Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE)
Question about re-qualifying for Gold: If I reach the 80.000 tier points say 2 months before the tracking period ends, do I get the 4 SH upgrade vouchers at the beginning of the new tracking period...or do I get them right after making the limit?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:15 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Re-qualification only happens at membership year end. So yes, you will get the 4SH vouchers at the beginning of the next tracking period.

Tier-upgrade is done as soon as you pass the tier threshold, so going from silver to gold 2 months ahead of end-of-year results in 4SH vouchers immediately.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
It looks like I might get to 200k close to the end of the tracking period.

Does anyone know if the potential 200k SH UGs will expire during the current tracking period (which at that point would have maybe one month remaining) or are they valid for a longer time?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:21 pm

And LT G is today within 8k points for me...
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Aviating
It looks like I might get to 200k close to the end of the tracking period.

Does anyone know if the potential 200k SH UGs will expire during the current tracking period (which at that point would have maybe one month remaining) or are they valid for a longer time?
IIRC they will be valid for the new tracking period, but in case they are valid within the old one you can use them on travel past their expiration date before they expire.

And LT G is today within 8k points for me...
Do let us know if you receive the 4 vouchers every year for being LTG without flying a single mile.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
You get to choose whether you want 4 SH upgrades or 40,000 points, so it should be a no-brainer to choose the points as they do not expire while you're Plat.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Do let us know if you receive the 4 vouchers every year for being LTG without flying a single mile.
With the current trajectory that will not happen for some years. Likely staying at Plat for the coming years...
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
You get to choose whether you want 4 SH upgrades or 40,000 points, so it should be a no-brainer to choose the points as they do not expire while you're Plat.
Well, 4 SH UGs can be used as 1 LH UG, so thats worth 50k. If they are valid for more than one month, it is easy choice. If not the choice is easy too...

Maybe it is best to ask the FP CS if I reach the threshold...
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:54 pm

Well, 4 SH UGs can be used as 1 LH UG, so thats worth 50k. If they are valid for more than one month, it is easy choice. If not the choice is easy too...

Maybe it is best to ask the FP CS if I reach the threshold...
Well yes, if used for LH voucher, it's a different case (but thought this was already covered as the choices actually are: 40,000 points, 4 SH upgrades or 1 LH upgrade)
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
IIRC they will be valid for the new tracking period, but in case they are valid within the old one you can use them on travel past their expiration date before they expire.
AFAIK they will expire when your current period ends. If you cross 200k threshold eg. 1 month before period ends, you have only one month to use vouchers. Thus points are usually better idea.

Imo it is really stupid and I have selected points for that reason.

However, as noted, they can be used for upcoming travel past their expiration date.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:51 am
R2

Originally Posted by lkrt
Well yes, if used for LH voucher, it's a different case (but thought this was already covered as the choices actually are: 40,000 points, 4 SH upgrades or 1 LH upgrade)
When I got this 200k milestone gift a couple of weeks ago, there was no LH upgrade option.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by R2
When I got this 200k milestone gift a couple of weeks ago, there was no LH upgrade option.
Oh, whoops. I got it too at the same time and could've sworn there was a LH option, but now that I've checked, I'm wrong. Sorry.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:25 am

Upgrade offers on AA stock

I'm booked on a March AY JFK-HEL flight. My first Finnair flight It's ticketed by AA. I put in my recently obtained AY FF number (no status).

With this being ticketed through AA, is there a possibility that I receive one of the upgrade offers? Or do those offered, when available, only go to those that booked through Finnair?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by bambikatz
With this being ticketed through AA, is there a possibility that I receive one of the upgrade offers? Or do those offered, when available, only go to those that booked through Finnair?
You won't receive an offer via e-mail and you won't be able to bid for an upgrade via MMB either.

However, you may be able to purchase an upgrade for "promotional price" at check-in at JFK.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Just booked 2 AA 12.5k award tickets on AY857 HEL-ZRH, as an OW Sapphire will I be able to call to get seats n/c; also I have never flown AY, how does boarding go - First, Emerald, then us?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.