Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soft landing for Plats?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:40 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by coltsmild
How do they announce the softlanding? ...
They don't.

It is not official. If you get softlanded, you'll know on the first day of your next period by looking at your member page...
Old Apr 3, 2023, 5:27 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Ok, looks like I soft landed from platsku to.. platsku.

First I thought the app is just showing the extra month of Platinum status after the tracking period, but then saw the benefits list:

So looks like it actually happened.. with only 10 qualifying SH flights during the previous tracking period.
florens, FFlash, mpkz and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 5:44 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by aapee

First I thought the app is just showing the extra month of Platinum status after the tracking period, but then saw the benefits list:

So looks like it actually happened.. with only 10 qualifying SH flights during the previous tracking period.
Out of curiosity, does you web portal also show the same? I'm asking, since the app is pulling the voucher data from a different place, without much validation IME. E.g. I still see 5 vouchers on my app that I have used that have expired in March with the notation "expires on xx.3.2023"...
Old Apr 3, 2023, 5:50 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
This list was copied from the web page, app shows the same upgrades expiring 4/2024 (the gold card is not visible there). I've used the vouchers / Gold from last tracking period already.

In the app it looks like this:

Last edited by aapee; Apr 3, 2023 at 6:19 am Reason: app screenshot added
Old Apr 3, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by aapee

This exact thing happened to my dad just before COVID keeping him as plat for too many years with only handful of flights. Now he has landed to LTG.
kauppias likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.