Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP. HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ffay005
In summer, you could try DFW-ORD-HEL. AY has a daily JFK-HEL, but I think AA stopped serving the DFW-JFK route and fly to LGA instead.
I looked at JFK. Mainly I picked LAX due to less chance of weather issues and it was less expensive. I will keep those in mind too in the future. I am just happy I might not need to step foot in LHR again unless I am actually going to London.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:25 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
You can check this thread: Best OW lounge in BKK?
Thanks, could not find it with search. JL it is then.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Tried searching but found old threads only. (might be my skill with search)
Intown checkin still operates all day before the 00:45 AY100 HKG departure?
AY has a minimal footnote on it their website and HK mrt web is made by kidergarteners with a link to pdf with phone#.
Im in Macau and trying to figure out what to do after checkout and gambling all my money.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by Jorma
AY has a minimal footnote on it their website and HK mrt web is made by kidergarteners with a link to pdf with phone#.
Im in Macau and trying to figure out what to do after checkout and gambling all my money.
That's correct, AY100 is fine (check in for AY102 the night before doesn't work). However, in-town check in is often among the first to be suspended in the event of protests in that area and affecting the MTR network, so that's something to keep in mind.

You can also take a ferry from Macau straight to HKG airport, although I believe the frequencies have been slightly reduced as of late.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by SuloL
That's correct, AY100 is fine (check in for AY102 the night before doesn't work). However, in-town check in is often among the first to be suspended in the event of protests in that area and affecting the MTR network, so that's something to keep in mind.

You can also take a ferry from Macau straight to HKG airport, although I believe the frequencies have been slightly reduced as of late.
Yes. I did look into taking ferry direct to hkia, but last from Macau leaves 19:30 or so, and thats 4 hours of time to spend in Macau after checkout and few hours with bags at the airport.
Earlier ferries would just mean alot of time to kill at the airport with luggage.

Any idea is there walkway or something from the ferry terminal to Hong Kong station?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Yes. I did look into taking ferry direct to hkia, but last from Macau leaves 19:30 or so, and thats 4 hours of time to spend in Macau after checkout and few hours with bags at the airport.
Earlier ferries would just mean alot of time to kill at the airport with luggage.

Any idea is there walkway or something from the ferry terminal to Hong Kong station?
If you take the ferry to the HK Macau Ferry Terminal in Shun Tak Centre (in Sheung Wan), there's a covered outdoor walkway connecting you to IFC Mall, which houses the Airport Express Station / In-town Check in.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:12 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
AY does not promote the service. However, MRT does. Here is official page, with a linked document indicating in red which airlines that has day-before-checkin. I'm attaching that pdf too if it suddenly disappears.
MTR > Privileges and Complimentary Services
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
itci.pdf (43.8 KB, 24 views)
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
By HKG station, you mean central?
That ferry lands at HK Macau ferry terminal near Sheung Wan. It is a bit to walk, but you can go to central ferry pier and from there reach Central on walkways.

There is a Macau-Kowloon ferry, that lands at China ferry terminal south of Kowloon west. It is not that far, but this area has had major construction work for several years. If you can reach kowloon west there is a walkway from there to Elements shopping mall and the Airport express is in the basement of that mall. Not a good route if you have bags. Elevator situation at Elements is terrible.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Are the higher status perks also extended after membership year or are they cut off immediately?
I will not requalify Plat but will, without soft landing, qualify for gold. My plat card is valid until 03/20, so in case I visit i.e. lounges in February, am I eligible for Plat or gold lounges?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:44 am

ARN and snus. Any info on prices/availability in T2?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, LH, Accor, IHG, Scandic, Tallink
Yes, it's available. The Duty Free Store in Terminal 2 seems to have a wide range of this "Swedish delicacy". Unfortunately I have no idea of the prices.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Which brand / product are you interested in? There’s mainly Göteborg, General and Skruf available.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
Which brand / product are you interested in? There’s mainly Göteborg, General and Skruf available.
Its for a friend, ive stopped using 6 years ago
If my memory serves me correct, its General that he would be after. Portion and extra strong would be the other affixes. Skruf works also i think.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Its for a friend, ive stopped using 6 years ago
If my memory serves me correct, its General that he would be after. Portion and extra strong would be the other affixes. Skruf works also i think.
Catch XR - 339
Göteborg's Rapé - 499
Skruf - 499
General G.3 Extra Strong (5 packs) - 269
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Are the higher status perks also extended after membership year or are they cut off immediately?
I will not requalify Plat but will, without soft landing, qualify for gold. My plat card is valid until 03/20, so in case I visit i.e. lounges in February, am I eligible for Plat or gold lounges?
I believe the validity of the physical card is longer than the actual tracking period to give time to receive the new one. But tier benefits will only correspond to the actual tier, regardless of what colour of plastic card you still have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.