Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, LH, Accor, IHG, Scandic, Tallink
Well, positioning with Linda Line or Tallink Megastar would have been far too easy.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Where the *eck is the gift Gold card link again? I am searching at finnairshop where it should be, but I cannot find it!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Where the *eck is the gift Gold card link again? I am searching at finnairshop where it should be, but I cannot find it!
Found it. Front page "Welcome FFlash, choose a gift!" link. Is it me stupid how I did not guess that such a link would only lead to give-away gold page? Well well...
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:40 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It is super silly.
The give away card is listed as a benefit in your profile, but without any hints on how to use the benefit.
What if ... they just linked that text entry so you didn't have to guess and search for how to use it? Yeah, I know it is utopia.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:56 am

Actually I found it only by calling plat line, where they eloquently told me it is right in front of your eyes on front page! Yeah. "Lahja", = "Gift". Yeah. Very self-intuitive. I even tried to explain to the plat desk agent how they could improve this but she did not get the point but instead nicely repeated how it is nicely there on front page. Nowhere else.
"Hauki on kala", yeah, I am stupid according to Finnair measures.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Can you pre book your meal on European business flights?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Pack
Can you pre book your meal on European business flights?
Currently not unless you want to book a special meal (LCML,VGML,NLML etc.), AY Plats + other OWEs are always asked about their choice before serving other passengers.
Pack likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:24 am

Can I check my bag for a flight before flying the first segment of the ticket? I have an upcoming AY5 but will do a same plane turnaround at ARN before that, with the ARN-HEL leg connecting to HEL-JFK. I need to check a bag but would like to do so before doing the ARN round. Can anyone confirm if this is doable or do I have to go to ARN first?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by jmmi
Can I check my bag for a flight before flying the first segment of the ticket? I have an upcoming AY5 but will do a same plane turnaround at ARN before that, with the ARN-HEL leg connecting to HEL-JFK. I need to check a bag but would like to do so before doing the ARN round. Can anyone confirm if this is doable or do I have to go to ARN first?
I've done this a few times on EU-Asia itineraries, worked every time. Better mention to the check-in agent that you only want the bags onboard the long haul segment. Should be no problem. Short checking in the other direction could be more problematic, I presume.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by SuloL
I've done this a few times on EU-Asia itineraries, worked every time. Better mention to the check-in agent that you only want the bags onboard the long haul segment. Should be no problem. Short checking in the other direction could be more problematic, I presume.
Great, good to know, thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
What is the overhead bin space like on the Embraer 190? Judging by the pictures it doesn't look like a IATA size will fit? Flying in J so its a bit confusing since the carry on baggage allowance is two bags?

Last edited by Leaping_Deere; Dec 5, 2017 at 3:47 am
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Leaping_Deere
What is the overhead bin space like on the Embraer 190? Judging by the pictures it doesn't look like a IATA size will fit? Flying in J so its a bit confusing since the carry on baggage allowance is two bags?
It’s tight but will fit a bag in the AY dimensions.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:17 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Leaping_Deere
Originally Posted by lkrt
It’s tight but will fit a bag in the AY dimensions.
IME E90 does not accept AY full dimensions, but almost: it will fit a 56x40x25 bag. (very few bags has the 56x45x25 allowed by AY)

A soft bag is easier, as the bin lids are round and the height is limited in the back of the bin, so a rectangular bag might hit limitations in one dimension while space is plenty in other dimensions.

Two of the E90 carry-on threads can be found here.
Finnair Embraer 190 carry on space?
Overhead bin space on E90
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: Cathay, BA, UA
Hello there!

First post in this forum. I have just booked AY25 from HEL to P.Vallarta, Mexico in Jan, first ever time in A350 in AY, I am a OW Emerald from CX. I found out AY fly direct and it definitely worth me a try as I frequently visit PVR, worth to consider this route (hopefully AY will do it regularly in future so I can avoid US bound connection in and out, and AA nightmare..)

I was trying to search online, seemingly a lot of people recommend NOT to choose row 21 as it has reduced legroom (currently I have 21H pre-selected, 22J available, and I am 175 not over 180cm) how bad is it in the first row? It is a 12 hours flightI hope nothing can be worse than AA, BA or IB's Y seats and service...

Also, is it correct that AY follow the OW arrangement AY and AY separate tickets they won't link the baggage tag from separate tickets?

Many thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by diablo_josito
Hello there!

First post in this forum. I have just booked AY25 from HEL to P.Vallarta, Mexico in Jan, first ever time in A350 in AY, I am a OW Emerald from CX. I found out AY fly direct and it definitely worth me a try as I frequently visit PVR, worth to consider this route (hopefully AY will do it regularly in future so I can avoid US bound connection in and out, and AA nightmare..)

I was trying to search online, seemingly a lot of people recommend NOT to choose row 21 as it has reduced legroom (currently I have 21H pre-selected, 22J available, and I am 175 not over 180cm) how bad is it in the first row? It is a 12 hours flightI hope nothing can be worse than AA, BA or IB's Y seats and service...

Also, is it correct that AY follow the OW arrangement AY and AY separate tickets they won't link the baggage tag from separate tickets?

Many thanks!
The "reduced" legroom comes from the wall in front of you. But since you anyway have an Economy Comfort seat with extra legroom and you are not really tall I would say that there is plenty of room.

If you have two separate AY tickets there should be the policy to check through your luggage. Someone else might have more experience with the exact rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.