Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by temppa
Availability for low fare buckets for KUO-HEL leg has bee reduced for some reason, lowest available bucket is H. This wil drive the price up.

AY376 is even unavailable if you only try to book HEL - KUO - HEL.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Jainzar
AY376 is even unavailable if you only try to book HEL - KUO - HEL.
And that for a flight in April??

Guess what, just received another email. Price has risen AGAIN. We're at €564 return now, for a flight in April. Intra-Europe. ECONOMY. What a joke.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by EuroFlash

Guess what, just received another email. Price has risen AGAIN. We're at €564 return now, for a flight in April. Intra-Europe. ECONOMY. What a joke.
What's the problem? That's dynamic pricing. Why shouldn't the price increase as availability decreases? Where's the joke?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK

My company pays often for much higher value jokes. It is a valuable comedy where only final clap-clap is missing like on Tenerife flights. So boring comedy.
jmmi likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Price has risen AGAIN.
Someone bought the last remaining H bucket ticket, now availability is B and Y only. If someone buys the remainig three B tickets, price will increase some 60€ more. It's not a joke, why would Finnair sell tickets for less if there is demand for 600€ tickets?

Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Though if it gets this full already this far ahead, it probably makes even financial sense to upgauge the domestic legs and release more availability. There should be plenty of Embraer's ready to make an overnight in KUO that would otherwise spend the night in HEL (or even A319 if switching from N7 to AY is permitted).
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
What are all the fare basis code/booking class code for "VALUE" tickets?

is it booking class code "R"?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by supatight80

Finnair doesn't really have a consistent system where one booking class would only match to a single fare basis. Rather, the same fare code (e.g. Q) can be Light, Basic or Value. For instance, I recall having Value-tickets ticketed in O, R, T, L, Q etc.

For what's it worth, Value with booking code R seems to represent the best value, and they are not the easiest to find.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)

The fare basis code for value is, e.g., "XVA2FI" where X = booking class (R, Z, Q, O etc.), VA = Value and 2FI = rest of the fare basis (with FI referring to a fare with a departure from Finland in this case). The very same fare can be sold as a light ticket with the fare basis code "XLI2FI".
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2

Booking code R may be Light, Basic or Value. Only K, P, M and T are systematically Value.

Value ticket use a fare basis that start with xHVA, xLVA or xVA where x is the booking code.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
So how do these Junior awards work? If I want to book awards for me and a junior, do I log in with my own account and book an award for myself and a child? Will the Junior ’benefit’ kick in by entering the Junior Plus number somewhere? Or must the Junior Award points come from the Junior’s own account?

Maybe I don’t know how to search, but I feel I would need a similar redemption-thread as we have for upgrades.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by niksal
Will the Junior ’benefit’ kick in by entering the Junior Plus number somewhere? Or must the Junior Award points come from the Junior’s own account?
I am not sure what you mean with Junior "benefit". There is no discount for Juniors anymore since June.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I am not sure what you mean with Junior "benefit". There is no discount for Juniors anymore since June.
Exactly. When the junior discount was still in place, you had to call to book an award flight. Nowadays, there’s no difference, it’s 30k points intra-Europe for all and you can book online. The junior 20k awards were good value for money, used them very frequently... so didn’t like this enhancement.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Well, I had completely missed this enhancement. I even googled, and the caption when you google Finnair Junior still has the text of -50%, but of course actually opening the link doesn’t have that anymore.

Not a biggie, I just need to calculate whether I want to buy (LH) business awards for the family or if I want to buy a J ticket for myself, Y tickets for the family and then upgrade them using the plat perk. Don’t tell me that is gone as well?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by niksal
Not a biggie, I just need to calculate whether I want to buy (LH) business awards for the family or if I want to buy a J ticket for myself, Y tickets for the family and then upgrade them using the plat perk. Don’t tell me that is gone as well?
The family upgrade still exists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.