Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Old Aug 6, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by juhanh
How are points awarded for irrops, when replacement flights were on *A?
When your original flight is on AY (I haven't had any other case) then you can ask CS to do a ORC and they will hand it further to the right department. Points will usually be credited earliest 14 days after the original flight.
juhanh likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
I'm looking to take an acoustic guitar in a hardcase to HEL-SIN in J. I emailed CS asking if the FA's can put the guitar into a closet but I only received a copy-paste answer from the web pages (has to fit to overhead bins of under the seat (in J, really?)). I'm sitting in the minicabin as I have a friend in Y, thus limited overhead bins. I'm sure it wouldn't fit even if there was enough space... Any experiences?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
So how does ORC work when involuntarily rerouted onto another OW? Do they wipe the reroute points and add the original points? PEK-HEL AY Value rerouted to PEK-LHR-HEL BA S, I got just slight over half the points I should have.

And for the sake of curiosity, what happens if the original ticket is not on 105-stock even though the missed flight is marketed by AY?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Here's an excerpt from the Finnair Plus rules:
Points are granted for Finnair flights canceled or delayed for technical reasons (including reroutings made for the above-mentioned reasons) provided that the member has a ticket (AY code on the ticket) and a confirmed seat for the flight in question. In the event of force majeure, such as cancellation of a flight due to weather conditions or for other reasons beyond the control of Finnair, no points are granted. Neither are points granted when a rerouting has occurred due to force majeure or for other reasons beyond the control of Finnair. If a Finnair flight is delayed (due to force majeure or another reason) and if a member therefore misses a flight operated by a Finnair partner, no points are granted to the member for the partner airline’s flight.

If the flight is operated by an airline other than Finnair, no points are granted for a flight canceled or delayed for a technical reason (including reroutings made for the above-mentioned reasons). Neither are points granted if the flight is delayed or cancelled due to force majeure or for other reasons beyond the control of the a partner. Neither are points granted when a rerouting has occurred in the event of force majeure or for other reasons beyond the control of a partner. Changes made in these flights, such as reroutings or cancellations of flights, do not make the members eligible for Finnair Plus points under any circumstances.
Jainzar likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Does "AY code on ticket" mean "AY marketing code", "105-stock ticket", or the combination of both?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Does "AY code on ticket" mean "AY marketing code", "105-stock ticket", or the combination of both?
The Finnish version of the rules says "AY-tunnus lipussa" so I'd say it means AY marketing code.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by r2d2
Here's an excerpt from the Finnair Plus rules:
[...]
It is good to know though I experienced them not to stick exactly to these rules which was every time in my favor.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Originally Posted by Courmisch
So how does ORC work when involuntarily rerouted onto another OW? Do they wipe the reroute points and add the original points? PEK-HEL AY Value rerouted to PEK-LHR-HEL BA S, I got just slight over half the points I should have.

And for the sake of curiosity, what happens if the original ticket is not on 105-stock even though the missed flight is marketed by AY?
I was rerouted last summer from HEL-BKK-CMB (value ticket on AY codes) to HEL-LHR-CMB on UL due to a delay on HEL-BKK. ORC worked just fine, sent them an email and received the points in like a week. They wiped the reroute points and added the original points just as if I had travelled HEL-BKK-CMB.
Courmisch likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Unsub
I'm looking to take an acoustic guitar in a hardcase to HEL-SIN in J. I emailed CS asking if the FA's can put the guitar into a closet but I only received a copy-paste answer from the web pages (has to fit to overhead bins of under the seat (in J, really?)). I'm sitting in the minicabin as I have a friend in Y, thus limited overhead bins. I'm sure it wouldn't fit even if there was enough space... Any experiences?
I don't think there will be a problem. A guitar could be placed on top of any soft items and you could pad it with something soft.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
I’ve brought a painting in a frame and a Balinese temple door into the plane, as well as a half-meter seahorse from driftwood and other weird items. There’s always been a solution, both in Y and J. I’m sure a guitar in J will be fine and can be stored in the Y closet.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Happy to report, that points/segments for my irrop were posted yesterday with expected amounts.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
I recently visited OSL lounge and noticed there was also a Premium part. They did not proactively quite me (Platsku, travelling on Y class) there so I wonder is it really only for ”Business and First class only” as it was written in the sign (no mention about Emeralds). Anyway the ”normal side” of the lounge was nice as well. 😀
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by Tapio
I recently visited OSL lounge and noticed there was also a Premium part. They did not proactively quite me (Platsku, travelling on Y class) there so I wonder is it really only for ”Business and First class only” as it was written in the sign (no mention about Emeralds). Anyway the ”normal side” of the lounge was nice as well. 😀
AY Plat and Gold are allowed in Premium side. It closes earlier (at 7pm IIRC) than the other side. They have a bit better food and toilet inside.
Tapio likes this.

Last edited by lento; Aug 13, 2018 at 11:28 am
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'm looking at a HEL-BKK-HEL ticket that AY.com sells for €573. It's "Campaign" and AY.com tells me I earn 25 %. However, Matrix shows fare basis as R0PF2FI and booking code R, Economy Class Promotional Fares. According to the calculator on the AY site, R earns 50 % when there's no ticket type but 25 % when there's a ticket type.

However, usually campaign fares fall into W, which always earns 25 %, no matter whether there's a ticket type or not.

So how many points will I earn for this R Promotional, 25 % or 50 %?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005
I'm looking at a HEL-BKK-HEL ticket that AY.com sells for €573. It's "Campaign" and AY.com tells me I earn 25 %. However, Matrix shows fare basis as R0PF2FI and booking code R, Economy Class Promotional Fares.
So how many points will I earn for this R Promotional, 25 % or 50 %?

Fare family: ECOCMP so it's lovely 25%.
ffay005 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.