Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by mechu
Looking at economy flights between YYC and LHR and noticed that you can get finnair coded flights on the direct BA service for slightly more.

The fare options are light, standard, and flexible. Is standard the equivalent of value? Fare basis seems to be SKX3C2M5 and I dont see a VA or LI anywhere.
There are no light / value / pro tickets for trans-Atlantic flights. The way I read this fare basis means to me that your flight would likely book into "S booking class" and thus would earn 50%.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Hi guys,

do you have experience with asking a status match via plus.special at finnair.com email address?
What would be the expected turnaround?

I asked about matching a while back through the form, and was directed to write to this address, but I haven't had any reply in over 2 weeks now. Does that mean I'm not even important enough to be denied, or is that still being processed?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Hi guys,

do you have experience with asking a status match via plus.special at finnair.com email address?
What would be the expected turnaround?

I asked about matching a while back through the form, and was directed to write to this address, but I haven't had any reply in over 2 weeks now. Does that mean I'm not even important enough to be denied, or is that still being processed?
AY does not statusmatch under any circumstance unless you were trying to match as an ex-AB elite when that promo was on or taking advantage of the targeted offer to SK EB elites in Sweden.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
AY does not statusmatch under any circumstance unless you were trying to match as an ex-AB elite when that promo was on or taking advantage of the targeted offer to SK EB elites in Sweden.
Just FYI, the SK EB status match offer was for residents of all three Scandinavian countries.
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Superrman
Just FYI, the SK EB status match offer was for residents of all three Scandinavian countries.
Thanks for letting us know, when I saw a thread about it (can't remember where) the link was for the Swedish site which made me assume it's Sweden only.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:25 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
What? there was a SK match offer? i have been looking for a EBG for a while.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:33 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Nope, the other way around - AY offered match to existing EBG in Scandinavia a while ago.
Clydez likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:34 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
BTW, best way to EBG is to ask a Diamond for a gold-giweaway. (not that I've been successful so far, but look around your circle and there may be someone who have a card to spare)
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Nope, the other way around - AY offered match to existing EBG in Scandinavia a while ago.
I think the offer was for anyone with status actually, so even down to EB Silver.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by intuition
BTW, best way to EBG is to ask a Diamond for a gold-giweaway. (not that I've been successful so far, but look around your circle and there may be someone who have a card to spare)
yep, i have been looking for it. Can be exchanged with AY gold as well. Haven't been successful though.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

I think the offer was for anyone with status actually, so even down to EB Silver.
Ah, yes you are correct. All EB status members was given AY silver and a challenge to higher tier.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
My recent experience with this: emailed Finnair plus requesting a match from SK Silver, was granted it over email but my account didnt update.

Contacted AY via chat and was told theyd made a mistake - I couldnt have a status match because my accounts address was in Finland.

HOWEVER, the chat agent told me that if I had an address in another country, I could be matched. She changed my address to one I gave her from the UK (a legitimate address I might add) and told me to email AY+ again.

This time, I got a reply the next day saying my status match had been confirmed. My account in the AY app changed to silver right away.
ffay005 and Superrman like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Chokkoubin
My recent experience with this: emailed Finnair plus requesting a match from SK Silver, was granted it over email but my account didnt update.

Contacted AY via chat and was told theyd made a mistake - I couldnt have a status match because my accounts address was in Finland.

HOWEVER, the chat agent told me that if I had an address in another country, I could be matched. She changed my address to one I gave her from the UK (a legitimate address I might add) and told me to email AY+ again.

This time, I got a reply the next day saying my status match had been confirmed. My account in the AY app changed to silver right away.
Did the status match not require you to fly an AY flight first? It did for me, and was mentioned as a requirement on the promo website when it was active.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
Did the status match not require you to fly an AY flight first? It did for me, and was mentioned as a requirement on the promo website when it was active.
Sorry yes, it did have that requirement. I guess my account immediately updated as Id flown two AY flights between the time I was given a status match (which didnt work) and the time I contacted them again.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
Does anyone have a confirmation that booking Aurinkomatkat package trip and selecting business class seats gives you 16k points longhaul one way?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.