Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: AY+
How early can one check bags for AY62 @HND? The standard 3 hours? There is self service bag drop but apparently AY is not using it
Old Nov 21, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Since I took advantage of the promo Dec 2021 I don’t think this is true. I reviewed the write ups on the blogs and they don’t mention having to qualify on flights to get the vouchers. Anyone else confirm yes or no on getting these.
True, it doesn‘t need to be on flights, it can also be on points.

I assume he wanted to say something like this:
Originally Posted by Jainzar
There are two cases:

If you qualified at least in 2 consecutive qualification periods, you receive a new batch of vouchers at the beginning of the next period.

If you you qualified for the first time, you received the batch of vouchers immediately. Hence no new batch of vouchers at the beginning of the next period.

It used to be different, but this is how it is today.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
What is the best way to search for OW partner awards, JL, CX, BA, QF, in F?
Expertflyer works only with QF, so need to enroll in the other programs to see from them? I really dont trust AY it to have anything showing since they cant have own s*it together even (and cant choose F).
Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:29 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Jorma
What is the best way to search for OW partner awards, JL, CX, BA, QF, in F?
Expertflyer works only with QF, so need to enroll in the other programs to see from them? I really dont trust AY it to have anything showing since they cant have own s*it together even (and cant choose F).
You can make a BAEC account and use the BA search to look for all awards. I believe the award space on OW partner airlines should be the same as for AY+.
SPBanker likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 12:04 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The ”points pending” does not mean anything.
Fyfan likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 12:08 am

As a reference point for AY flights it usually takes 2-3 days to post but it can take longer. So if the points from the QF flight didn‘t post within of 2 weeks, I would fill out the form or ask CS.
Fyfan likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 2:11 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by lkrt
The ”points pending” does not mean anything.
Which is really sad, as I right now have the same flight 8 times in my points pending list..
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by lkrt
You can make a BAEC account and use the BA search to look for all awards. I believe the award space on OW partner airlines should be the same as for AY+.

Noticed Alaskan has a fairly good booking system to check for awards also. Alaska also offers award F LHR-LAX/SFO on days when BAEC doesnt offer to own members.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
Originally Posted by emulator
Yes, this is what I remembered. But after a month no points/segments whatsoever. Need to send an email then.

Got answer by email that I wasnt onboard in the bus and I need to send some proof that I was. But since theres nothing I can send and the bus driver didnt register me the segment is gone. Haha so stupid
Old Nov 22, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Got answer by email that I wasnt onboard in the bus and I need to send some proof that I was. But since theres nothing I can send and the bus driver didnt register me the segment is gone. Haha so stupid
So in future you need to take a time stamp selfie each time you take the bus
emulator likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
So in future you need to take a time stamp selfie each time you take the bus
oh oh. Somehow I guessed there will happen a case like this.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Ay+ Gold OWS
Originally Posted by FFlash
oh oh. Somehow I guessed there will happen a case like this.
Yes, next time selfie with driver.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 10:20 am

I recommend to take a brief look at the tablet when you say your name to see if your name is flagged green.

I am a little bit worried that one time the wrong name is selected. It would be great if they would allow to scan the bar/QR code.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
A little help please. Struggling to find the answer.

Booked EDI - HEL - EDI in January.

Finnair have changed the flight times by 10 minutes on each of the flights. Even though the ticket is Economy Lite, does this give us the ability to alter/cancel the flights due to a change in timings?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
No. The limit has been 60 min in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.