Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OH-LGG
To be updated for the new cabin interiors!

Current fleet and entry date & updated cabin:
  • OH-LTM: 2009-03-26, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTN: 2009-04-24
  • OH-LTO: 2009-05-15, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTP: 2009-06-18, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTR: 2009-12-18, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTS: 2010-02-11, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTT: 2010-04-15, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTU: 2010-11-26, new J & PE cabin

Seating (old cabin)
J/45 Y/218: Features 2 J cabins. 1 bird (LTN) has this config

Complete seatmap and layout of config 1 can be found here and config 2 is here.

Business Class (old cabin) features Vantage (built by Zodiac UK on license) full-flat bed seats in a staggered layout, alternating 2-2-1 and 1-2-1 abreast. Config1 has two business class cabins, row 1-7 and 8-10.
Preferred seats depends on your preferences. Some prefers minicabin for its smaller size, but beware that economy boards through the mini cabin and are seated immediately behind a thin wall after row 10.
Even A seats (2A/4A/6A/8A) enjoys 2 side tables and are nicknamed throne seats and are loved for their exclusive private feel by kids and adults. They do however have narrow footwells.
L seats are also single seats, with even rows (2L/4L/...) having the side table on the aisle side, making the seat slightly more private and odd rows (1L/3L/...) having side table on the window side making aisle access extremely easy (esp 1L) and better feet space.
All paired seats are good for couples travelling together. Do note that 1AC/3AC/5AC/7AC shares one side table, while DH seats each have their own side table.

Economy Comfort on A333 has similar seats as plain economy, but with a adjustable headrest and ≈4" inches more legroom. They also come with noise cancelling headphones, 1h internet, priority boarding and a small amenity kit.
Finnair platinums and OWE members can select these seats for free. (OWE must call to do so). Other passengers can buy comfort seats for a fee, and seats are also sold after boarding.
Economy comfort is row 21-25 on both configs, but due to effects when retrofitting the cabin, there are major differences in cabin layout.

To find best seat, you first need to identify what airplane you are on, which can be done by analysing your seat map as suggested in this post.

Economy Class features 2-4-2 abreast slimline seating with 32" pitch. The best seats are row 41 with most legroom on A/C/J/L, but do notice that 41D/H are baby bassinet seats.
These are either labled "extra legroom" or "exit row" in the seat map and are selectable with status or for a fee.
Economy cabin offers USB for charge - no AC outlets.

In-Flight Entertainment
You will have Bose noise-cancelling earphones in business class and in Economy comfort, and earplugs in economy class.

Wifi: All A333 have Wifi. To redeem free access if eligible, you will need to enter your surname and seat number on the login page, otherwise it costs you 7,95€ per hour, 11,95€ per three hours or 19,95€ for the whole flight. It may take some time until up in the air to get it started.

Print Wikipost

Finnair A330 master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by spycygrl
Thanks, Ed.

I think I'm confused, though, because in the SeatGuru layout of the plane, it looks like the even seats are closer to the window than the uneven ones.
In this case better to use original source (https://www.finnair.com/go/2018.5-14...TR_seatmap.jpg), even though SeatGuru in this case is right.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum, OWE
I wonder when these birds get a refurbishment. Never been to Y, but the J is very outdated and worn out. I guess the 330’s will soon be in the middle of their lifespan, so would some tlc be coming soon?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:50 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OH-LTM, -LTN, -LTP, -LTR was refurbished in 2014, so I don't think they are seeing new seats for awhile.
OH-LTR, -LTS, -LTT, -LTU was delivered with "new J" in 2010, so they might be slightly more likely for a refurb.

Last edited by intuition; Aug 31, 2018 at 1:11 pm
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
OH-LTM, -LTN, -LTP, -LTR was refurbished in 2014, so I don't think they are seeing new seats for awhile.
OH-LTS, -LTT, -LTU was delivered with "new J" in 2010, so they might be slightly more likely for a refurb.
OH-LTR came from TLS as it's now. LTR was a long time as a black sheep with 10 rows Business Class.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:13 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
INdeed she did, corrected the text.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:15 am

OH-LTR, -LTS, -LTT, -LTU was delivered with "new J" in 2010, so they might be slightly more likely for a refurb.
I flew -LTS on 23 Aug 18. Seat 1L. Love the legroom in the first row but, man, that hard product needs an upgrade. Food was abysmal as well.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Interesting question will be, what seat will go in there? Even if the hard product is worn, it has still better legroom then the A 350. Any news if AY is going for an new generation of J seats?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:31 am
Moderator, Finnair

Good question. A330 cabin is not the same width through-out the plane and even on widest section it is 33 cm narrower than A350.
So if they go with the same seat as in A350, they can't possibly have the same config.
I imagine having the same seat across the fleet is a good thing, but I wonder if they won't just select the seat that packs best on a A330.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
I imagine having the same seat across the fleet is a good thing, but I wonder if they won't just select the seat that packs best on a A330.
Wasn't it that the A350s are also getting new seats (at least the first nine). Would those be the same model as the current ones, without the quality issues, or would they be different one?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Someone might know better, but I think the deal struck with Airbus was to have the exact same seats, just only from the stable production line the second time around.

My guess is, and again someone might know better, at that point there was a discussion internally along the lines of "if we are getting new seats, why not re-evaluate and/or try to raise the stakes and see what price we can get for swapping all seats in entire fleet". Which would be what culminated last august in the big seat try-out sessions. From which we have heard absolutely nothing since then.

I think they've accepted the initial offer and silently replaced seats in all the first A350 already.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
OK, THX for this. Was wondering why there was absolutely no news about it, since originally they were pretty "open" about the issues.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:28 am

Finnair released yesterday Q3 and is going to invest 200 million in long haul cabins

As a part of its normal fleet maintenance operations, Finnair is preparing for a gradual cabin renewal in its
current long-haul fleet. This renewal is expected to amount to approximately 200 million euros and focus on
years 2020 and 2021.​​​​
I hope they will do that. This is from seat 4A on OH-LTT last night.. Is AY going to operate this business class 2-3 years more?

Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
That seatbelt looks disgusting! Finnair = Air India of the North?
loimu and on22cz like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:42 am

There was no big difference between AY business class and Delhi taxi which I jumped in after that flight.
florens and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:38 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
There was no big difference between AY business class and Delhi taxi which I jumped in after that flight.
The concept of smooth transfers are taken one step further. You will now feel like you've arrived at destination already when onboard!
ffay005, OH-LGG, florens and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.