Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Just wondering: would anyone have any idea why Business Class HEL-Fukuoka is entirely sold out on 13 June? Over a hundred days to go and aready no more business tickets being sold? Just like any other Saturday to Fukuoka in June....
Are they selling Y? Probably they will axe the flight.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by deissi
Are they selling Y? Probably they will axe the flight.
They are indeed selling Y. I just can't believe they ran out of J seats for every Saturday in June so far ahead. They might be axing it indeed (keeping corona in mind?)... but then again; then why would they still be selling Y. Strange.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:08 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold

It’s quite heavily booked over 3 months out but as Y is wide open (X9) this cannot be over booking case either...something strange or a group booking in J without seat reservations (I doubt..).
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Seyan
Just a question: AY is currently promoting flights to and from Japan. When booking, there is the possibility to book code share (= AY labelled flights) or to book operated (= JL labelled flights).
A few years ago I already booked code share in Y and a few weeks before the flight I got an email from AY:
"Finnair's sales quota is exceeded on Japan Airlines flight.
Unfortunately we have to reroute you via Helsinki."

Even though I booked the flights a few moths in advance.

So my question is now: when I'm booking in C (AY labelled but JL operated), is there any possibility that AY will reroute me again? The difference between fully code share and non-code share is ~450€.
I can only assume you were not supposed to fly JL HEL-NRT, but another route. What you describe sounds unlikely to happen again, but out of interest which route did you mean?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:58 pm

Programs: JMB
Originally Posted by remymartin
I can only assume you were not supposed to fly JL HEL-NRT, but another route. What you describe sounds unlikely to happen again, but out of interest which route did you mean?
I'm talking about FRA-NRT and back.
The described case a few years ago was the same (NRT-FRA); we were rerouted to NRT-HEL-FRA instead.
But in C I suspect they won't sell more spots than available
remymartin likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Originally Posted by Seyan
I'm talking about FRA-NRT and back.
The described case a few years ago was the same (NRT-FRA); we were rerouted to NRT-HEL-FRA instead.
But in C I suspect they won't sell more spots than available
Did they pay you EC261 compensation?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: JMB
Originally Posted by deissi
Did they pay you EC261 compensation?
I got the info about the rerouting six weeks before the flight so EC261 did not apply (I suppose). But they offered us 200€ per ticket as compensation (very fair imho).
remymartin likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
And likely more points
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:34 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by ffay005
Please let us/me know how it worked out for you at MIA. I will be flying from JFK.
No issue today at MIA.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:54 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
So, I have a Japan holiday trip coming up in June. My flight KIX-HEL got cancelled which means I am entitled to a full refund of the ticket (thanks for the tip.. I think it was ffay). I need some advice regarding this cancellation.

I am not sure if I'd want to travel at all because of the coronavirus outbreak. I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy it under the current conditions. However it's a bit early to make this decision I think. What to do in this case? Is it wise to just leave the cancellation open, and not respond to Finnair's proposal for rebooking? Does it have any complications to leave that open? Or is it ''safer'' for some kind of reason to request a full refund now, and get all my money back. I was wondering what's the best to do here.

What would you do, any why?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:00 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
If the ticket wasn’t particularly cheap I’d take money back and book later when things are clear. Prices are not going to go higher anytime soon. Less to think/worry and would free up your mind thinking / speculating about something that nobody knows with any level of certainty at this point.
SPBanker and remymartin like this.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Silver
Baggage Allowance for Oneworld Sapphire

I'm BA Silver (OW Sapphire) and booked a ticket from CDG - Haneda on Finnair. Fare basis NLN0G6B7 for 5 flights, including the 3rd flight on JAL from Chitose to Haneda. Purchased the ticket on expedia, and AFAIK this is an 'economy light fare'. Seats were auto-assigned, but it's showing 0 checked bag allowance. Is this like BAs 'economy light' fare where there is no checked bag allowance, even if you have Oneworld status? I know Finnair's page says sapphires get an additional bag, but that doesn't always apply for basic fares. Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by rtwbrad
I'm BA Silver (OW Sapphire) and booked a ticket from CDG - Haneda on Finnair. Fare basis NLN0G6B7 for 5 flights, including the 3rd flight on JAL from Chitose to Haneda. Purchased the ticket on expedia, and AFAIK this is an 'economy light fare'. Seats were auto-assigned, but it's showing 0 checked bag allowance. Is this like BAs 'economy light' fare where there is no checked bag allowance, even if you have Oneworld status? I know Finnair's page says sapphires get an additional bag, but that doesn't always apply for basic fares. Thanks!
No issues with one bag on your fare.
rtwbrad likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: AY+Plat
I had to cancel my next week's flight which I had upgraded using voucher. Do I need to request for the voucher back or will it automatically return to my account ?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by lento
I had to cancel my next week's flight which I had upgraded using voucher. Do I need to request for the voucher back or will it automatically return to my account ?
I called to CS, it was made easily. However, according to Janica, the vouchers will not be automatically returned.
lento likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.