Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hurricane Matthew

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by mosburger
It seems a lot of the tourist infrastructure at the Florida seaside will be completely destroyed along with maybe some airports closer to the seashore closing for longer periods. .
Luckily not after all due to the hurricane core staying offshore but it was a close call by all means, it seems.

Still hazardous to move outside due to potentially damaged and lethal power lines & debris and possible structural damage to bridges and seaside roads but the situation in FL gradually getting better.

MCO re-opening today and regional FL airports one by one depending on local conditions.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:19 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
In other news...

Taifun Haima is hitting the Philippines right now, and it has just slowed down to a cat 4. It was a cat 5 over the sea, ie with wind speeds over 250 km/h.
Not that AY is flying there, but isn't it odd how little Tiafuns get coverage when the hurricanes are all over the media? just saying.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Sixty-niner today is cancelled.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:38 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Sixty-niner today is cancelled.
I was supposed to fly HKG-HEL tomorrow, but got message (first via AY app) that it was cancelled. Quick moves, and there was still one seat left on the previous day's flight. Also, my whole program for Friday was cancelled, as many people in the region were unable to fly to HK.

Haima was Category 3 when I left HK.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Remember be careful with haima.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Remember be careful with haima.
In particular if you have diabetes.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:47 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
In particular if you have diabetes.
Suddenly, everyone's a comedian

Flight was uneventful, and full. Wifi works also in the Chinese airspace now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.