the Nordea card. Seeing where Stockmann has been heading to, it won't be difficult.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Penny-pinching Nordea

Finland needs more competition, Nordea is really annoying. Are other banks as bad?

I got my Finnair card now but in order to see transactions online I have to pay €9/year even though I already pay a yearly card fee and have my house loan with them. The money isn't much, it is the attitude.
jakas, Clydez and Dieselross like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Use "wallet" or/and "Nordea mobile" apps, you will get all transaction into there for free. With "wallet", you get immediate notification of the card use if you are online.
Gnopps and Steve_Hun like this.

Last edited by lento; Mar 20, 2019 at 10:39 am
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
I'm tempted to apply for Nordea MC due to Apple Pay, other functionalities such as the Nordea App/Wallet, a higher credit limit and most probably better functionality on various outlets as there has been some problems with SEB as reported here, but as a Plat SEB is still 60€ less per year so it's still a no-go for me.

At least SEB has free paper invoice

We'll see if some new AY cards come up later this year.. Last year there was a quiz in the customer community about new card products so hoping to see some concrete soon.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Finland needs more competition, Nordea is really annoying. Are other banks as bad?

I got my Finnair card now but in order to see transactions online I have to pay €9/year even though I already pay a yearly card fee and have my house loan with them. The money isn't much, it is the attitude.
Thanks to the OP bonuses (from your house loan) you wouldn't probably see much of any service fees. Card offering is quite dull, though. Private banking clients get Platinum Visa with unlimited Priority Pass with guest. Steep price though, so you would be better off with Plat Amex in that case.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
YES just activate the card first as usual by some shopping and then next transaction should work with Lähimaksu upto 25€. Just got one yesterday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.