Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OH-LGG
To be updated for the new cabin interiors!

Current fleet and entry date & updated cabin:
  • OH-LTM: 2009-03-26, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTN: 2009-04-24
  • OH-LTO: 2009-05-15, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTP: 2009-06-18, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTR: 2009-12-18, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTS: 2010-02-11, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTT: 2010-04-15, new J & PE cabin
  • OH-LTU: 2010-11-26, new J & PE cabin

Seating (old cabin)
J/45 Y/218: Features 2 J cabins. 1 bird (LTN) has this config

Complete seatmap and layout of config 1 can be found here and config 2 is here.

Business Class (old cabin) features Vantage (built by Zodiac UK on license) full-flat bed seats in a staggered layout, alternating 2-2-1 and 1-2-1 abreast. Config1 has two business class cabins, row 1-7 and 8-10.
Preferred seats depends on your preferences. Some prefers minicabin for its smaller size, but beware that economy boards through the mini cabin and are seated immediately behind a thin wall after row 10.
Even A seats (2A/4A/6A/8A) enjoys 2 side tables and are nicknamed throne seats and are loved for their exclusive private feel by kids and adults. They do however have narrow footwells.
L seats are also single seats, with even rows (2L/4L/...) having the side table on the aisle side, making the seat slightly more private and odd rows (1L/3L/...) having side table on the window side making aisle access extremely easy (esp 1L) and better feet space.
All paired seats are good for couples travelling together. Do note that 1AC/3AC/5AC/7AC shares one side table, while DH seats each have their own side table.

Economy Comfort on A333 has similar seats as plain economy, but with a adjustable headrest and ≈4" inches more legroom. They also come with noise cancelling headphones, 1h internet, priority boarding and a small amenity kit.
Finnair platinums and OWE members can select these seats for free. (OWE must call to do so). Other passengers can buy comfort seats for a fee, and seats are also sold after boarding.
Economy comfort is row 21-25 on both configs, but due to effects when retrofitting the cabin, there are major differences in cabin layout.

To find best seat, you first need to identify what airplane you are on, which can be done by analysing your seat map as suggested in this post.

Economy Class features 2-4-2 abreast slimline seating with 32" pitch. The best seats are row 41 with most legroom on A/C/J/L, but do notice that 41D/H are baby bassinet seats.
These are either labled "extra legroom" or "exit row" in the seat map and are selectable with status or for a fee.
Economy cabin offers USB for charge - no AC outlets.

In-Flight Entertainment
You will have Bose noise-cancelling earphones in business class and in Economy comfort, and earplugs in economy class.

Wifi: All A333 have Wifi. To redeem free access if eligible, you will need to enter your surname and seat number on the login page, otherwise it costs you 7,95€ per hour, 11,95€ per three hours or 19,95€ for the whole flight. It may take some time until up in the air to get it started.

Print Wikipost

Finnair A330 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Back from ICN on the LTS. Wifi login is cumbersome - on my idevice I had to make changes to my Safari settings (in fact allowing everything) to get connected, After being offline for a while, relogin gave error message, that could be solved only with a voucher code, readily provided by the very friendly FA. Once wifi was working, I put in a worrying amount of work, deluging collegues'/customers' emails while they were still asleep

Login screen didn't mention anything about time limit.

The nice purser came by to chat and said they are introducing/piloting the same catering concept as on the A350 (plate service vs everthing on the tray) and she'd come back to ask for my opinions. My main issue was the speed (2,5 hrs) which she took seriously and said would forward "upwards" and said that the other Plat on board had the same remarks.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Back from ICN on the LTS. Wifi login is cumbersome - on my idevice I had to make changes to my Safari settings (in fact allowing everything) to get connected, ...
How did you realise you had to make changes? And what changes?

On LTN the other day, (using iphone) the connect button stayed disabled entire flight, while the onboard shopping portal was available. I assumed internet was broken.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
The connection button has stayed disabled in all of my recent flights but once I have visited onboard shop and sometimes added something to the shopping cart then it magically enables itself.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
What happened to me was that the message that the internet becomes available 20 minutes after take-off for the whole flight.

One interesting thing however, was that you could actually get to the Finnair webpage. Now where else. But the benefit was that I could fill in the customer feedback form during the flight. (This time AY compensated me with 5000 points within a couple of days for the inoperative internet connection.)

So the internet connection was working, but the portal to log in never became available.

This was on JFK-HEL on March 4.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
The new portal has some usability problems and they are obviously visible through this "available 20 minutes after take-off" message which is a fake and could stay there forever while Internet is already available.

Tricks which I have used:
1) Try another device, sometimes the challenge is focused on one device only
2) Go around the portal and try some other sections such as pre-order tax-free and customer service etc. Once visited those sections, jump directly back to the portal homepage and the connection might get enabled
3) Ask for the voucher and go to the URL which you have obviously bookmarked from the previous flights because you cannot access it otherwise (https://inflight.pacwisp.net/FINNAIR/). In there you cannot use name and seat number but you can use voucher code

Good that they have tested this extensively before rolling out - I wonder how good case is this for the company who proudly announced at the launch of Finnair A350 to be their partner to create next generation onboard IFE and Internet (incl. portal) experience. Considering the crash bug in the IFE, now this portal malfunction and all the little small things here and there then starts to look rather bad in my opinion.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I knew the connection was not broken, because the purser showed her own ipad that it worked, so I knew it must be something on my settings. She said, though, that at first she had the same issue.

What I did was to go the Safari settings and enabling everything that I have normally disabled - third party cookies, etc. After that the connect button was working.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Back from ICN on the LTS. Wifi login is cumbersome -
What wi-fi?
LTS is under wi-fi installation now in HKG and should be back in service on Friday 28APR.

And then, from that Friday, all 330's have wi-fi.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
They've also installed mood lighting to the A330's at the same time.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Minicabin

I'll fly HEL-CKG in two weeks in C on 330. Business class seems to be currently 2/3 empty. There's currently nobody sitting in the minicabin and all the seats are up for selection. I've never flown in that cabin and I'd like to give it a try. At the same time as I'm travelling with a friend, I would like to avoid us being thrown into some random seats this cabin suddenly becomes Y or completely blocked. Do you guys see this as a big risk? Anyhow, with the current load the risk of us not sitting together somewhere else in C should be small.

How's the service in the minicabin in case it ends up being half-full or even emptier? Is there a risk that we get a slower service due to getting everyhting only after the main business cabin has been served?

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Hi!

I'm taking the AY 330 in J for the first time JFK-HEL and return in a week or so. Traveling with a companion and we are currently 1 A/C both ways. The only other open together seats are in the middle rows D/H. We are traveling with a lap infant, so want to be out of the way. Does the light/noise from the galley become an issue in those seats? Would you move to D/H?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
With the new seating arrangement on Finnair's A330 I would not move to DH. Not because of galley disturbance but because the seats does not offer any benefits IMO. Technically, DH are both aisle seats, so that could be a benefit. But due to the staggered layout, the seats are offset with the aisles and especially 1DH is likely to get bumped into.

And as 2 toilets are located in the front of the cabin, both D and H is likely to get some disturbance from passengers passing through the curtains.

1AC is much more out of the way, but 1A will have to climb to get out. With the new seats, climbing is a rather elaborate task
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL GM
On the 330, which is the preferable choice? A Y seat in the front preferred section (not comfort) or exit row 41A/L? Also curious if anyone knows how much the exit door juts out. Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:51 am
odo

Originally Posted by intuition
With the new seating arrangement on Finnair's A330 I would not move to DH. Not because of galley disturbance but because the seats does not offer any benefits IMO. Technically, DH are both aisle seats, so that could be a benefit. But due to the staggered layout, the seats are offset with the aisles and especially 1DH is likely to get bumped into.

And as 2 toilets are located in the front of the cabin, both D and H is likely to get some disturbance from passengers passing through the curtains.

1AC is much more out of the way, but 1A will have to climb to get out. With the new seats, climbing is a rather elaborate task
On a side note; Why do we keep referring the current A330 configuration as new seats? There hasn't been any other configuration for years and even these are outgoing...not that I myself haven't made the same reference, but just thinking.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy
On the 330, which is the preferable choice? A Y seat in the front preferred section (not comfort) or exit row 41A/L? Also curious if anyone knows how much the exit door juts out. Thanks!
Exit door comes out a little bit, maybe 1/4 of legroom width. Furthermore, noise level is significantly higher than in eg 26A and light from toilets and toilet queue is sometimes extremely bothersome. I'd select 26A/etc unless you are 185cm+ in which case extra legroom is quite nice.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by odo
On a side note; Why do we keep referring the current A330 configuration as new seats? There hasn't been any other configuration for years and even these are outgoing...not that I myself haven't made the same reference, but just thinking.
Ah, you are absolutely right!
I guess the 2-2-2 is firmly attached to our memories. Let's wipe it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.