Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Why is this, out of curiosity?
The wing structure limits the height and depth of the locker, but only on lockers where the wing is directly above. All non-wing lockers are almost rectangular shape.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I have flown too much of these ATR's.
Standard AY size cabin bag will fit just by millimeters. Sometimes they ask to be put on cargo but I nicely refuse saying too much experience, I know what I am doing.
I avoid selecting rows 18-19 since you get a bad seat if you happen to be bumped to somewhere else in case the ATR assigned is the smaller one with last row 17. And there is no bin space in last rows. And the NoRRA crew has become nastier to accept any bags in the rear hold, forcing your bag under your seat or in cargo.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FFlash
I have flown too much of these ATR's.
Standard AY size cabin bag will fit just by millimeters. Sometimes they ask to be put on cargo but I nicely refuse saying too much experience, I know what I am doing.
I avoid selecting rows 18-19 since you get a bad seat if you happen to be bumped to somewhere else in case the ATR assigned is the smaller one with last row 17. And there is no bin space in last rows. And the NoRRA crew has become nastier to accept any bags in the rear hold, forcing your bag under your seat or in cargo.
Thanks for this tip!
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
My first year with AY+

Hi guys and experts!

After 7 months flying OW, im now AY+ Gold. Do you know how long we get the card (to North America)?

And do we also get AY+ Gold Luggage tags?

Thanks!

Last edited by supatight80; Mar 3, 2017 at 9:02 am
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by supatight80
Hi guys and experts!

After 7 flying OW, im now AY+ Gold. Do you know how long we get the card (to North America)?

And do we also get AY+ Gold Luggage tags?

Thanks!
You do get a luggage tag, yes. I'd expect three weeks to NA.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:28 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by supatight80
Hi guys and experts!

After 7 flying OW, im now AY+ Gold. Do you know how long we get the card (to North America)?
Congratulations!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:36 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Looking for a holiday near INN, and Aurinkomatkat package trip is cheaper than booking flights & hotel separately.

Any idea in which ticket type these flights book into? Trying to figure out the amount of tier points...
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by HJP
Looking for a holiday near INN, and Aurinkomatkat package trip is cheaper than booking flights & hotel separately.

Any idea in which ticket type these flights book into? Trying to figure out the amount of tier points...
Most likely in A or W if you buy the AM package => earning a generous 1000+ tier points for a return trip.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Could someone please suggest if it is worth spending 15000 points for economy comfort seat on HEL-DEL flight ?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by lento
Could someone please suggest if it is worth spending 15000 points for economy comfort seat on HEL-DEL flight ?
I don't think so.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by lento
I might do that only if the points were about to expire and I didn't have anything else to use them for. If that was not the case and I still wanted the comfort seat, I would pay cash for it. (Same applies to extra bags, meals, etc.)
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Thanks. I am not too tall anyway
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by jmmi
I might do that only if the points were about to expire and I didn't have anything else to use them for. If that was not the case and I still wanted the comfort seat, I would pay cash for it. (Same applies to extra bags, meals, etc.)
+1
Pay cash 85€ if you want economy comfort and use 15000 points for 2 X EU upgrades which are on sale right now if you have orphaned or expiring points.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ff_flyer
+1
Pay cash 85€ if you want economy comfort and use 15000 points for 2 X EU upgrades which are on sale right now if you have orphaned or expiring points.
Or €60 as DEL is one of the "short" long haul flights.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I've booked in the summer a HEL-KTT flight and now noticed the number AY 4559. I've never encounter 4-series before. What are those? According to the Finnair Plus webpage, those don't even earn points?

Booked via AY's own page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.