Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY flights posting time to Finnair Plus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Waiting for 25.11 and 01.12 QF flights to post.
I really really hope they will, because they were booked via our mandatory corporate booking thingy that won't show you the booking class.
If I need to manually claim I need to beg CS to do that for me (which they have done previously).
On the flip side: I know that AY flights don't post to QF too well either.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I have neither NOV28 nor NOV29 flights posted.
But maybe F class always needs manual tampering by non-IT person.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Nope, my F-class Dec 1st has posted
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
UL flight from Nov 27 came in finally, as did CX from Dec 1. I can breathe a sigh of relief now, the only flights remaining for status are AY ones.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Tapio
I had one MH flight which did not post to my FP account. Asked missing points via the form and got a reply that the booking class was such that no points are awarded. I started to wonder should the flight still be posted and counted in segments even no points are given?
I had a SIN-KUL-SIN with MH - the return leg posted long ago, the outbound had to be claimed (chat) now it's there but with no points - obviously waiting for MH's confirmation. Weird, though, same booking, same ticket...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:23 am

Thankfully my QF legs posted without intervention.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
CEB-HKG (23 Nov) & HKG-LHR (24 Nov) both marketed and operated by CX posted on 26 Nov. LHR-HEL (24 Nov) Marketed by CX operated by AY still haven't posted. My tracking period ends tonight and I'm 550 points short for renewing platinum. The LHR-HEL flight should earn me 1826 points, so would be more than enough to get me through the line... Talked to CS yesterday and agent put in a retroclaim, so I see the flight at the transaction list, but with 0 point at the moment.

Should I exchange some award points tonight to stay on platinum level, or will I be fine when the last flight finally post?
We've passed the two weeks mark yesterday on this LHR-HEL flight marketed by CX, operated by AY. As it was the last flight that would have taken me over the Plat renewal line and my tracking period was ending, CS has put it on retro-claim already a week and a half ago. At the end, remained plat 550 points short of 150K, but that LHR-HEL flight still hasn't posted...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: QR Gold AY Plat
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
As it was the last flight that would have taken me over the Plat renewal line and my tracking period was ending, CS has put it on retro-claim already a week and a half ago.
Funny I had the same problem qualifying AY Gold. The missing flight, which was a HELPRG in J (4400pts) didn't post, while several lesser flights that didn't take me over the Gold mark were posting just fine. I missed the Gold bonus on a couple of flights that posted, while they were processing the retro claim.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:43 am

Out of curiosity, what are your experiences on flights showing as "will be credited soon" in the Finnair app? When you see this, is it guaranteed they will be credited eventually? Or have you ever had a situation where you've seen this, then had the flight disappear, and not get posted at all?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
Out of curiosity, what are your experiences on flights showing as "will be credited soon" in the Finnair app? When you see this, is it guaranteed they will be credited eventually? Or have you ever had a situation where you've seen this, then had the flight disappear, and not get posted at all?
The flights appearance and disappearance from the "Recent flights" section has had no bearing with them being credited/not credited. They disappear after a while, and then might be credited, or might not and I've had to file a claim.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:17 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
Originally Posted by juhanh
The flights appearance and disappearance from the "Recent flights" section has had no bearing with them being credited/not credited. They disappear after a while, and then might be credited, or might not and I've had to file a claim.
I second that. There is no relation between the message "will be credited soon" and the actual credit.

It is not a sign of a transaction being in some queue or audit. instead, every flight that has been listed in the app is moved to the "soon to be credited" list after arrival, where they are displayed for a few days.

A much more correct and descriptive title of that list would be "Recently taken flights"
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
New record? Landed Fri 3 pm, flight posted by Sun noon ^

PS - also the MH flight posted now correctly, took some 2 weeks or so.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by intuition

A much more correct and descriptive title of that list would be "Recently taken flights"
In my app tve headline does say "Recent flights" so that is correct.

It it the "explanation" that is confusing. It says "eligible flights will credit soon" that makes people think that the listed flights are in a state of process. No such connection though.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
For me, the Recent flights currently show two flights from 30NOV that were credited long ago. The 07DEC award flight has already disappeared from the list, but 09DEC award flight is in the list.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:03 am

My "recent flights" shows 5 flights, 3 of which have been credited already. When I click on "load more" the 3 credited ones disappear though, and only the 2 uncredited ones remain. Seems like for some reason it's not refreshing properly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.