Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Yes, should be possible, I actually did the same. Call and hope for a good agent. Or maybe your friend should call, as it is his vouchers that would be used.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I was actually thinking that I would call first and explain what we want to do and ask them to make a note in the booking, and then have my friend call later to actually process the change of instrument.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:33 am

I have been trying to joint Finnair Plus through their website but unfortunately it is not accepting any password that I tried to create. It keeps coming up with the error message "Please make sure your password does not contain your first name, middle name, family name or Finnair Plus membership number" which it doesn't. I've spoken to their UK customer service agent twice, contacted them via webchat and sent email to them at [email protected]over the last week but the problem remains unresolved. What else can I do to get this sorted?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:44 am

I need to go to Shanghai the week after the national day festivity week. The Shanghai flight was full. I ended up buying a ticket to Hongkong. Is a destination change possible with fare class C?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
In general, "changeable tickets" with Finnair means you are allowed to change date but not destination. YMMV, so you need to check the the exact fare rules.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I am OWS on AAnother OW carrier. Planning a trip for 5 to JFK-HEL-RVN on AY. Considering Economy Basic fares vs Economy Value, with a savings of about $400. Wondering what my OW status will impart on AY, in terms of both seat assignments and checked baggage allowance, to determine whether the savings on Basic are "worth it". Appreciate any insights. Kiitos..
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Checked luggage - same treatment on both. As OWS you get a second checked luggage for free (I think for the OWS member only, not everyone on the same booking)

The "premium" eco seats are for money even for AY's own Golds (=OWS)

I haven't looked int the earning chart of AA, but they go by fare bucket (ie. letters) so you'd need to check the earnings for each specific option.

I'd take (not spend) the $400.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Planning a trip for 5 to JFK-HEL-RVN on AY. Considering Economy Basic fares vs Economy Value, with a savings of about $400. .
Where You can buy Eco Basic or Eco Value to AY JFK-HEL-RVN ?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Where You can buy Eco Basic or Eco Value to AY JFK-HEL-RVN ?

Sorry for the misuse of terms, i am comparing Light Fares vs Standard (economy) Fares.

A followup on baggage allowance. If i take the Light fare will I as a OWS ger the two bags free or not? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Sorry for the misuse of terms, i am comparing Light Fares vs Standard (economy) Fares.

A followup on baggage allowance. If i take the Light fare will I as a OWS ger the two bags free or not? Thanks in advance.
On a Finnair marketed light ticket you'll only get 1 bag as OWS. For details, check this thread!
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
On a Finnair marketed light ticket you'll only get 1 bag as OWS. For details, check this thread!

Thanks, very helpful.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Long time since I have used the "parking buses" whatever those are called. How do they work today? I am mainly interested in the route they circulate and the bus stops. I cannot find helpful information at Finavia site, it is difficult to navigate and I only found one statement of airportbus that runs between platforms 21, 10, and parking places.
Thanks for helps.

EDIT: one of the reasons was also to check if it makes sense to use those buses to hop from Hilton to Terminal 1. What is the best = quickest way to get from Hilton to T1?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:17 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
... I cannot find helpful information at Finavia site, it is difficult to navigate a...
Understatement of the year.

Here is the route, but no guarantees it is still valid.
You can very easily go from T1 to Hilton, the stop "P5" should be perfect now for access to Hilton. From Hilton to T1 you will have to go the long way around on the bus, as it only goes counter-clockwise, via Luftfartsvägen and Fraktvägen.
Attached Images  
FFlash likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Map of parking bus:

https://www.finavia.fi/sites/default...king_guide.pdf
FFlash likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Thanks pro's!
Understatement of the year maybe it was but not from my perspective. I was browsing on laptop Chrome, both Finavia pages and google and could not find it, and after 5 minutes I dropped a line here. Hence, I regard it as difficult to find, or then I am a bad searcher

I got what I wanted though, thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.