Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY co-branded Mastercard for Finns

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
FYI

If anyone else had a noob moment beware on Nordea ay mastercard the maximum amount of points issued ina month is based on your credit limit on said card.

So if you have a 5000€ limit max 10k points or if you have a 10000€ limit which is the maximum theb its 20k ay pts 😀

Anyone with the seb ay card know if its the same there?
Helsinki Flyer likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:10 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by kauppias
FYI

If anyone else had a noob moment beware on Nordea ay mastercard the maximum amount of points issued ina month is based on your credit limit on said card.

So if you have a 5000€ limit max 10k points or if you have a 10000€ limit which is the maximum theb its 20k ay pts 😀

Anyone with the seb ay card know if its the same there?
I actually got fooled by Nordea cs on this a while ago, where I asked if there's any cap to points earning on the card, to which they said no. I ofc took that as I can pay off my balance several times during a billing period and accumulate new spend and get points for all. Was slightly angry when that was not the case and only got the 2x credit limit amount, could have routed spend elsewhere to get something back at least
Old May 2, 2022, 3:02 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SuloL
I actually got fooled by Nordea cs on this a while ago, where I asked if there's any cap to points earning on the card, to which they said no. I ofc took that as I can pay off my balance several times during a billing period and accumulate new spend and get points for all. Was slightly angry when that was not the case and only got the 2x credit limit amount, could have routed spend elsewhere to get something back at least

Happened to me twice first time I did not count it out this time I did and lost 12k pts oh well now I know... hence why I wrote here to warn others...
Old May 2, 2022, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Just trying to understand, do you pay your bills with nordea mastercard and get points for those?
i would like to do so as well but cannot pay bills with mys SEB AY MC
Old May 2, 2022, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Just trying to understand, do you pay your bills with nordea mastercard and get points for those?
My method is not the simplest but happy to go over it at a lounge one day 😏😃 over a salad
FFlash likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Personally haven't used it for bills in general, but I'd assume there could be ways to do that. Just have had quite a lot of larger purchases in the past year, so I've had to clear the outstanding balance mid-period a few times, unfortunately not getting any points for paying Nordea early
FFlash likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Personally haven't used it for bills in general, but I'd assume there could be ways to do that. Just have had quite a lot of larger purchases in the past year, so I've had to clear the outstanding balance mid-period a few times, unfortunately not getting any points for paying Nordea early
Ok got it. I do it too with Seb kort but always gotten pts
Old May 2, 2022, 10:03 am

Ok got it. I do it too with Seb kort but always gotten pts
I have done it occassionally but I just applied for SEB too 😃😃

Last edited by kauppias; May 2, 2022 at 12:34 pm
Old May 2, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Back when AY had a partnership with AX and you got AY+ points for AX purchases, the system added the points a few days after each payment made to AX. So if one needed 1000 points quickly, one could pay 1000 (or was it 500 or even FIM?) EUR to AX, and points were added after a few days. Sometimes, I even had a negative balance with AX due to this, ie they owed me money.

I have the SEB card and right now I'm not 100 % sure, but 99% that you can get more points than what your credit limit is. Ie if your limit is 5000 and you spend 4000 in the beginning of the month, then pay it off and use another 4000 at the end of the month, you will get 16 000 points early the following month. The Nordea system is plain stupid (which doesn't really surprise me).
kauppias likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffay005
Back when AY had a partnership with AX and you got AY+ points for AX purchases, the system added the points a few days after each payment made to AX. So if one needed 1000 points quickly, one could pay 1000 (or was it 500 or even FIM?) EUR to AX, and points were added after a few days. Sometimes, I even had a negative balance with AX due to this, ie they owed me money.

I have the SEB card and right now I'm not 100 % sure, but 99% that you can get more points than what your credit limit is. Ie if your limit is 5000 and you spend 4000 in the beginning of the month, then pay it off and use another 4000 at the end of the month, you will get 16 000 points early the following month. The Nordea system is plain stupid (which doesn't really surprise me).
True, that works. I overrun my limit all the time
kauppias likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
"Customers of all banks can apply for a Finnair Plus Mastercard."
I wonder if this also applies to residents of Southern Finland
FFlash likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The western parts of greater finland is excluded, surely the southern parts are too.
FFlash likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
The western parts of greater finland is excluded, surely the southern parts are too.
But Egentliga Finland is included while everything else is called Eastern Finland from local
perspective here
bloody bollocks these locals
intuition likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 3:45 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
SEB MC finally joined Apple Pay!
FFlash likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 4:57 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by TTL
SEB MC finally joined Apple Pay!
Not any joyful response???
FFlash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.