Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by adrs
A quick question.
Unfortunately after the trick of earning 100% of AY miles when flying cheap AA HKG-LAX fares in economy.. the time of AY Platinum is over today. AY Gold from tomorrow. However my plastic card says that I am Platinum until 2018 December.
How does it work in reality? From Oneworld systemwide policy if there is such - how often they update the frequent flyer data between the members?

Situation that I have now - will be departing from MEL on Qantas in the end of December. I wonder will I be treated as OWE or OWS. Seats is fine as I have pre-assigned them already as OWE. However the interesting question is as to which lounge I will be directed. Will my boarding pass state OWS (as per my new status) or until end of December I will be OWE in the systems?

Anyone experienced that?
In the worst case, you might be asked to pay for your OWE seat as they will see OWS during checkin, or you might be bumped. There are people who have told about that earlier.

Sad for you, also for me. I am also sliding down from AY Plat. Too little AY flights and too many on the dark side. I can report then about soft-land. My flights are not even requal'ing me to Gold I am already trembling, losing control of my life!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I couldn’t get an understandable answer from CS, so lets try here. I’m flying DXB-HEL. I would like to pre-order from the sky bistro a poboy. That is not possible, since I can preorder from Nordic Bistro a warm meal? What kind of logic is that?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Was it so that at 200k/300k/400k tier points, each time you receive 50k award points as an extra treat?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005
Was it so that at 200k/300k/400k tier points, each time you receive 50k award points as an extra treat?
200k was 40000 awards.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:05 am

Okay, thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
200k was 40000 awards.
Any 100K reward?
And do those have to be achieved within a 1 tracking period? Or is it some sort of an all-time count?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Any 100K reward?
Negative.
And it's all within trackin period.

This is from e-mail they send:
Olet kerännyt seurantajaksosi aikana yli 200 000 tasopistettä. Olet siis jo varmistanut Platinum-jäsenyytesi jatkumisen.

Haluamme kiittää sinua kanta-asiakkuudestasi tarjoamalla lisäetuna lahjan, jonka voit valita alla olevan linkin kautta.

Palkitsemme uskollisia asiakkaitamme tasopisteiden kerryttämisestä ja seuraava palkitsemisvaihe osuu kohdallesi, kun olet kerännyt yli 300 000 tasopistettä.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
200k was 40000 awards.
This reminds me, what is the point of them offering 4 upgrade vouchers as one of the possible choices for awards? To me it seems like there are literally only downsides. Vouchers will expire in a year, and can only be used for upgrades. Meanwhile 40k points is the equivalent of 4 upgrade vouchers, don't expire, and can be used for other things as well. Did I forget something here?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:59 am

4 vouchers equal one longhaul voucher, which equals 50k. So if you want to upgrade a longhaul flight, then this makes sense.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: JMB
Maybe my question in the other thread got lost... so try it again
Does anyone know when the long haul business menus will be updated for the time after November the 20th? My flight is on the 22th...
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Seyan
Maybe my question in the other thread got lost... so try it again
Does anyone know when the long haul business menus will be updated for the time after November the 20th? My flight is on the 22th...
Approximately 10-15 days before the change which is about right now.
AY Webpages are not always updated very quickly and can contain incorrect or outdated information.
Can you see the menu in MMB, it is well hidden in the meal selection menu?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: JMB
I'm checking the menu by following the link in this thread:
Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:16 am

4 vouchers equal one longhaul voucher, which equals 50k. So if you want to upgrade a longhaul flight, then this makes sense.
I got reminded of this when you replied in the other thread. One thing you can also do with vouchers that you can't do with points is upgrade an award Y flight, if I understood correctly?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:42 am

Yes, that is correct.

I have also been offered (by phone rep) to be charged Y award amount + vouchers for a J award, so you apparently don’t need to go step by step, book first and then upgrade, but can book a J award with a combo of points and vouchers.
esledo likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:08 am

Yes, that is correct.

I have also been offered (by phone rep) to be charged Y award amount + vouchers for a J award, so you apparently don’t need to go step by step, book first and then upgrade, but can book a J award with a combo of points and vouchers.
Hmmm. So basically, a safe guaranteed J using only Y amounts of award points? That would be quite handy for those otherwise mostly useless LH vouchers. That's good to know for when I'm not on a miles collecting run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.