Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OH-LGG
To be updated for the new cabin interiors!

Current fleet and entry date & updated cabin:
  • OH-LTM: 2009-03-26, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTN: 2009-04-24
  • OH-LTO: 2009-05-15, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTP: 2009-06-18, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTR: 2009-12-18, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTS: 2010-02-11, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTT: 2010-04-15, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTU: 2010-11-26, new J & PE cabin

Seating (old cabin)
J/45 Y/218: Features 2 J cabins. 1 bird (LTN) has this config

Complete seatmap and layout of config 1 can be found here and config 2 is here.

Business Class (old cabin) features Vantage (built by Zodiac UK on license) full-flat bed seats in a staggered layout, alternating 2-2-1 and 1-2-1 abreast. Config1 has two business class cabins, row 1-7 and 8-10.
Preferred seats depends on your preferences. Some prefers minicabin for its smaller size, but beware that economy boards through the mini cabin and are seated immediately behind a thin wall after row 10.
Even A seats (2A/4A/6A/8A) enjoys 2 side tables and are nicknamed throne seats and are loved for their exclusive private feel by kids and adults. They do however have narrow footwells.
L seats are also single seats, with even rows (2L/4L/...) having the side table on the aisle side, making the seat slightly more private and odd rows (1L/3L/...) having side table on the window side making aisle access extremely easy (esp 1L) and better feet space.
All paired seats are good for couples travelling together. Do note that 1AC/3AC/5AC/7AC shares one side table, while DH seats each have their own side table.

Economy Comfort on A333 has similar seats as plain economy, but with a adjustable headrest and ≈4" inches more legroom. They also come with noise cancelling headphones, 1h internet, priority boarding and a small amenity kit.
Finnair platinums and OWE members can select these seats for free. (OWE must call to do so). Other passengers can buy comfort seats for a fee, and seats are also sold after boarding.
Economy comfort is row 21-25 on both configs, but due to effects when retrofitting the cabin, there are major differences in cabin layout.

To find best seat, you first need to identify what airplane you are on, which can be done by analysing your seat map as suggested in this post.

Economy Class features 2-4-2 abreast slimline seating with 32" pitch. The best seats are row 41 with most legroom on A/C/J/L, but do notice that 41D/H are baby bassinet seats.
These are either labled "extra legroom" or "exit row" in the seat map and are selectable with status or for a fee.
Economy cabin offers USB for charge - no AC outlets.

In-Flight Entertainment
You will have Bose noise-cancelling earphones in business class and in Economy comfort, and earplugs in economy class.

Wifi: All A333 have Wifi. To redeem free access if eligible, you will need to enter your surname and seat number on the login page, otherwise it costs you 7,95€ per hour, 11,95€ per three hours or 19,95€ for the whole flight. It may take some time until up in the air to get it started.

Print Wikipost

Finnair A330 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by SuloL
I assume the Chinese second tier/seasonal (XIY, CKG, CAN) see mostly the dense configs. BKK probably gets the dense planes a lot of the time too.
3rd "dense" 330 with 289 seats (J32/257) is between XIY/CKG/DEL
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: AY+ Silver
BTW, the links on the Wiki of the two configs points to the same one : "Complete seatmap and layout of config 1 can be found here and config 2 is here."
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
SFO is all summer J45, ORD/JFK J32.
But here's the trick and the main reason I asked: I saw few J45s on the JFK route going through EF last night.

So is it random or do they monitor flights so that if they're early sold out on J they can do an aircraft change?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by aama
But here's the trick and the main reason I asked: I saw few J45s on the JFK route going through EF last night.

So is it random or do they monitor flights so that if they're early sold out on J they can do an aircraft change?
One 32/257 in under maintenance and they must swap planes

Spring time until second weekend of May many long haul routes are mix of different configurations and aircrafts
aama likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD

Spring time until second weekend of May many long haul routes are mix of different configurations and aircrafts
Is it OH-LTS which flew to DRS on April 14th?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by aama
Is it OH-LTS which flew to DRS on April 14th?

Yes, LTS in Germany.
aama likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Was just upgraded to J when JFK was flown with a 45J aircraft

Have two upcoming flights (HEL-ORD and ORD-HEL), booked via AA so no control over seats except over Finnair chat. Got row 21 on both via Finnair chat (asking whether row 37 exists), what are the chances that the plane will NOT be a 32J aircraft?
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 5:17 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mpkz

Have two upcoming flights (HEL-ORD and ORD-HEL), booked via AA so no control over seats except over Finnair chat. Got row 21 on both via Finnair chat (asking whether row 37 exists), what are the chances that the plane will NOT be a 32J aircraft?
Your guess is as good as the 11 year old boy's you meet on the street. Question that nobody here can answer with any level of credibility.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by mpkz

Even thought it's booked via AA, you should still be able to pull up the reservation, check the seat map, etc., on Finnair.com.

All you need is the Finnair PNR (which is not the same as the AA PNR). Finnair call center should be able to provide you with that.

Enjoy!
Old May 4, 2018, 5:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Even thought it's booked via AA, you should still be able to pull up the reservation, check the seat map, etc., on Finnair.com.

All you need is the Finnair PNR (which is not the same as the AA PNR). Finnair call center should be able to provide you with that.

Enjoy!
I have the AY booking code and am able to pull up the reservation on Finnair.com, but not change seats or see a seat map...
Old May 4, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by UnknownPassenger
BTW, the links on the Wiki of the two configs points to the same one : "Complete seatmap and layout of config 1 can be found here and config 2 is here."
Fixed!
Old May 29, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I'm flying the A330 JFK-HEL evening flight and decided to go for 6L over a throne seat. Even though it's not a true redeye (because it leaves just before 6 p.m.) with the time change into Helsinki (and a long layover there), I figured I would try to get some shuteye for a few hours and the throne seemed kinda claustrophobic. I also didn't like that I would have 2 people each in front, back and on the side of me. Seems like more potential for chatter and restlessness than the solo side of the plane.

That said, I'm only 5'2" so I don't have some of the same issues with the narrow footbed as tall folks, so...

I'm in 2L on the return, but read a review that the front rows have a little less room due to the plane curvature. Is it better to go for 4L, then? Or is it really not that different?
Old May 31, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by spycygrl
I
I'm in 2L on the return, but read a review that the front rows have a little less room due to the plane curvature. Is it better to go for 4L, then? Or is it really not that different?
The seats are more or less the same, it only makes a difference if you sit on an even or uneven seat, I prefer the uneven seats, they have better space for the feet, even seat are closer to the window. The throne seat is way overrated.

Last edited by Ed Size; May 31, 2018 at 7:40 am
Old May 31, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Ed Size
The seats are more or less the same, it only makes a difference if you sit on an even or uneven seat, I prefer the uneven seats, they have better space for the feet, uneven seat are closer to the window. The throne seat is way overrated.
Thanks, Ed.

I think I'm confused, though, because in the SeatGuru layout of the plane, it looks like the even seats are closer to the window than the uneven ones.
Old May 31, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by spycygrl
Thanks, Ed.

I think I'm confused, though, because in the SeatGuru layout of the plane, it looks like the even seats are closer to the window than the uneven ones.
You are absolutley right, that was a mistake, because I m not a native english speaker, so sometimes........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.