Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:26 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
You earn based on kilometres, so the earning on JL is slightly less.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
deleted
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by reflektia
JAL has over 9000% better business class on HEL-NRT route. Only small cosmetic error is free wifi for emeralds.

Dunno about earnings, but even with 7849 it should be around the same (7849 vs 8000, rest of the multipliers are the same).
better, soft or hard product?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
better, soft or hard product?
I'd say both. IIRC they have apex as hard product and well..finnish vs. japanese customer service is not really a competition.
intuition likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by reflektia
JAL has over 9000% better business class on HEL-NRT route. Only small cosmetic error is free wifi for emeralds.
I have only flown that route once on JAL and it was a few years ago but in my opinion AY is the clear winner. Just for starters the 2-2-2 seating is a disappointment. I didn't notice anything that would have been better than AY. What made you enjoy it more?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
I have only flown that route once on JAL and it was a few years ago but in my opinion AY is the clear winner. Just for starters the 2-2-2 seating is a disappointment. I didn't notice anything that would have been better than AY. What made you enjoy it more?
Basically unlimited leg space and very private "cell" in window seats. Also proper extra mattress for sleeping.

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/aircraft/conf/789.html configuration E71 is quite good imo. Other ones not so much.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by Furry
It seems to be universal and not related to availability of lower booking classes. I tried dummy routes for all US routes (even dailies) and if you don't choose the direct connection via HEL on return it books into M or something really expensive if you want the XXX-HEL flight. You can still do multi-city if you do the return for example through LHR at a "decent" price. Probably they have closed the loop-hole for most ex-ARN'rs Too bad I really need that this time. Let's hope it's just a bug and will be fixed in the coming weeks or I'll need to seek for other options outside OW.
Expedia was able to sell this to me at the identical price, but only when return TATL flight was AA coded op by AY. Not a biggie since I was not planning to UG it anyway. Only missing few points + potential codeshare "issues" in-flight (seat selection to Eco Comfort already solved via AY CS).
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
then you are good to go.
All tourists go min 1 hour before to the airport and are cleared already once you arrive last minute.
Savvy idiot tracks incoming aircraft on Flightradar24 and arrives only 20mins before departure to domestic small airport and finds checkin and security deserted and walks directly to gate open.
But what about the closed security checkpoint?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is there a thread some where that gives details of food served on european flights in J?

I am interested in what I might get offered on the 18:10 LHR - HEL flight.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:56 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Agent69
Is there a thread some where that gives details of food served on european flights in J?

I am interested in what I might get offered on the 18:10 LHR - HEL flight.
Last week the options were salmon lasagna or chicken with lentils and Indian spices. The starter was reindeer mousse and dessert carrot cake.

And here's the thread.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: AY+
Hi guys,

Not sure if this has already been discussed somewhere (I've a somewhat hazy memory of this being the case), but here goes.. I was wondering if there is a limit for times a FF can "close the gap" between tiers by exchanging points per tracking period?

Just realized it's quite possible for me to reach Platsku this way Not sure if it's worth it though, as most of my travel takes place within the EU with 1-2 longhauls per year...

-Olpe
Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Online only once, but phone agents should be able to process additional times, I think.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt
Last week the options were salmon lasagna or chicken with lentils and Indian spices. The starter was reindeer mousse and dessert carrot cake.

And here's the thread.
Thanks, but think I might give anything reindeer orientated a miss
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:45 pm

Hi all

I am looking at flights from HEL to KTT on AY in early November 2020. AY639

I am an OWE through Qantas and Qantas tells me there is no award availability. Checking the BA website tells me the same.

I have a lot of Qantas points but Qantas tells me they don't codeshare on this route so I cant use my Qantas points to pay for the flight, cash fare only.

I tried to check the AY website but it says I don't have enough points without telling me how many points this would need.

So a few questions
  • How many points is this route on the AY website?
  • Is there any way i can use my QF points for this route?
  • I have a lot of Amex MR points but dont see AY as a transfer partner. Is there a way i can transfer these points "somewhere" to use with AY

Thankyou
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:09 pm

Programs: BA GfL
RT fare HEL-KTT is roughly A$315. If you use your QF points, you'll probably end up paying A$150 in taxes and surcharges, so not worth the trouble. Personally I use my points (albeit BA) for hotels because of the outrageous charges. To use AX MR, call AX travel office and book your flight. When you get your monthly bill, pay the airfare with MR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.