Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by SuloL
Seeking the advise of seasoned BUD heads! Doing a same plane turnaround in BUD in the future on 1251/2. The turnaround time seems to be 45 mins. The AY app displays arrival in T2A and departure from T2B. Anything I should worry about?
I do not know what that's about, but in BUD you will simply step out of the plane and do a 180-degree turn. Easy and safe.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by ff_flyer
Unofficial perk but has worked several times for me.
It's an official perk to have one guest as a Finnair Plat, but I don't think it's extended to OWE's.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by lkrt
It's an official perk to have one guest as a Finnair Plat, but I don't think it's extended to OWE's.
really? I have been turned away companion with ”fasttrack is strictly personal” comments
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:02 am

Helsinki-Vantaan lentoasemalla Finnair Plus Platinum- ja Gold -jäsenet voivat tuoda mukanaan Priority-turvatarkastuksen läpi alle 18-vuotiaat lapsensa ja yhden vieraan, mikäli he kaikki matkustavat Finnairin markkinoimalla lennolla.
Here in Finnish. Only applies to HEL.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Here in Finnish. Only applies to HEL.
This list is not entirely correct though. We have priority security at ZRH on AY tickets as OWE.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by florens
This list is not entirely correct though. We have priority security at ZRH on AY tickets as OWE.
I know, I was pointing out to the fact about Plats and Golds getting one guest for prio security at HEL. The list, though, is a mess, like it is too on the oneworld website.
florens likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I do not know what that's about,
If you have luggage, you will collect it at the baggage claim in T2A. The check-in counters for AY are in T2B. T2A and T2B share the same gates (just like T1 and T2 in HEL) so nothing to worry about on a same plane return.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
How flexible is Finnair in letting you give out your upgrade vouchers? I think the official stance is "family members", I have never had a problem upgrading my immediate family members. But what about others? I have a bunch of upgrade vouchers and would like to help some others. For example, my cousins (actual cousins, not "cousins", but different family name), do you have experience in letting Finnair use upgrade vouchers for them? What about a traveling companion? I know Finnair's official stance is "girlfriend is okay if we live together", but if it's just "girlfriend" on the same flight... Or just even friends?

Would appreciate any personal experience any of you might have about this. Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:00 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
You can use ug vouchers for anyone. AY doesn’t mention family members in the rules anymore. I have used them this year for family, friends and friends of friends.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
These days family is a fluid concept, so if AY removed it from the T&C, good. There is just no way to police it and attempts to do that would just cause so much bad blood.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Platinum benefit 10.000/50.000 points for return upgrade is still only for family members.

You can upgrade up to three family members from Economy Class to Business Class with your points to join you, when you have bought a Business Class ticket. The point charge for an intercontinental return flight is 50,000 points per person, and 10,000 point per person for return flights within Europe.
remymartin likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
These days family is a fluid concept, so if AY removed it from the T&C, good. .
If it was family, now it's close relatives and persons living same house.

• Upgrades can be used by Finnair Plus members, their close relatives or persons living in the same household.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:06 am

Newbie here

So the booking terms say "most restrictive terms apply for the ticket" -> does this mean that a return ticket with Light outbout and Value inbound renders the inbound segment actually non-changeable?

I would need such a ticket with flexibility on inbound, but outbound could be cheapest possible Light so saving euros there, but not sure. Anyone with experience in practice, or 100% know?

EDIT: in Finnish it says "
  • Jos hintoja yhdistetään, noudatetaan tiukinta peruutussääntöä."

Last edited by FFlash; Jan 7, 2019 at 2:18 am
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by FFlash
Newbie here

So the booking terms say "most restrictive terms apply for the ticket" -> does this mean that a return ticket with Light outbout and Value inbound renders the inbound segment actually non-changeable?

I would need such a ticket with flexibility on inbound, but outbound could be cheapest possible Light so saving euros there, but not sure. Anyone with experience in practice, or 100% know?
Not helping your query, but I find this one of the weirdest clauses on AY tickets if it is interpreted as it comes across. Why even provide the possibility to combine different fare classes for a return trip if you're making the rules based on the other.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by SuloL
Not helping your query, but I find this one of the weirdest clauses on AY tickets if it is interpreted as it comes across. Why even provide the possibility to combine different fare classes for a return trip if you're making the rules based on the other.
+1. And in this case, the difference between Light and Value is 23€ per segment. Gone are the times when the difference was only 5€ (THAT was "value for points")

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.