Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Old Nov 10, 19, 6:19 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Clydez View Post
Don't forget to add alcohol in it. XD
Gløgg/Glögi without alcohol is like priority boarding with bus gate. Why even bother?
ffay005, mhle, florens and 12 others like this.
Old Nov 10, 19, 1:54 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE), *A Silver
Originally Posted by Superrman View Post
Gløgg/Glögi without alcohol is like priority boarding with bus gate. Why even bother?
Still laughing!
florens likes this.
Old Nov 11, 19, 1:17 am
HMN

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum
Originally Posted by ffay005 View Post
AY Gold, AY Silver and two basic members. Will everyone be allowed through priority security at HEL?
Nope, basic members can't use the prio security.
Old Nov 11, 19, 2:03 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
Nope, basic members can't use the prio security.
The only exception to this being that in HEL (not other airports), a Plat/Gold member can bring a guest. A silver member can't, so unfortunately one of the basic members would have to use the normal security queue.

At Helsinki Airport, Finnair Plus Platinum and Gold members may also bring children under 18 years of age and a guest through the Priority Security Lane, provided that they are all travelling on a Finnair marketed flight.
Old Nov 11, 19, 2:10 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN*, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Flyingfin View Post
Thank you for your reply! I decided to take last flights TLL-HEL-CAN-HEL-TLL in J-class in order to receive good amount of points.Do you think this is a good idea?
If you have a visa for China, yes.
Old Nov 11, 19, 2:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by deissi View Post
The only exception to this being that in HEL (not other airports), a Plat/Gold member can bring a guest. A silver member can't, so unfortunately one of the basic members would have to use the normal security queue.

At Helsinki Airport, Finnair Plus Platinum and Gold members may also bring children under 18 years of age and a guest through the Priority Security Lane, provided that they are all travelling on a Finnair marketed flight.
Thanks, so it's one guest only! I'll suggest to the party that they try to go through, as two will have prio anyway and one can be guested. I'd assume the agent won't send the fourth person to another queue.
Old Nov 11, 19, 2:57 am

Hi there, newbie to the Finnair flights so want to ask, I've bought Finnair Lounge Access at Helsinki from LHR to HKG, but anyone know which lounge they want me to go to? The Schengen side or the non Schengen side?

Another question is which lounge is better to hop in if you can only pick one at Helsinki Airport, the Plaza Premium Lounge or the Finnair Lounge?

Many thanks!
Old Nov 11, 19, 3:32 am

Both LHR and HKG are non-Schengen, and you will not be leaving the non-Schengen side.
Old Nov 11, 19, 3:44 am

Nice! Thank you! So I guess its that new lounge Finnair has on the non-Schengen side?
Old Nov 11, 19, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac King of Coffee, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by axelk88 View Post
Hi there, newbie to the Finnair flights so want to ask, I've bought Finnair Lounge Access at Helsinki from LHR to HKG, but anyone know which lounge they want me to go to? The Schengen side or the non Schengen side?

Another question is which lounge is better to hop in if you can only pick one at Helsinki Airport, the Plaza Premium Lounge or the Finnair Lounge?

Many thanks!
Originally Posted by axelk88 View Post
Nice! Thank you! So I guess its that new lounge Finnair has on the non-Schengen side?
If you are OWE then you can visit the new Platinum Wing, if not you can use the regular AY Business Lounge. If you don't have OWE then I'd rather take the Plaza Premium as the AY J Lounge is still under renovation.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finn...w-open-32.html
Old Nov 11, 19, 1:14 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
What alcohol do you add into prepackaged Glogi? Just more wine?
Old Nov 11, 19, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
Vodka.

There are basically two kinds of glögi. One is mulled wine, and contains alcohol by default. If you overheat it, the alcohol vaporizes. The other, probably the more usual one, is basically grape juice with spices and is sold in all supermarkets in 1 litre cartons. You heat it up and add desired amount of Koskenkorva or your vodka of choice.
Superrman likes this.
Old Nov 11, 19, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The latter being more fitting for kalsarikännit I presume.
Mulled wine type is perfectly fine IMHO
Old Nov 11, 19, 1:55 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
Potato salad, also known as vodka. Some "fancier" souls have been known to use rum or cognac, but I am a simple man.
vanaema78 and travelmoments like this.
Old Nov 11, 19, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Potato salad, also known as vodka. Some "fancier" souls have been known to use rum or cognac, but I am a simple man.
So our salad menu expands:

Green salad
Fruit salad
Potato salad (private note - it's an abomination to make vodka from potatoes. Only from cereals (grains)!)
intuition and travelmoments like this.

Search this Thread