Search

AY co-branded Mastercard for Finns

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
duplicate
Old Apr 23, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Furry
I cancelled SEB AY as well. No questions asked why. Rest of yearly fee returned to my account (40ish € as I paid in Dec 2019).

Same with AX Plat, not a single question why a long time customer for both companies wants suddenly cancel a card which I found quite odd.

for some reason in Finland they just dont care. I guess it is easier to get new customers then to retain older ones...

why cant we get decent CCs here 😠
Old Apr 23, 2020, 3:27 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Originally Posted by kauppias

why cant we get decent CCs here 😠
Because no-one wants to pay the ridiculous commissions. There is no free lunch, giving cc to a good customer is waste of money, its either comission or revolving credit that brings in money.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Because no-one wants to pay the ridiculous commissions. There is no free lunch, giving cc to a good customer is waste of money, its either comission or revolving credit that brings in money.
or.yearly fees. clearly people will pay just look at AY Platinum... If benefits were there I am sure there would be demand, they will never know if they dont try... looking at cards like SK Premium or whatever its called in sweden...

241 redemptions
EQMs early or monthly

the EQM based card could also attract more more loyalty from newish members who get say 50% of gold requirments via CC at a high cost and start smelling the good life 😂 not alot of hard costs with EQMs without flying...

Last edited by kauppias; Apr 23, 2020 at 10:55 pm
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:08 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
hehe, not surprised at all.
After being a Danske plat customer close 6-7 years(10 years with their banking) , i went to the office in the center couple month back, said i wanna cancel. I was hoping they say something nice to make me stay and i would.
Instead "sure we can do it right away, where do you want your money to be transfered??"
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Nothing was asked, not even remotely interested why.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
or.yearly fees. clearly people will pay just look at AY Platinum... If benefits were there I am sure there would be demand, they will never know if they dont try... looking at cards like SK Premium or whatever its called in sweden...

241 redemptions
EQMs early or monthly

the EQM based card could also attract more more loyalty from newish members who get say 50% of gold requirments via CC at a high cost and start smelling the good life 😂 not alot of hard costs with EQMs without flying...
The commissions affects the whole value chain. There is a reason why US gas merchants dislike CC payments or why no-one wants to accept AMEX/Diners. Problem could be solved how it is done in US right now, you have a different price for CC-purchases than with cash/debit.
And given there is no free lunch, how much would you actually want to pay more for your purchases to buy yourself the benefits the card would provide.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
The commissions affects the whole value chain. There is a reason why US gas merchants dislike CC payments or why no-one wants to accept AMEX/Diners. Problem could be solved how it is done in US right now, you have a different price for CC-purchases than with cash/debit.
And given there is no free lunch, how much would you actually want to pay more for your purchases to buy yourself the benefits the card would provide.

I am quite used to the US system and allways use credit even when their is a higher charge

HOWEVER why does the system work in sweden (last I checked they are not the thwest state in the USA) 😁 but not in Finland? do the have merchant card commissions there?

people keep comparing to the US system while I keep pointing to our neighbors nearby where premium cards are working not one but atleast 3 (ba I beleive and 2 SK cards)

I am not farmiliar with the swedish system so feel free to educate me if I am missing something...

I wonder if NO and DK also have those premium cards...
Old Apr 24, 2020, 2:32 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

HOWEVER why does the system work in sweden... but not in Finland?
Because of that French obsession with subduing the Britons through blockade, instigating the Russians to attack the last non-compliant kingdom in 1808, resulting in an imperial grand duchy in the east and a French guy on the throne in the western part?
vulle likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
And I just received –686 points for my April purchases Yes, they do deduct points if there are more refunds than purchases.
Old May 7, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
And I just received –686 points for my April purchases Yes, they do deduct points if there are more refunds than purchases.
One more good reason to get the voucher!
Old May 7, 2020, 4:06 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Talking

Originally Posted by lkrt
One more good reason to get the voucher!
No way! As voucher is +10% value of original price - you'd lose your points for the discount you get when buying new tickets!
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 7, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
True, good point!
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I haven't yet received my AY SEB MC points for 31MAY. Usually they post pretty fast. Anyone else here still missing points?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 11:04 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Anyone else here still missing points?
Yep, me too.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 11:04 am

I haven't yet received my AY SEB MC points for 31MAY. Usually they post pretty fast. Anyone else here still missing points?
Same here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.